Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179389 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45333: Jul 25, 2021 03:10:14 pm
      Ok mate. Moving on...

Any news on a midfielder then? Last I heard it was Kessie's turn.

Isn't he entering his final year? Has anyone seen anything of him?

Saul links have gone dead. I thought we had a bid rejected.
      I'd love Kessie. Absolute tank, smart on and off the ball, threat from outside the box (strong right foot), very confident and efficient penalty taker, also knows how to dish assists (6 of them last season in Serie A), can play as a CDM but also has no problem playing as a CM, can run all day and is good in both his half and the opposition's half of the pitch. He also missed a total of 1 game through injury since 2019 (according to Transfermarkt)

However, I dont know if we will go for an established midfielder. I think we all know that Klopp and his staff are looking for a midfielder and a forward. The question here is more along the lines of will we go for somebody young with lots of potential (Ć  la Neuhauss) or somebody more established (Ć  la Saul/Kessie)?

I can't answer that question. I can see both answers being debated successfully. It all rests on what Klopp thinks of Jones and what hope he puts on Keita.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #45334: Jul 25, 2021 04:07:15 pm
      Iā€™m thinking that JĆ¼rgen is banking on Keita staying healthy and Ox being able to ply his trade as a False 9. Theres your new midfielder and attacking player sorted. No need for any incomings.

Honestly if Keita was able to play a whole season I donā€™t know that we would need a new midfielder, but in my mind thatā€™s taking a pretty big gamble.

Ox as an attacker who knows. Can he keep up the constant press ala Firmino? Only time will tell. I have a feeling he wonā€™t get enough game time to prove himself though once Bobby is back. I personally would still like to see us bring in winger, someone more in the mold of Jota.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45335: Jul 25, 2021 04:41:28 pm
      I'd love Kessie. Absolute tank, smart on and off the ball, threat from outside the box (strong right foot), very confident and efficient penalty taker, also knows how to dish assists (6 of them last season in Serie A), can play as a CDM but also has no problem playing as a CM, can run all day and is good in both his half and the opposition's half of the pitch. He also missed a total of 1 game through injury since 2019 (according to Transfermarkt)

However, I dont know if we will go for an established midfielder. I think we all know that Klopp and his staff are looking for a midfielder and a forward. The question here is more along the lines of will we go for somebody young with lots of potential (Ć  la Neuhauss) or somebody more established (Ć  la Saul/Kessie)?

I can't answer that question. I can see both answers being debated successfully. It all rests on what Klopp thinks of Jones and what hope he puts on Keita.

Thanks for the info mate.

Out of all the centre mids we've been linked with who would you pick?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #45336: Jul 25, 2021 05:43:55 pm
      Thanks for the info mate.

Out of all the centre mids we've been linked with who would you pick?
      To be honest we have been linked with so many I probably don't remember them all  ;D. If we take out the question I mentioned in my post and I go purely off of who I like the most I  would say my favorite is Tielemans just because we know exactly what we are getting in that we watched the kid play in this very league. Talent is undeniable and proven in the PL. No adaptation period needed and all that good stuff.

If we are looking for somebody similar to Gini I think my choice out of the names that came up in rumours is Kessie just because I watched AC Milan a lot last season (by a lot I mean like 10 games or so) both in Serie A and EL. He reminds of Gini in that its hard to take the ball off him and he is technically gifted (enough) to distribute good passes and move a bit with it at his feet. I also like that we can easily plug him at CM or CDM depending on what we need. I much rather we keep Hendo as a CM and not use him as a CDM when Fab is out. He does not solve any creativity issue you might think we have tho. Not that guy. He's a proper box to box with strength, reliability and consistency but he's not the guy who will give us what Keita was supposed to give us with his penetrative runs and trickery on the edge of the box. Good Klopp type midfielder tho (talented workhorse)

I would stay way from Sanches with that injury record. Neuhaus is interesting but like I said earlier in the window, I didn't watch him enough to give a proper opinion of the guy. Just saw him play in some CL games and some Bundesliga games against BVB but not enough to form a proper opinion. 
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #45337: Jul 25, 2021 06:57:11 pm
      Iā€™m thinking that JĆ¼rgen is banking on Keita staying healthy and Ox being able to ply his trade as a False 9. Theres your new midfielder and attacking player sorted. No need for any incomings.

Honestly if Keita was able to play a whole season I donā€™t know that we would need a new midfielder, but in my mind thatā€™s taking a pretty big gamble.

Ox as an attacker who knows. Can he keep up the constant press ala Firmino? Only time will tell. I have a feeling he wonā€™t get enough game time to prove himself though once Bobby is back. I personally would still like to see us bring in winger, someone more in the mold of Jota.

If Kieta could play a whole season then our Gini problem is solved. Kieta can do things that Gini just can't. He is a true box to box and provides more going forward. He can hold up the ball like Gine could and seems to be just as good, if not better with the ball at his feet. He can certainly create space for the likes of the front 3.

That IF is a BIG IF though. Crossing my fingers.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #45338: Jul 25, 2021 07:43:57 pm

This might be it and like BR434 said if Keita stays healthy then we have no midfield issue and we actually add a very important creative tool to our shed.

Anybody here knows if an injury prone player can dramatically improve his fitness by changing something to his training plan or something else? So far I get the impression that I rarely see injury prone guys escape from it but at the same time I feel like some players are not known for being injury magnets and suddenly can't stay away from them after changing clubs or leagues so maybe something can be done to retrieve a more stable fitness level?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #45339: Jul 25, 2021 08:39:49 pm
      Itā€™s solely down to klopp.

The club was a shambles before he came in and we were moving in the wrong direction very quickly.

The club wasnā€™t a shambles - 14 months previously it came within 3 points of winning the league , the clubs finances were stable and the new stand build was starting well

They had people in place to recruit players back then and look at the mess they made. Signing the likes of Downing and adam who had good numbers and stats but were both massively out of their depth here. I could go on but nobody wants a history lesson.

They were people signed in the Kenny stint under Comolli - donā€™t forget they also signed Suarez , then Edwards team being in players like Coutinho , Sturridge and Milner
      Klopp came in and the same type of sh*t was still happening. Itā€™s mad to look back on it now because of the great job JĆ¼rgen has done with this group of players, but when we signed robertson for example, everybody was fuming. People were even unsure on the likes of mane and salah too because of what we had seen previously with the likes of Downing.

I wasnā€™t ā€œfumingā€ because we signed Robertson 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø And I certainly canā€™t remember many fuming about the signing. But the likes of Mane and Salah was signed under Edwards team as opposed to Comolli

The difference is, we have klopp who is the best coach in world football. If, by now, you still donā€™t realise he has a unique gift and can even make sh*t players look half decent then I donā€™t know how to engage with you. Heā€™s an unbelievable coach and thereā€™s a lot more to it than a club highlighting a player and even suggesting them to the manager.

I donā€™t believe anyone has suggested anything different about Klopp but becoming a successful team isnā€™t all down to one person regardless of how good he is. Klopp is the most important part in the machine but there also many other parts that need to work for it all to work. Itā€™s disrespectful to a lot of people within the club to give all the credit to one person

Do you honestly believe that had klopp not managed us, and we had any other manager in place, and we signed the exact same players that we have under klopp, then we still would have achieved the same levels of success? That those same players would have reached the same heights that they have and become the world class stars that they are now?

Klopp was hired because he was the best person to fit in the model the club works too

VVD etc would still be world class players -players like Mane , Salah etc were bought to fit the system - letā€™s not forget the story about Klopp wanting Brandt but Edwards saying Salah is the better fit - maybe that would  highlight how key Edwards and his team is

What about the players who were here before klopp, the obvious one being hendo. Why was he absolutely sh*te for years before klopp came and was even on the verge of joining Fulham but now most people would consider him a decent player and heā€™s captained his team to domestic and European titles? If it wasnā€™t for klopp, would jordan henderson have ever won the European cup? He would be in the bloody championship!

Henderson wasnā€™t absolutely sh*te before Klopp arrived - Hendo was superb in the season where we came 2nd and actually losing him for the last couple of games was a big reason why we didnā€™t go onto win the title

Rodgers was the one who was looking to swap him for a player at a Fulham but it didnā€™t happen and he stayed and matured into a key player both before Klopp arrived and after

It doesnā€™t really matter who we f**king sign as long as weā€™ve got klopp. If theyā€™re half decent to begin with and heā€™s got something there to work with then he will get a tune out of anyone and any player will flourish under him. Itā€™s why so many are desperate to play for him. Can you name one player who has gone backwards under klopp while at us? So yes Iā€™ll say it again, itā€™s f**king down to klopp.

Sturridge struggled under Klopp , Karius was his signing and struggled. But have you thought that the reason why a lot of signings work out is also down to the scouting team picking the right players , Edwards and his team signing the right players. Itā€™s not like the club have signed unknowns and they have been turned into stars. Many of the signings were players shining for their club

I remember saying to you ages ago that once klopp leaves this club, you and a few others are in for a right shock. I wonder if youā€™ll still be nagging us to praise all those people at the club now who are all massively responsible for our success when weā€™re languishing in mid table competing with palace for tenth place. Thereā€™s so much to quote you on youā€™re going to look like an idiot. The only direction this club is going once klopp leaves is backwards unless FSG change.

This appears to be something that is said a lot by people - the club is going to fall apart when Klopp leaves etc etc etc - and they just like you state it as if itā€™s fact. I wonder if you thought the same when Shanks left or when Bob left or when Joe left. I have no doubt that the club along with Klopp will chose the manager very carefully - but you donā€™t know the club is going to fall back to mid table when Klopp leaves so why state it ?

Another thing, you keep saying the club only spends what the club earns. Pre covid, why didnā€™t we spend any money then? With all the tv, sponsorships and prize money why where we still on a sell to buy policy? Itā€™s only now because of covid you can argue that thereā€™s no money in the pot, but before covid there must have been? Wasnā€™t that the best time to invest, when we were on top and had money in the bank?

It clearly seen within the accounts that the club spends the income is makes - transfers , wages , bonuses, signing on fees etc - all the expenditure is there in black and white in rbe accounts

And we werenā€™t on a ā€œsell to buy policyā€

The club have spent Ā£1.1bn on transfers since FSG arrived  -have we sold Ā£1.1bn of players - Nope ,

And if we only spend money that we earn, then we canā€™t possibly earn that much, so would you not agree that weā€™re a badly run club then? For a club of our size and stature, itā€™s worrying that we barely make any money, so youā€™d have to wonder what the f**k FSG are doing then 🤷🏼ā€ā™‚ļø

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-reveal-stunning-financial-results-17813462.amp

The club earn very well - it helps pay one of the biggest wage bills in the league

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/how-every-prem-clubs-wage-bill-compares-to-their-19-20-league-position/
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #45340: Jul 25, 2021 10:59:04 pm
      You can tell that the transfer market is slow when we are linked with buying Chiesa from Juventus for nearly 90 million.  Firstly I doubt we would spend that this summer let alone on one player and secondly chiesa is only on at juventus on loan at the moment. Might as well post a picture.of tumbleweed blowing through. Still reckon one or two will arrive.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #45341: Jul 26, 2021 09:46:06 am
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #45342: Jul 26, 2021 10:19:32 am
      Heard this morning that West Ham were looking at Ox because Lingard was too much. Ā£25mil for Ox ?

Also Ings being looked at for us
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #45343: Jul 26, 2021 10:23:58 am
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #45344: Jul 26, 2021 10:52:26 am

I hope we get a good price. I maintain that I think he deserved more chances. Anyway, if Klopp doesn't want him, I wish him good luck.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #45345: Jul 26, 2021 11:09:06 am

FFS Thought we were going to buy someone for a second there
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #45346: Jul 26, 2021 11:32:14 am
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45347: Jul 26, 2021 11:34:36 am
      FFS Thought we were going to buy someone for a second there

;D me too.

I feel like deleting the internet until the window shuts. Everyday I turn up here hoping to see a solid link "Liverpool poised to sign *insert here*" - BBC Sports
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45348: Jul 26, 2021 11:57:46 am
      I hope we get a good price. I maintain that I think he deserved more chances. Anyway, if Klopp doesn't want him, I wish him good luck.

The problem is, he's always getting injured.

Great player, but gets a lot of injuries.
      Hard to have faith in him knowing he could drop at any moment.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #45349: Jul 26, 2021 11:58:35 am
      ;D me too.

I feel like deleting the internet until the window shuts. Everyday I turn up here hoping to see a solid link "Liverpool poised to sign *insert here*" - BBC Sports

Same here but I'm maybe overly confident about the management. Last year, we got Thiago and Jota who are really top players, although we can say not signing a CB was a mistake. We have a good team, we finished 3rd last year and everyone in the starting 11 is among the very best.

My concern is the bench. It's hard to find good cover at a decent price now. But I want to believe that Klopp weighs enough to ask for new good players. I often criticized Klopp, but the guy knows his job and I think he'll put pressure on our owners if he wants new players. And in general, we made more than decent signings recently.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #45350: Jul 26, 2021 03:22:06 pm
      Same here but I'm maybe overly confident about the management. Last year, we got Thiago and Jota who are really top players, although we can say not signing a CB was a mistake. We have a good team, we finished 3rd last year and everyone in the starting 11 is among the very best.

My concern is the bench. It's hard to find good cover at a decent price now. But I want to believe that Klopp weighs enough to ask for new good players. I often criticized Klopp, but the guy knows his job and I think he'll put pressure on our owners if he wants new players. And in general, we made more than decent signings recently.

Why would there be any need to often criticize Klopp? Literally the best manager in the world.  FFS 🤦
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #45351: Jul 26, 2021 06:47:42 pm
       Patience people I have seen the future.

As soon as Shaq, Origi, and Phillips are sold next week we will swiftly announce our new CM and forward signings. ;)
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #45352: Jul 26, 2021 06:52:39 pm
      Patience people I have seen the future.

As soon as Shaq, Origi, and Phillips are sold next week we will swiftly announce our new CM and forward signings. ;)

Just hope your crystal ball is accurate chief
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #45353: Jul 26, 2021 07:13:16 pm
      If anyone thinks we can go into a season with after not replacing a player that probably played 50 odd games last season in cm (the 50 is pure guess works maybe more or less) by relying on Keita and ox to potentially replace him their games needs to really think this through

We will be one major injury away in cm to a key player eg fab/hendo/Thiago were we will be close to A crisis

We have sold around 20m worth of players  if not more when factoring in wages etc

If arsenal are out spending us then once again we need a reality a cHeck as do fsg and klopp

This isnā€™t me saying I want fsg or klopp out, this looks like we are being complacent in a major major way, it almost smells of arrogance

ā€œWe have 3 new cbs this season so now we will be fighting for the titleā€

This is the most competitive league in the world for a reason. Yes we will be better in cb but we will be weaker in cm

Hendo was out majority of last season, what if he has another bad injury season which is possible after last year for sure, if I remember correctly, he was picking up niggles at euros

Unless Jones is ready to play 40-50 games, we are in major trouble if we do not get a cm

Keita has not lasted a season with us, heck he has not even last half a season fully fit as has not ox

That leaves
      Fab, hendo, Thiago and Jones as our main cm options with Keita and ox as back ups ?

Sure itā€™s 6 for 3 positions but 2 are crocks and 1 has had a horrific season with injuries

I get we may go 4 up top but please please please please please sign a cm ASAP, we have the funds surely with the sales, Iā€™m sure we prob have more money in than out when you count wages we have dropped off

Donā€™t take this game for no reason, why are we risking it for no reason ? Literally why? Our one weakness is our cm now, why not cover that weakness instead of potentially buying in jan to resolve it

I get itā€™s efficient financially as we have the numbers but you must look at the attention to detail behind the numbers

We absolutely require a cm to play 40
      Games per season at a good level, one injury is all it will take to mean we have to play Keita and ox a lot more, you know what happens when they play regular? They get injured end it will be a Domino effect

Sorry for the long post but I cannot believe we are so complacent and arrogant to think we can cope without a cm
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #45354: Jul 26, 2021 07:35:32 pm
      If anyone thinks we can go into a season with after not replacing a player that probably played 50 odd games last season in cm (the 50 is pure guess works maybe more or less) by relying on Keita and ox to potentially replace him their games needs to really think this through

We will be one major injury away in cm to a key player eg fab/hendo/Thiago were we will be close to A crisis

We have sold around 20m worth of players  if not more when factoring in wages etc

If arsenal are out spending us then once again we need a reality a cHeck as do fsg and klopp

This isnā€™t me saying I want fsg or klopp out, this looks like we are being complacent in a major major way, it almost smells of arrogance

ā€œWe have 3 new cbs this season so now we will be fighting for the titleā€

This is the most competitive league in the world for a reason. Yes we will be better in cb but we will be weaker in cm

Hendo was out majority of last season, what if he has another bad injury season which is possible after last year for sure, if I remember correctly, he was picking up niggles at euros

Unless Jones is ready to play 40-50 games, we are in major trouble if we do not get a cm

Keita has not lasted a season with us, heck he has not even last half a season fully fit as has not ox

That leaves
      Fab, hendo, Thiago and Jones as our main cm options with Keita and ox as back ups ?

Sure itā€™s 6 for 3 positions but 2 are crocks and 1 has had a horrific season with injuries

I get we may go 4 up top but please please please please please sign a cm ASAP, we have the funds surely with the sales, Iā€™m sure we prob have more money in than out when you count wages we have dropped off

Donā€™t take this game for no reason, why are we risking it for no reason ? Literally why? Our one weakness is our cm now, why not cover that weakness instead of potentially buying in jan to resolve it

I get itā€™s efficient financially as we have the numbers but you must look at the attention to detail behind the numbers

We absolutely require a cm to play 40
      Games per season at a good level, one injury is all it will take to mean we have to play Keita and ox a lot more, you know what happens when they play regular? They get injured end it will be a Domino effect

Sorry for the long post but I cannot believe we are so complacent and arrogant to think we can cope without a cm

Keep the faith...    :f_tongueincheek: ;D
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #45355: Jul 26, 2021 08:28:41 pm

It was named in a much worse era hence the name

This isnā€™t about faith but common sense at this stage

I really believe we can win the title next season but canā€™t dent the glaring weakness we have

Quick Reply