Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Do you want Wesley here?  Sneijder not Crusher!

Yes
      147 (83.1%)
      No
      30 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 173

Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale)

Read 84841 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale)
      Reply #23: Dec 31, 2012 12:17:49 pm
      :lmao: :lmao:

This is hilarious! It's creating daft scenarios like the one where my uncle (clueless Liverpool supporter) comes round and says "guess who we're signing?!" - for me to then ask and then he says - 'Sneijder' and i then have to laugh at him and say ye whatever. It's just not productive.

Nah - its not.. But it is funny!

Personally I cant see it as I said - but would be one hell of a signing...
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #24: Dec 31, 2012 03:13:44 pm
      No chance
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25: Dec 31, 2012 03:38:50 pm
      People saying they don't want him have clearly not watched him play. He is one of the finest players in the world, and would walk into any team in the Premier League. I would be so happy if he signed, but it seems like a pipe dream.
      Bier
      Reply #26: Dec 31, 2012 04:13:58 pm
      People saying they don't want him have clearly not watched him play. He is one of the finest players in the world, and would walk into any team in the Premier League. I would be so happy if he signed, but it seems like a pipe dream.

Or maybe they have been watching him, and know he's been struggling since the 2010 World Cup. Has been overweight, lacking motivation, and has been out with injuries like 10 times since then. I don't think he has alot left in him, mentally or physically.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #27: Dec 31, 2012 04:23:12 pm
      Or maybe they have been watching him, and know he's been struggling since the 2010 World Cup. Has been overweight, lacking motivation, and has been out with injuries like 10 times since then. I don't think he has alot left in him, mentally or physically.

He's overweight now because he's been frozen out of the Inter team because they can't afford him. Last season he was just as good as he ever was. I've watched every Inter game that's been on ESPN for the last few years, trust me he's still got it, just very unfit now most likely due to not ever playing. To question someones mental fortitude is also a little silly don't you think? You don't know what's going on in his head, especially when you see him playing for a team that clearly doesn't want him despite being by far and away the finest talent at Inter, and one of the main reasons they've won anything in the last 5 years.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #28: Dec 31, 2012 04:26:38 pm
      Also

Just looks right to me  :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #29: Dec 31, 2012 05:15:58 pm
      Sneijder plays down £9.5m move to Liverpool as Inter Milan midfielder eyes January exit

By Graeme Yorke

PUBLISHED: 09:31 EST, 31 December 2012 | UPDATED: 09:31 EST, 31 December 2012

Unsettled Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder has moved to dampen speculation linking him with a January move to Liverpool.

Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reported on Sunday that the Reds had made a £9.5million offer for the Dutchman.

Sneijder has been left feeling isolated at the San Siro after snubbing a suggested annual pay cut of £1.6million and then being dropped from the first-team.

But he denied there was any foundation in the story linking him to an Anfield switch when asked about it on Monday, telling a press conference: ‘Again, no truth’.

The 28-year old - who has also attracted interest from Manchester United and Tottenham - reacted furiously to Inter’s proposed salary cut and demanded a move, putting the pressure on the Serie A outfit to sell him for close to the same 15million euro fee they paid Real Madrid in 2009.
      Red alert: How Sneijder would look in Liverpool coloursRed alert: How Sneijder would look in Liverpool colours

‘Clearly it’s best for everyone concerned that in January I am transferred,’ he said defiantly. ‘If that doesn’t happen then I will stay. I have a contract with Inter until 2015.’

Manager Andrea Stramaccioni has since dropped Sneijder from the squad over the bitter dispute.

His wage bill is currently £200,000 per week and Inter will be relieved to offload the financial burden. Liverpool’s coffers, however, are unlikely to be able to stretch to such levels.

Talk of a move to Spurs for the Holland international cooled when his agent told Dutch paper Algemeen Dagblad:

‘There is nothing, absolutely nothing true about that.’

United are also thought to be weighing up a January bid for the former Ajax man.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2255316/Wesley-Sneijder-plays-Liverpool-move.html#ixzz2GeP2zEXF

Bier
      Reply #30: Dec 31, 2012 05:20:16 pm
      He's overweight now because he's been frozen out of the Inter team because they can't afford him. Last season he was just as good as he ever was. I've watched every Inter game that's been on ESPN for the last few years, trust me he's still got it, just very unfit now most likely due to not ever playing. To question someones mental fortitude is also a little silly don't you think? You don't know what's going on in his head, especially when you see him playing for a team that clearly doesn't want him despite being by far and away the finest talent at Inter, and one of the main reasons they've won anything in the last 5 years.
      Last season he was overweight too, surprised you didn't see that then, he's been overweight for 2 years now since his 3 month injury in the 2010/2011 season. He even said so himself. He lost more than 5 kilos in the weeks before Euro 2012 alone, as that was the first thing that really motivated him again to get in shape since the 2010 World Cup. Those are his words too, he's had a hard time motivating himself since the highs of the World Cup and Champions League finals.  So last season he was as good as he ever was, when he was injured for a total of 4 months during the season and played a total of 20 league games, averaging about 65 minutes a game. Ironically, you're probably right, that's probably the best he can still do.

And my opinion isn't based on his current contract situation at Inter, not based on a team that doesn't want him, that wasn't the case this summer and before that when I already had the same opinion. Through the years I've been able to see alot more from him than just games through Dutch media. Believe me, I know he's a natural talent. But I also know he's caught up in the celebrity lifestyle, enjoying life outside football a bit too much. He's also been very reliant on his talent when he was younger, isn't used to consistently having to train as hard as is needed now that he's getting older to be as good as he can be.

I just can't him succeed here, think he'll be a huge risk. Even if he's able to really motivate himself one more time to peak which he probably will try with the 2014 World Cup in mind, I don't think it'll be for long, and I also think that he'll run into injuries more and more often. Which only makes it harder for him to stay in shape.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #31: Dec 31, 2012 05:20:27 pm
      Same as I said in the David Villa thread, if the owners are serious then it's players such as this which get teams on the path to the Champions League. You've only got to look at the difference Van Der Vaart made at Tottenham to see what I mean. Class is permanent.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #32: Dec 31, 2012 05:20:36 pm
      Classic Daily Fail headline. He doesn't say anything about Liverpool ;D

Anyway, dare I say it: Potential Joe Cole MK II to wherever he ends up going?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #33: Dec 31, 2012 05:32:21 pm

Anyway, dare I say it: Potential Joe Cole MK II to wherever he ends up going?

In fairness I was in favour of signing Joe as well  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #34: Dec 31, 2012 05:33:11 pm

?

But he denied there was any foundation in the story linking him to an Anfield switch when asked about it on Monday, telling a press conference: ‘Again, no truth’.

Sounds like he was responding directly to the Liverpool link?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #35: Dec 31, 2012 05:37:16 pm
      ?

Sounds like he was responding directly to the Liverpool link?

Ah I missed that.

In fairness I was in favour of signing Joe as well  :lmao:

haha at least you're consistent mick!
      nohockeynoproblem
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 54 posts |
      Reply #36: Dec 31, 2012 06:56:34 pm
      Headline:

Wesley Sneijder Not Good Enough for Liverpool Fans, Expect Ince to Lead Them Back to Champions League Berth

:lmao:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #37: Jan 01, 2013 02:14:13 pm
      Shocked that this obviously nailed-on signing has yet to be unveiled. :roll:

Clearly expect him to be lining-up at the weekend still.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #38: Jan 01, 2013 02:15:51 pm
      Unless FSG have had a massive change of heart this will not happen.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #39: Jan 01, 2013 05:12:30 pm
      EDIT: maybe on loan, but apparently Inter dont want that, only a sale. Would be a good old head to have, but he would be a massive risk finance wise.

He's only 28, not like we're looking in to getting Jari Litmanen back.

His wages are a huge stumbling block though, unless we can shift the likes of Joe Cole or Downing.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #40: Jan 01, 2013 06:26:01 pm
      He's only 28, not like we're looking in to getting Jari Litmanen back.

His wages are a huge stumbling block though, unless we can shift the likes of Joe Cole or Downing.

Didn't realise he was 28. He is the type of player we need, a number 10 but I don't think he is the player we need if you get me.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #41: Jan 01, 2013 06:34:16 pm
      Didn't realise he was 28. He is the type of player we need, a number 10 but I don't think he is the player we need if you get me.

More chance of platting piss
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 01, 2013 06:58:56 pm
      Please.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #43: Jan 01, 2013 07:08:24 pm

Great insight into the discussion there mate :D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #44: Jan 01, 2013 07:43:19 pm
      Yes.

Ha.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #45: Jan 01, 2013 10:31:49 pm
      Would love this deal to happen but we all know it wont, the owners are only interested in young players will sell on value.

Quick Reply