Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Thomas Ince (Blackpool)

Read 43886 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Thomas Ince (Blackpool)
      Jan 02, 2013 02:49:38 pm
      Surprised we don't have a thread for Ince.

I'm not going to go and find all the old articles linking him with us. But, the Metro has a new one today:

Ince’s Liverpool move in doubt as Blackpool deny new bid
      Tom Ince has been linked with a return to Blackpool Liverpool appear to have cooled their interest in Tom Ince after Blackpool boss Michael Appleton revealed there have been no new offers for the England U21 winger.

Liverpool want to bring the 20-year-old back after initially letting him go 18 months ago for just £250,000.

The England Under-21 international has flourished in the Championship, bagging 13 goals this season and Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is willing to pay up to £6million to add him to a new-look attacking force at Anfield that is likely to also include Chelsea’s Daniel Sturridge alongside star striker Luis Suarez.

But Appleton insists there is as yet no new offer on the table from the Premier League side and is even confident the son of former England and Liverpool midfielder Paul Ince will be in the Blackpool side to face Fulham in the FA Cup on Saturday.

‘We have not heard anything since an initial Liverpool approach a couple of weeks ago,’ he said.

‘As far as I am aware Thomas will have a day off (Wednesday) like everyone else and come back to prepare for the next game with us.’

Sturridge’s move to Merseyside looks to be more certain, however, with Liverpool and Chelsea agreeing a £12m fee for the 23-year-old before Christmas, although it was unlikely the deal can be completed before Liverpool’s game against Sunderland on Wednesday.

Capped four times by England, Sturridge, has netted 24 since arriving  from Manchester City in 2009 while also enjoying a successful loan spell at Bolton in the 2010/11 season,  when he netted eight times in 12 games.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/02/inces-liverpool-move-in-doubt-as-blackpool-deny-new-bid-3335256/

Obviously, it's the Metro so take it for what it's worth.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Thomas Ince (Blackpool)
      Reply #1: Jan 02, 2013 02:53:26 pm
      If the fees mentioned are true (around £4M due to a clause on his contract), then I really hope this happens. He is a proper footballer in my eyes.

Also, I hope to hear "Ince... Ince will tear you apart... again" in Anfield :P
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 02, 2013 02:57:25 pm
      How long does he have left in his contract there?

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #3: Jan 02, 2013 03:42:09 pm
      How long does he have left in his contract there?

I stand to be corrected , but I think he signed for 2 years ,,18 months ago, so I think his contract end in the summer
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: Jan 02, 2013 04:05:39 pm
      It seems clear that Blackpool are saying, no we want our £6m despite your sell on clause and we've said. Nope, £6m is the open market price (because nobody else is bidding higher!) so take it or leave it, quite a carrot for a club like Blackpool and I'd be very surprised if they can resist that kind of money come the end of the window.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5: Jan 02, 2013 04:26:01 pm
      It seems clear that Blackpool are saying, no we want our £6m despite your sell on clause and we've said. Nope, £6m is the open market price (because nobody else is bidding higher!) so take it or leave it
      I'm a bit confused Luke - is the suggestion that we may have offered £3.9m (equivalent to £6m if we have a 35% sell on clause) but Blackpool want £6m (equivalent to £9.23m if we have a 35% sell on clause)?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #6: Jan 02, 2013 04:32:06 pm
      I'm a bit confused Luke - is the suggestion that we may have offered £3.9m (equivalent to £6m if we have a 35% sell on clause) but Blackpool want £6m (equivalent to £9.23m if we have a 35% sell on clause)?

Beat me to it Bubby - I'm struggling a bit to get to the truth in this one as what reports there are conflict.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #7: Jan 02, 2013 04:36:41 pm

I believe that is what is being suggested, and I find it hard to believe that anyone will be willing to pay 9M+ for a lad with less than 6 months to run on his current deal....   Also, the rumors are that we are his preferred destination, likely due to BR's willingness to play young players like Sterling, Suso, Wisdom, etc.  Therefore, I believe that we will likely stand firm on our valuation because Blackpool will not want to lose him for free in the summer.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #8: Jan 02, 2013 04:41:52 pm
      All gone abit quiet on this front it seems.

Oyston is always a c**t with transfers though. Was the same during the Adam saga.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #9: Jan 02, 2013 04:42:15 pm
      Blackpool play hard ball... But to be honest, there is better out there for £10 Million, a lot better..!

No one else is in for him, so we can get him for nothing in the summer if needed - but I think he will be forced to put in a transfer request to push this through. Would like him here, but lets not have our pants pulled down in the process..!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Jan 02, 2013 04:45:40 pm

That would appear to be the case Bubby.  If they accept £6m off another Club they still only get the £4m due to our % sell on clause.

I'll be pi**ed if we if we miss out on a player again for the sake of a bit more money but hopefully if that's their stance, we just agree a pre contract with the player to come in the summer for free.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #11: Jan 02, 2013 04:46:53 pm
      If his "heart is set" on returning to the Merseyside, just splash the cash right now on Kevin Gameiro and snatch him for free in the summer, unless Tottenham come sniffing around as usual..
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #12: Jan 02, 2013 04:48:37 pm
      I find it hard to believe that anyone will be willing to pay 9M+ for a lad with less than 6 months to run on his current deal....

I would have to agree Harry.

So I can't quite fathom why Blackpool would have turned down £3.9m if, indeed, that's how much we have offered. To be honest I haven't seen any figures mentioned, other than on here (I don't do 'news' papers) but I did read that Michael Appleton had said our offer was some way short. Interesting...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #13: Jan 02, 2013 04:51:06 pm

So I can't quite fathom why Blackpool would have turned down £3.9m if, indeed, that's how much we have offered. To be honest I haven't seen any figures mentioned, other than on here (I don't do 'news' papers) but I did read that Michael Appleton had said our offer was some way short. Interesting...

I've a hunch we may have offered a player or two on loan
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #14: Jan 02, 2013 04:55:34 pm

Aye on reflection mate, we probably offered a pittance, hence the rumours of Nuri being sent back to Madrid to make up the extra £3m we need to pay for him.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #15: Jan 02, 2013 04:56:45 pm
      We have a deal that we get something like 35% of the transfer fee of Ince if he leaves Blackpool. I assume this works even if it's us who's buying him?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Jan 02, 2013 05:01:35 pm
      We have a deal that we get something like 35% of the transfer fee of Ince if he leaves Blackpool. I assume this works even if it's us who's buying him?

Correct mate.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #17: Jan 02, 2013 05:06:04 pm

Knowing our luck we will outbid ourselves !!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18: Jan 02, 2013 05:14:27 pm
      Knowing our luck we will outbid ourselves !!

Haha, very good. Cheers for clearing that up Debs :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19: Jan 02, 2013 05:22:21 pm
      hence the rumours of Nuri being sent back to Madrid to make up the extra £3m we need to pay for him.

What the... ?!

How the heck did I miss that titbit of outrageous (I hope) but juicy gossip?  ???
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20: Jan 02, 2013 05:23:43 pm

Yeah exactly right mate, as if they're trying to negate the sell on clause completely which in my book is taking the piss. I very much doubt they're going to find an open market bidder above £6m (genuine, but I wouldn't put it past the Manc's coming in to interfere with this to piss us off).

It's almost as if they're saying, we realise your advantage in these negotiations, to use it you're going to have to bid the £9m+, no wonder we've backed off. They had a little play with us with the Charlie Adam transfer and it seems they want to play more games, hopefully we've learned all about them and just let them stew, because in truth for a team like Blackpool, not many people come knocking with £4m for one of theirs, especially after such a short time.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #21: Jan 02, 2013 05:43:46 pm
      What the... ?!

How the heck did I miss that titbit of outrageous (I hope) but juicy gossip?  ???

It's in his player thread mate.  Apparently we're looking at cancelling the loan deal to save the £3m we would pay in wages till the end of the season.  In fact I think there's a separate thread for it.

The "rumour" started around the time the Ince deal stalled so ......
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #22: Jan 02, 2013 06:01:29 pm
      All gone abit quiet on this front it seems.

Oyston is always a c**t with transfers though. Was the same during the Adam saga.

He was. Pissed me off no end during that saga.

Saying Adam deserved to play at a big club then bitching and moaning when a big club makes an offer.

If it's the same this time I'd rather we left it to be honest.

Quick Reply