Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178782 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45402: Jul 28, 2021 08:53:44 pm
      I know that it is probably impossible we even consider Lacazette but for the sake of the discussion I would say that apart from Tierney, Partey, Martinelli and Saka (maybe I'm forgetting another name or two) there's nothing that could interest us in this team. The rest of their squad is either overrated or they have some notable attitude issues that wouldn't fly with Klopp and our squad.

I for example couldn't see a guy like Guendouzi surviving in our environment despite his undeniable potential.

Probably why they binned Guendouzi first chance they got.
      Smith Rowe seems to be one with some potential as well, but otherwise I agree with you. That Arsenal team is really nothing special.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #45403: Jul 28, 2021 09:24:35 pm
      The front 3 should be started to turn over this year and pretty sure would of done if it wasn't for restrictions with Finances

Disagree it should have started this summer. They're all 29 and still in their prime for a couple years, so there is no need to split them up at this moment but that day is certainly approaching. I expect next summer we'll see the first shoe drop and one of them go as we simply cannot have all 3 get old together and end up with 3 33/34 year olds on big wages as Klopp looks to move in 2024.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #45404: Jul 28, 2021 09:26:41 pm
      I don't think Lacazette is a good fit for the 5th spot. His wages would be too high and he's still young enough where he would want more consistent playing time anyway.

Any old timers out there who could be had on a 1-year deal? Think Cavani/Ibra type players.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #45405: Jul 28, 2021 09:27:07 pm
      I know that it is probably impossible we even consider Lacazette but for the sake of the discussion I would say that apart from Tierney, Partey, Martinelli and Saka (maybe I'm forgetting another name or two) there's nothing that could interest us in this team. The rest of their squad is either overrated or they have some notable attitude issues that wouldn't fly with Klopp and our squad.

I for example couldn't see a guy like Guendouzi surviving in our environment despite his undeniable potential.

Tierney = poor man's Robbo
      Partey = poor man's Fab
      Martinelli = poor man's Jota

Saka is the only one I'd have here.

Average team who will stay average.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #45406: Jul 28, 2021 10:31:15 pm
      Partey = poor man's Fab

Tierney is a a great player. Robbo is better but both top 5 left backs in world.

Saka is a talent, no more at this stage.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #45407: Jul 28, 2021 10:51:37 pm
      Partey = poor man's Fab

Tierney is brilliant. Just because Robertson is better doesn’t make him tierney any less of a player
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #45408: Jul 28, 2021 11:15:32 pm
      I think we have lots of midfield options without replacing Gini it's just fitness is the issue. Keeping virg and Gomez fit will be a big boost. Getting Traore could be a game changer that gives us better options up top. Mane and Traore on the flanks with Salah through the middle could work wonders for us
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #45409: Jul 28, 2021 11:39:50 pm
      Talk of Traore's price being like 60m last summer...this summer no real talk of him moving at all. There's likely a reason for that.

He's a speed merchant, not much else.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #45410: Jul 29, 2021 12:00:57 am
      Talk of Traore's price being like 60m last summer...this summer no real talk of him moving at all. There's likely a reason for that.

Agreed. Be very surprised if he's under consideration. If he wasn't sh*t quick and built like a tank he would be at Wigan Athletic.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #45411: Jul 29, 2021 12:49:21 am

2 seasons ago he had 9 assist. He was a mother f**ker down the wing and created a ton of chances. Klopp has said numerous times that our game plan primarily revolved around stopping him. 

He had a bad year, but they had a lot going on. Jota was gone, Neto was in and out, and he had injuries himself. Under Klopp he could be a monster 😉
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45412: Jul 29, 2021 01:17:33 am
      Agreed. Be very surprised if he's under consideration. If he wasn't sh*t quick and built like a tank he would be at Wigan Athletic.

Exactly. Speed merchent with no end product. Would need an amazing season this year and then talk about him next summer.

If we're signing guys off their form a year ago then might as well get Pukki and Willian.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #45413: Jul 29, 2021 02:51:47 am
      Minamino clearly has all the ability and has shown it in fleating moments

Clearly? Really, mate?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #45414: Jul 29, 2021 02:52:52 am

The player that pisses me off more than any other at the moment.

Overrated to f**k
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #45415: Jul 29, 2021 02:53:45 am
      2 seasons ago he had 9 assist. He was a mother f**ker down the wing and created a ton of chances. Klopp has said numerous times that our game plan primarily revolved around stopping him. 

He had a bad year, but they had a lot going on. Jota was gone, Neto was in and out, and he had injuries himself. Under Klopp he could be a monster 😉

I'd have Neto. F**k Traore, though
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #45416: Jul 29, 2021 05:49:06 am

Neto looks a proper player and I forsee us actually in for him next season. I think he's hurt atm. I don't see us actually in for Adama, and for his price its probably best we steer clear. All I'm saying is there is a stud player in that tank of a man, and he's shown flashes of brilliance before. He had a terrible year last year, but the year before he was terrifying. Klopp has always seemed to be an admirer of him, so that means something too.

With that said he's kind of boom or bust. I'd go a safer route and try and lock down Malen. Maybe even move for Neto a year early.

Off topic, what's the number beside Harvey Barnes name? Tell me it isn't something silly like 40 mil?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #45417: Jul 29, 2021 07:02:14 am
      We should sell the following players to raise funds: Ben Davies, one of Nat Phillips/Matip, Karius, Ojo, Origi, Neco Williams, Woodburn, Shaqiri, Minamino, Adrian, Chamberlain (not so sure here).

Signing at least 2 players of the following will help us alot:

Midfield: Odegaard (good versatile young player who would massively improve under Klopp, available for around 45 mil), Barella (to take Gini's place, difficult to sign and would command a big fee), Camavinga (great talent in last year of contract, should be available for around 20-25 mil i guess), Gravenbech (incredible talent, but not sure about how much he would cost), Bellingham (probably would cost a fortune), Renato Sanches (a huge gamble), Taun Koopmeiners (one of the best midfielders in Eredivisie, can play in defence also), Tielemans (see Bellingham), Carlos Soler or Musah (best midfielders at Valencia who are in financial trouble)

Winger/Attackers: Doku (looked great at Euro), Isak (young striker which proved himself at Sociedad), Neto (much better alternative to limited Adama), Boadu (as we know, strikers from Eredivisie are hit or miss).
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2021 07:11:17 am by GeorgeRed »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #45418: Jul 29, 2021 07:47:59 am
      Partey = poor man's Fab

Disagree with you on Tierney and Martinelli. Tierney is a very good left-back. As for Martinelli look out what the boss thinks about him. Both those players are already good as is and have a ton of potential. Its sad to see them lose crucial years in this Arsenal team.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #45419: Jul 29, 2021 08:44:30 am

Yep - you could see that when we played Salzburg , during periods for Southampton and  a couple times with us - it appears to be a physicality issue with him as opposed to ability
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #45420: Jul 29, 2021 08:48:03 am
      Disagree with you on Tierney and Martinelli. Tierney is a very good left-back. As for Martinelli look out what the boss thinks about him. Both those players are already good as is and have a ton of potential. Its sad to see them lose crucial years in this Arsenal team.

Not saying they aren't decent players mate just a level or two below our lads.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #45421: Jul 29, 2021 08:49:23 am
      Disagree it should have started this summer. They're all 29 and still in their prime for a couple years, so there is no need to split them up at this moment but that day is certainly approaching. I expect next summer we'll see the first shoe drop and one of them go as we simply cannot have all 3 get old together and end up with 3 33/34 year olds on big wages as Klopp looks to move in 2024.

Contracts running down run the risk of losing for small or no fee. Question would you not have sold one to get Sancho in ? Because I would
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #45422: Jul 29, 2021 09:21:56 am
      Not saying they aren't decent players mate just a level or two below our lads.
      Can't disagree with you on this one. Our lads are better!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #45423: Jul 29, 2021 10:59:13 am
      Shaqiri? Ox? Keita at a push?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #45424: Jul 29, 2021 01:34:38 pm
      So still nothing going on then. Seems like the theme for this window. Not many clubs have spent yet.

I'd have Lacazette in a heartbeat over Origi.

Quick Reply