Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Do you want Wesley here?  Sneijder not Crusher!

Yes
      147 (83.1%)
      No
      30 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 173

Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale)

Read 84844 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale)
      Dec 30, 2012 03:09:54 pm
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2012 03:50:32 pm by Reslivo »
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Re: Wesley Sneijder
      Reply #1: Dec 30, 2012 03:11:19 pm
      How reliable is La Gazzetta?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Dec 30, 2012 03:13:00 pm
      Can't see it happening to be honest, he'll end up at City, United, Chelsea if he comes to England IMO.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #3: Dec 30, 2012 03:13:24 pm
      So he turned down a pay cut from 200k a week and now apparently we have made a bid?

Ok :D
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #4: Dec 30, 2012 03:14:45 pm
      Oh how we laughed at the mancs and their failed pursuit of him.

I wouldn't take him here. Massive wages and no performances of note to match ip them in how many months? Can't remember him doing much in the Euros either. Frozen out at Inter and they can't wait to sell him, and old player. Says a lot really.

EDIT: maybe on loan, but apparently Inter dont want that, only a sale. Would be a good old head to have, but he would be a massive risk finance wise.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #5: Dec 30, 2012 03:15:51 pm
      I would imagine that we have made contact with his agent before launching a bid to discuss his wages - or at least have knowledge of what he is on / would want...

Realistically, 200K could happen if we remove Cole & Downing and pay him their wages combined... However, a bid now and if accepted we could be in talks tomorrow and he arrives on Thursday! I too am a bit dubious, but still - would be amazing!

If Spurs can get VDV then I see no reason we cant get him!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #6: Dec 30, 2012 03:17:00 pm
      I reckon this is just Inter making noises to draw attention to him. I doubt there's much in this.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7: Dec 30, 2012 03:23:27 pm
      I reckon this is just Inter making noises to draw attention to him. I doubt there's much in this.

Totally agree with this mate, there's no way we're paying anyone £200k a week after the culling of the wages we've been through. Also isn't Gerrard on a "top earner" clause or something like that so we'd be giving him a new deal too.... oh that has been mentioned, interesting...

Just kidding, not a chance.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #8: Dec 30, 2012 03:44:00 pm
      Can't see it happening to be honest, he'll end up at City, United, Chelsea if he comes to England IMO.

Agree.

Oh how we laughed at the mancs and their failed pursuit of him.

I wouldn't take him here. Massive wages and no performances of note to match ip them in how many months? Can't remember him doing much in the Euros either. Frozen out at Inter and they can't wait to sell him, and old player. Says a lot really.

EDIT: maybe on loan, but apparently Inter dont want that, only a sale. Would be a good old head to have, but he would be a massive risk finance wise.

I think it might actually be a loan if anything. I recall Brendan saying something about maybe 1-2 loans coming in. But like above, I highly doubt he's coming here if goes to England.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale)
      Reply #9: Dec 30, 2012 06:40:28 pm
      Don't really want him, tbh. Would rather we looked at a younger AM to pursue. Hell, I'd rather Suso and Shelvey start than Sneijder. He's past it, it seems.
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #10: Dec 30, 2012 06:45:18 pm
      would be worth a gamble as a loan, but nothing more.

He's on big money and had more injuries than Darren Anderton's sickly brother
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #11: Dec 30, 2012 07:03:31 pm
      Hahahahaha.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #12: Dec 30, 2012 07:16:57 pm

Is the correct answer
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #13: Dec 30, 2012 08:02:33 pm
      We couldn't find 2 million for Clint Dempsey this must be a wind up.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Dec 30, 2012 08:10:54 pm
      Thanks. I needed a laugh.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #15: Dec 30, 2012 08:35:22 pm
      daily fail say no more bull****
      nohockeynoproblem
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 54 posts |
      Reply #16: Dec 31, 2012 03:23:05 am
      How could you not want him? He's 28, so I guess Skertl and Agger are ready to be put to pasture too, they are 27, Johnson is 28 and man has he looked horrible  :roll:

I think that there are times and ways to work in young players, but if you think that Holtby is going to come in here and set the league on fire you are so wrong. I mean, go out and get a guy like Holtby sure, but with Downing and Cole gone this team needs players who have some experience and know how to dig down and get wins other than Suarez and Gerrard. Sniejder knows how to play under pressure, and there is no position on the field where that is more needed than attacking mid. Hendo did ok today, but he wasn't incisive at all, he didn't play any really key balls or make any plays that broke the defence down, he didn't have to. Jonjo is to young for the spot, and it shows. You need a great player there in BR's system, because that player needs to be your Xabi... who is 32, practically dead on his feet at this point I guess. 

The reason that you can't remember him doing anything is  because he hasn't played since September. This is not a case of a player getting old and losing ability, its a case of a player who signed to play with a certain manager, Mourhinio, who is now gone, and a team that simply cannot afford to pay him. What would be your attitude at work if the boss who you came there to work for got fired, the new boss doesn't have a spot for you because he would rather play anti-football tactics and grind out 1-0 games, and then asks you to take a 50% pay cut to boot?

We can afford him,  moving Cole alone covers half his wages and FSV will pay for top talent, they just won't pay for any more middling talents like Dempsey. Some folks in this thread are going to look pretty silly, he is a top class player and I am praying that he comes here. He has the ability to make the whole team better.

Suarez Sturridge Sterling (mix them however)
                  Sneijder
      Lucas                 Gerrard

That's a real team that at least has some hope of competing for a top 4 spot while bringing along  the youth at a slightly less abusive pace. It's about balancing youth and  experience, but also about not destroying the confidence of young players, which  is happening right now. Did anyone else here Gerrard yelling at Sterling to take on the defence today, instead he passed it out the end of the pitch. He's not the only kid feeling the heat, and thats unfair to them. Liverpool should not be a club that is forced to start teenagers every week.

I am sure the team is all in on this one, if they haven't at least made an offer then I would be calling for heads to roll.

And the Sun has refuted the rumor, so it must be TRUE  ;)
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #17: Dec 31, 2012 05:25:19 am
      Here's Monday's article from Gazzetta:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/30-12-2012/liverpool-united-tottenham-premier-tenta-sneijder--913634960404.shtml

My translation of the most important parts re: LFC---

"L'offerta c'è ed è stata fatta all'entourage del giocatore. Il tutto è successo qualche giorno fa e al momento non è il caso di sbilanciarsi sulla buona riuscita o meno del contatto fra le parti che non è (ammesso che lo sarà) ancora trattativa. Al Liverpool ovviamente non sarebbero garantiti i 6 milioni (con bonus) che percepisce adesso. Però... Il Liverpool avrebbe offerto un contratto di tre anni al giocatore e sarebbe disposto a pagarlo attorno ai 9-10 milioni."

The offer is there, and was made to the player's representatives.  All of this happened a few days ago, and considering that everything is still in negotiation, it's unclear what will happen either way.  Liverpool obviously wouldn't be able to guarantee the 6 million he's getting now.  Liverpool have apparently offered the player a three year contract and would be willing to pay around 9-10 million.

andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #18: Dec 31, 2012 08:22:06 am
      What a load of utter BS
      I don't blame them for wanting shot of him £200k a week for sweet F**k all

NO THANKS WES....
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #19: Dec 31, 2012 09:29:51 am
      not a hope in F***ing hell
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #20: Dec 31, 2012 10:23:46 am
      What is the Italian for 'a load of bollocks' ?
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #21: Dec 31, 2012 11:00:43 am
      What is the Italian for 'a load of bollocks' ?

Gazzetta:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Dec 31, 2012 12:12:21 pm
      :lmao: :lmao:

This is hilarious! It's creating daft scenarios like the one where my uncle (clueless Liverpool supporter) comes round and says "guess who we're signing?!" - for me to then ask and then he says - 'Sneijder' and i then have to laugh at him and say ye whatever. It's just not productive.

Quick Reply