Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

QPR 0-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match discussion

Read 28000 times
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: QPR 0-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match discussion
      Reply #368: Dec 30, 2012 06:26:30 pm
      I don't think we were poor in the second half or took our foot off the gas. I think when they brought on Derry at half time they packed the midfield and stopped Gerrard from distributing the ball as freely as he was. We kept patient, kept the tempo slow enough and looked to hurt them on the break. I think tactically we were always a step ahead.

A good response from the stoke game, a win and most importantly 3 points. Al this can only mean one thing... we'l get hammered by Sunderland! We are consistently inconsistent! :P
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #369: Dec 30, 2012 06:26:56 pm
      Should have been a cricket score.

Disappointed we sat on a 3-0 lead.

That said, it was a very good first-half performance, and we proved in the second-half that we can defend comfortably.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #370: Dec 30, 2012 06:31:07 pm
      Great performance and great win.

Wish we had pushed on second half for a few more but we needed 3 goals to move up the table and we did that.

Btw, thought Gerrard was sensational today!
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #371: Dec 30, 2012 06:33:05 pm
      QPR were dreadful, but you can only beat the teams in front of you.

Good to see the guys bounce back after the disaster at Stoke.  Lets hope we can kick up with a few new faces and put together a run.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #372: Dec 30, 2012 06:35:58 pm
      Also as a side-note, I loved seeing Gerrard smash into that fairy Fabio after he body checked Raheem!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #373: Dec 30, 2012 06:37:50 pm
      Also as a side-note, I loved seeing Gerrard smash into that fairy Fabio after he body checked Raheem!

It was great.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #374: Dec 30, 2012 06:41:07 pm
      Only disappointment was that we didn't bend them over and spank them after the third, they were there for the taking.

Great performance, good result & clean sheet. But it will count for F**k all if we don't build on it against Sunderland.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #375: Dec 30, 2012 06:42:15 pm
      Henderson above Shelvey for me now in the pecking order.

Tireless running, adds alot of energy to our midfield & has been making alot more decent runs forward as of late.

If he can add a few goals to his repertoire we might actually be on to something.

Edit: Apparently he was up all night with that virus too. Fair play to the lad.
      Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #376: Dec 30, 2012 06:48:21 pm
      Delighted with the win , we eased  off in the 2 nd half , could and should have increased our GD.
      Harry has a real job on his hands to keep that lot up. If he manages it he'll have earned his ' Harry Houdini ' title.
      Suarez, as ever was immense and I desperately wanted him to get his hat trick.
      We need to do whatever it takes to keep him. Without him I dread to think where we would be.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #377: Dec 30, 2012 06:48:52 pm
      Well done redmen thought Stirling could have done better but all in all was a great team performance...especially liked it when SG put in the tackle on Fabio thats what we want to see..YNWA!!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #378: Dec 30, 2012 06:50:26 pm

For some reason this photo makes me laugh.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #379: Dec 30, 2012 06:51:30 pm
      I'm delighted that we got three points

I'm a bit disappointed that we didnt really go for it and great a really good convincing morale boosting win

The first half performance was decent with Suarez being out of this world

Second half was just going through the motions

Overall it was an ok performance against a truly awful team - need to play a lot better against Sunderland

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #380: Dec 30, 2012 06:54:15 pm
      Good first 45 minutes against a very poor QPR side.  Suarez is simply world class.

Nice to see Allen back, but Lucas still worries me, he's either lost a yard of pace, or is only about 50% fit. Sterling still running into dead ends, and still needs to work on his final ball, be it a shot or a pass.

Henderson is starting to look more confident on the ball too, and I think he should start ahead of Shelvey now.

Reina was solid, defence was solid, everyone looked better than the debacle at Stoke.

Perhaps we took our foot off the gas a bit, but I think QPR deserve some credit for coming out and putting up more of a fight. Either way, we gave away too much possession and they got way too many shots and free kicks for it to be a commanding second half performance from us. End result, is that I thought we were quite poor second half.

Still, 3-0 away from home shouldn't be sniffed at.

Enrique tears his hamstring, so I hope that doesn't affect who the manager wants to buy in the New Year. For a start, it means, can he now sell Downing who slots in at LB?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #381: Dec 30, 2012 06:56:44 pm
      Happy enough with the win, the way we played and the scoreline, thought QPR deserve some credit for the way they played second half rather than blaming Liverpool for not crushing them.

Shown we can beat the teams that let us play, now we need to beat some of the teams above us if we are to have a good second half to the season.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #382: Dec 30, 2012 06:57:06 pm
      Totally agree George Lucas with your summary
      My thoughts entirely.
      At least we won.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #383: Dec 30, 2012 06:58:03 pm
      Good first 45 minutes against a very poor QPR side.  Suarez is simply world class.

Nice to see Allen back, but Lucas still worries me, he's either lost a yard of pace, or is only about 50% fit. Sterling still running into dead ends, and still needs to work on his final ball, be it a shot or a pass.

Henderson is starting to look more confident on the ball too, and I think he should start ahead of Shelvey now.

Reina was sold, defence was solid, everyone looked better than the debacle at Stoke.

Perhaps we took our foot off the gas a bit, but I think QPR deserve some credit for coming out and putting up more of a fight. Either way, we gave away too much possession and they got way too many shots and free kicks for it to be a commanding second half performance from us. End result, is that I thought we were quite poor second half.

Still, 3-0 away from home shouldn't be sniffed at.

Enrique tears his hamstring, so I hope that doesn't affect who the manager wants to buy in the New Year. For a start, it means, can he now sell Downing who slots in at LB?
      When did it happen??  :o :o  :)

As my prediction, we won it in style, now only to be get beaten by sunderland in style  ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #384: Dec 30, 2012 07:06:48 pm
      When did it happen??  :o :o  :)
      , now only to be get beaten by sunderland in style  ;)
      No chance there will not be any beach balls to be seen at Anfield.
                          It was good to see the lads put in the effort at QPR after the Stoke debacle.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #385: Dec 30, 2012 07:08:19 pm
      Well my hopes of finishing the pre-booked bowling (at a bargain price of £8 per game for family of 4 may I add!!) in blissful ignorance before coming home to enjoy the game well and truly f#d by the 8ft by 12ft f#n telly at the end of lane 1 - we were in lane 2!!!!

Was 3-0 when I got there so really didn't pick anything up other than what a f#n genius we have at no.7!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #386: Dec 30, 2012 07:20:03 pm
      Decent win against a very poor Qpr side, would have liked a couple more goals, but the 3 points is the main thing. Must not sit back against Sunderland, another fighting display needed.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #387: Dec 30, 2012 07:30:16 pm
      I don't think we took our foot off the gas to be honest.

QPR were a different team in the second half, they genuinely pressed us when they lost possesion and contested just about everything.

Which was stark contrast to the first half, we were picking them off left right and center because they just never turned up, it was like they had Balotelli's on the pitch in the first half.

The good thing is, we took advantage of that and put them to the sword.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #388: Dec 30, 2012 07:32:28 pm
      I think it was both. QPR improved at the half plus we took our foot off the gas. We weren't making as many runs into space and didn't attack with any kind of urgency.

Always have to consider that virus going around the team. Maybe it was a precaution to not have them go out there and keep pushing on with it in some of their systems.

EDIT:

Pascoe reveals extent of illnesses
      Colin Pascoe has revealed details of the illnesses which hit the Liverpool camp ahead of their 3-0 win at Queens Park Rangers.

Pascoe deputised for Brendan Rodgers in the dugout for our final game of 2012, with the boss returning to Merseyside on Sunday morning on doctor's orders.

The Northern Irishman was too ill to make contact during the game, though he did pick the team.

His assistant Pascoe was also ill with a different ailment, and revealed afterwards that he too had been barred from the dressing room to prevent the players being struck down.

He said: "This morning, he [Rodgers] phoned me. I wasn't feeling very well myself, but he was worse than me!

"He didn't look so good, he was very, very white. We were in the hotel.

"All the preparation had been done for the match. Brendan picked the team. The presentations to the players were all set, I just did the presentations today. The driver had to take him [Brendan] back home.

"He wasn't in touch during the game - he's that bad!

"The way the medical team and the doctors isolated the players and the staff, they've been fantastic. Hopefully it's nipped in the bud and not too many players or staff will be affected by it."

On his own sickness, Pascoe added: "I made notes before, during and after and I gave them to Mike Marsh, who went in and gave instructions.

"I wasn't allowed in the dressing room!"

Two goals from Luis Suarez and a header from Daniel Agger ensured QPR remained rooted to the bottom of the Barclays Premier League heading into the New Year.

Liverpool stay eight points adrift of the top four but a win at home to Sunderland on Wednesday will make it a decent return of nine points from a possible 12 over the Christmas period.

Pascoe said: "They were awesome today. The way they played, conducted themselves and controlled the game.

"The way Luis and Stevie and the boys played - you could go through the whole team. It was just a great team performance."

Asked whether the display gave him hope that 2013 would be a more fruitful year than 2012 on the pitch for Liverpool, Pascoe replied: "Yes, definitely.

"We were all disappointed after Stoke but the performances in a lot of the games have been terrific. Again today, coming to QPR, which is a tough place to come, the lads were superb."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/pascoe-reveals-extent-of-illnesses
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #389: Dec 30, 2012 07:41:55 pm
      QPR were poor but that said we were in control for the whole game, and you can only beat who are in front of you, we'll done, everyone played well, we now must build on it.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #390: Dec 30, 2012 07:52:13 pm
      Good result that....nice to end the year with a win , even better that Everton got beat...
      Thought Suarez was a different class in the first half...should've been 12 - 0 really , we never really pressed them hard enough in the second half and obviously "Arry" had a lot to say in the dressing room at half time as they we a lot more keen in the second half but I thought we held out well..Mad to think how Wright Phillips has fallen from grace, shame really and how sh*t was Cisse!!!!
      We're gonna miss Enrique though !!..don't want Downing filling at right back..sorry !
      Did you see Stevie G try and flatten yer man after he hit Sterling with about 5 mins to go?...and because of that I'm gonna give my motm to Gerrard..Thought he was a leader tonight..got stuck in where it was needed...
      Thought the ref had a good game , wavin play on and keepin the game flowing as it should be and not waving Christmas cards round like a dickhead...all in all a good end to a weird 2012..
      all the best everyone !!!..I shall raise my(LARGE)Bacardi n lemo with ice and dash o lime to you all...CHEERS !!

Quick Reply