Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204038 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #46207: Aug 31, 2021 02:08:38 pm
      Loaning Rhys Williams and Ben Davies AND letting Phillips move on as well would be a bold decision after what happened last season.

Can’t see Phillips going to be honest. Granted he done a job for us last season but still think our asking price for him is a bit unrealistic given his age and what he had done in his career up to that point last season. It was only really a 6 week sort of spell that he was actually in the team, other than that he was still behind a pairing of Hendo and Fab at CB until they got injured. Teams are unlikely to pay the asking price on the basis of such a short space of time in the team and now essentially being surplus to requirements once again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Reply #46208: Aug 31, 2021 02:08:58 pm

So another one of our attacking backup options headed out the door? Maybe we should send Taki out the door next? Nothing like tempting fate with little attacking cover :D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #46210: Aug 31, 2021 02:13:12 pm
      If he is going then there must be someone to replace him

Wouldn’t count on it, if he was to leave then it will probably just be viewed as dead wood off the pay roll. He doesn’t get included in matchday squads so could easily be viewed as doesn’t need replacing if that makes sense?

Think maybe one or two loans out today but would be very surprised if anyone comes in.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Reply #46211: Aug 31, 2021 02:14:17 pm
      Loaning Rhys Williams and Ben Davies AND letting Phillips move on as well would be a bold decision after what happened last season.

True that. Starting to think it isn't Klopp that likes a small squad as is often parroted.

Or maybe he's such a good manager, he has to have his back against the wall to feel like his job is challenging.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      Reply #46212: Aug 31, 2021 02:15:00 pm
      Wouldn’t count on it, if he was to leave then it will probably just be viewed as dead wood off the pay roll. He doesn’t get included in matchday squads so could easily be viewed as doesn’t need replacing if that makes sense?

Think maybe one or two loans out today but would be very surprised if anyone comes in.

I would be disappointed if they allowed him to go without anyone coming
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,953 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #46213: Aug 31, 2021 02:17:49 pm
      Anyone else hate all this deadline day hype driven by sky ?

You'd of enjoyed it if you put your hands in your pockets...  :f_whistle:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #46214: Aug 31, 2021 02:18:04 pm

I would be disappointed if they allowed him to go without anyone coming

Same here. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t bring another attacker in even if he doesn’t leave to be honest. It’s an area we needed to strengthen this year and we haven’t done that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,150 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #46215: Aug 31, 2021 02:19:54 pm
      Reckon we have had the best window of anyone

Konate
      Allison
      Trent
      Virg
      Hendo
      Fab
      Robbo
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      Reply #46216: Aug 31, 2021 02:20:37 pm
      You'd of enjoyed it if you put your hands in your pockets...  :f_whistle:

Nope 🤷‍♂️
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #46217: Aug 31, 2021 02:21:53 pm
      Reckon we have had the best window of anyone

Konate
      Allison
      Trent
      Virg
      Hendo
      Fab
      Robbo

Hopefully we can add Salah to the list.

But, why do we choose the summer transfer window to do the contract renewals? They can literally be done at any stage of the season. I’m assuming the cost of doing so does come out of the transfer kitty.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      Reply #46218: Aug 31, 2021 02:23:02 pm
      Same here. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t bring another attacker in even if he doesn’t leave to be honest. It’s an area we needed to strengthen this year and we haven’t done that.

I agree we are light an attacker but no idea who - I’m sure they have been looking for the right person
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #46219: Aug 31, 2021 02:26:49 pm
      I agree we are light an attacker but no idea who - I’m sure they have been looking for the right person

Would be Doku for me. He was previously seen as the replacement for Mane. He’s young and doesn’t need to be registered, international experience already, electric pace and powerful. He needs developing but he’d be a handful coming into games and with Klopp as his manager, learning from Mane and Salah, he could become one hell of a player sooner rather than later IMO.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,150 posts | 2780 
      Reply #46220: Aug 31, 2021 02:38:08 pm
      Yeah a forward would be nice. I dont see the urgency for the midfield but if were short Bobby for a few weeks and will miss Mo and Sadio for a bit in January then I think its sensible to get a forward in

8 hours 25 mins to do it
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      Reply #46221: Aug 31, 2021 02:44:55 pm
      Would be Doku for me. He was previously seen as the replacement for Mane. He’s young and doesn’t need to be registered, international experience already, electric pace and powerful. He needs developing but he’d be a handful coming into games and with Klopp as his manager, learning from Mane and Salah, he could become one hell of a player sooner rather than later IMO.

I have only seen Doku in the Euros and certainly looked very raw
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #46222: Aug 31, 2021 02:52:18 pm
      Yeah a forward would be nice. I dont see the urgency for the midfield but if were short Bobby for a few weeks and will miss Mo and Sadio for a bit in January then I think its sensible to get a forward in

8 hours 25 mins to do it

You also have Elliott who can play RW in which case we'd move Salah to the middle as he's often done during games.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #46223: Aug 31, 2021 02:57:44 pm
      Personally liked the Damsgaard rumours. We need someone who can score from the outside of the box. Can't see it happening though...
      RedWilly

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #46224: Aug 31, 2021 03:33:39 pm
      Bad window this for me, one signing when we need cover in midfield and up front isn’t great going.

Can’t believe we’re going into the window relying on Keita and Ox to stay fit and Origi still as back up for the front 3.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #46225: Aug 31, 2021 03:35:11 pm
      still think we need one more attacking player. either a forward or a AM. Think either mane or Mo is going to struggle with the form this season, and there isnt alot of quality on the bench to replace them imo.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #46226: Aug 31, 2021 03:36:35 pm
      Bad window this for me, one signing when we need cover in midfield and up front isn’t great going.

Can’t believe we’re going into the window relying on Keita and Ox to stay fit and Origi still as back up for the front 3.

i was worried about that before the season started, but Elliot has done a great job so far.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,150 posts | 2780 
      Reply #46227: Aug 31, 2021 03:38:20 pm

Out of curiosity why do we need a midfielder when we play 3 in there and have

Ox, Keita  Jones, Thiago  Fab, Hendo, Elliott and Milner all play there. Thats 8 for 3 places, Id not be sad if we signed one but I just dont see it as vital
      Scottbot

• 9,601 posts | 2156 
      Reply #46228: Aug 31, 2021 03:49:52 pm
      Out of curiosity why do we need a midfielder when we play 3 in there and have

Ox, Keita  Jones, Thiago  Fab, Hendo, Elliott and Milner all play there. Thats 8 for 3 places, Id not be sad if we signed one but I just dont see it as vital

Certainly Elliott coming in has added a body that most wouldn't have accounted for in midfield. I think the issue is one of fitness. We've lost a player in Gini who was fit and available most of the time, his injury record was terrific. I'd have injury concerns with most of the players you've listed with the exception of Jones and Elliott. Milner is often missing with a knock (no surprise given the years on his body), Henderson is more frequently out, Thiago but suffers with his fair share by the looks of it and is a similar age. Keita and Ox get injured sitting on the bench and even Fab missed a big chunk with a serious injury last year. On paper it looks pretty good but take 3 of those lads out when the games are coming twice a week and we will struggle I think.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      Reply #46229: Aug 31, 2021 04:00:25 pm
      Certainly Elliott coming in has added a body that most wouldn't have accounted for in midfield. I think the issue is one of fitness. We've lost a player in Gini who was fit and available most of the time, his injury record was terrific. I'd have injury concerns with most of the players you've listed with the exception of Jones and Elliott. Milner is often missing with a knock (no surprise given the years on his body), Henderson is more frequently out, Thiago but suffers with his fair share by the looks of it and is a similar age. Keita and Ox get injured sitting on the bench and even Fab missed a big chunk with a serious injury last year. On paper it looks pretty good but take 3 of those lads out when the games are coming twice a week and we will struggle I think.

We certainly need a couple of player to finally get a break in regards their injury issues

Quick Reply