Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Thomas Ince (Blackpool)

Read 43889 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Thomas Ince (Blackpool)
      Reply #23: Jan 02, 2013 06:02:46 pm
      What the... ?!

How the heck did I miss that titbit of outrageous (I hope) but juicy gossip?  ???

Surprised you missed that one mouse.

I had a good moan about it the other day.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #24: Jan 02, 2013 06:13:36 pm
      We have a deal that we get something like 35% of the transfer fee of Ince if he leaves Blackpool. I assume this works even if it's us who's buying him?

So This means If blackpool wants to cash 6M, we have to offer 9m app.
        And if anoher club offers 6 LIVERPOOL gets 2M app,of that and blackpool cash only 4M,   so why dont they accept our 3.9M mentioned  and the 2 clubs are square,
       After all they make a profit of over 3M in 18 months,, This is reminding me of the Adam saga  with these
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #25: Jan 02, 2013 07:09:36 pm
      Getting kind of tired of this player and his father; seems everything is drama when this guy is concerned, perhaps in the haul its better just to say goodbye to him for good.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #26: Jan 02, 2013 07:14:05 pm
      Getting kind of tired of this player and his father; seems everything is drama when this guy is concerned, perhaps in the haul its better just to say goodbye to him for good.

From what I have been reading it's Blackpool causing the hold-up with their valuation of the player.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #27: Jan 02, 2013 07:15:48 pm
      From what I have been reading it's Blackpool causing the hold-up with their valuation of the player.

I know H2H, like I said everything I have read on him the past 2 years there is some kind of hold-up or issue, be it club or family there always seems to be something.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #28: Jan 02, 2013 07:16:55 pm
      If his "heart is set" on returning to the Merseyside, just splash the cash right now on Kevin Gameiro and snatch him for free in the summer, unless Tottenham come sniffing around as usual..

I think those horrible cu*ts have got other fish to fry. They are being strongly linked with Lewis Holtby.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #29: Jan 02, 2013 07:18:00 pm
      I know H2H, like I said everything I have read on him the past 2 years there is some kind of hold-up or issue, be it club or family there always seems to be something.

Yes, there does. Dealing with Blackpool seems to cause problems too. Some clubs are just difficult to deal with.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #30: Jan 02, 2013 07:19:02 pm
      Yeah they are more than willing to take our players but are total dicks about us wanting theirs.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #31: Jan 02, 2013 07:21:11 pm
      I say we play hardball over the fee and get for free in the Summer if Blackpool won't budge.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32: Jan 02, 2013 07:26:26 pm
      I say we play hardball over the fee and get for free in the Summer if Blackpool won't budge.

Do you think he'd come to us in the Summer though, considering we're cracking down on contract offers and we would lose our only bargaining chip (35%) not forcing the transfer now.

While I think we hold all the cards at this stage, leaving it until the Summer might see him slip from our grasp, having said that I certainly wouldn't assume our position over the barrel that they're trying to shove us, so a game of chicken it is.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33: Jan 02, 2013 07:31:10 pm
      Do you think he'd come to us in the Summer though, considering we're cracking down on contract offers and we would lose our only bargaining chip (35%) not forcing the transfer now.

While I think we hold all the cards at this stage, leaving it until the Summer might see him slip from our grasp, having said that I certainly wouldn't assume our position over the barrel that they're trying to shove us, so a game of chicken it is.

If he's available on a free in the summer we can tie the deal up now on a pre contract, surely.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #34: Jan 02, 2013 07:31:54 pm

I'd like to think he would come to us in the Summer, but anything could happen and he might have his head turned by another club and possibly a better contract. I think Blackpool are just being awkward if the reports are to be believed and it's therefore as you say, a stalemate until something gives.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #35: Jan 02, 2013 07:33:02 pm
      If he's available on a free in the summer we can tie the deal up now on a pre contract, surely.

As far as I know, you can only do pre-contract deals with players from abroad.
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #36: Jan 02, 2013 07:33:28 pm
      i think the talks are at a pretty advanced stage now and it's only a matter of time until he signs. The 34% clauses also makes it an OK deal....although it's disapointing that nowone at the club spotted his potential 18 months ago
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37: Jan 02, 2013 07:35:58 pm
      As far as I know, you can only do pre-contract deals with players from abroad.

Ah right, that makes sense then.  Still nothing to stop us telling him to hang fire till the summer though  ;)
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #38: Jan 02, 2013 07:38:05 pm

How come that is a bargaining chip?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #39: Jan 02, 2013 07:47:29 pm
      I really hope we get him. He's a proper footballer. I rate this lad over Zaha. Zaha is a very good player too, but he doesn't offer the goals that Ince does. I'd pay 6ish million for him.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40: Jan 02, 2013 10:27:45 pm
      Must admit i'm struggling to get excited about this one. I've trawled through some youtube clips of the lad since he went to Blackpool and whilst he's done alright I'm not convinced. I still think there's better value out there. Players like Arda Turan could be had for less money I reckon. He looks a good young player but i'm wondering where he fits in? If Downing is now staying put and in the manager's long term plans, we've got Suso who is a left footer and we've just signed Strurridge who (I believe) will play wide right much of the time so I wonder how much playing tme Ince would get?

Unless Br is hoping we ge ta bid for Downing in the next few weeks.

Thomas Ince vs Blackburn | 15.12.12 | HD

Tom Ince vs Birmingham City - Playoff 2nd Leg HD

Tom Ince | Goals & Assists | 2012/13 | HD

« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013 10:40:20 pm by Scottbot »
      nohockeynoproblem
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 54 posts |
      Reply #41: Jan 02, 2013 11:06:26 pm
      There is no question he has shown quality this year, but I totally disagree with the team splashing out even 4m on him right now when he could just as well walk on us yet again this summer. And I don't think that another 20 yo is what this team needs right now whatever his form may be. I would rather the club use that money for someone more experienced and if he really does have his heart set on returning here we can nab him on a free this summer.

The priorities now should be a young LB and an experienced central attacking mid.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #42: Jan 03, 2013 12:07:40 am
      For the right price, I am fine with bringing him in. We need wingers, but then again we really need proven ones. Wouldn't be upset with this signing at all though.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #43: Jan 03, 2013 10:38:26 am
      How come that is a bargaining chip?

Totally missed that yesterday sorry indlfc, it's a bargaining chip because we can effectively bid above any other club and still manage to pay less. Therefore if they are only bidding what is the true market value we have a obvious advantage at this stage, which of course will be lost in the Summer when his contract runs out and therefore so does our clause. The trick being to know when they begin to bid above market value and not to be simply pushed higher than we are willing to pay, that I'd have to leave to the "experts"
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 03, 2013 10:52:06 am
      Totally missed that yesterday sorry indlfc, it's a bargaining chip because we can effectively bid above any other club and still manage to pay less. Therefore if they are only bidding what is the true market value we have a obvious advantage at this stage, which of course will be lost in the Summer when his contract runs out and therefore so does our clause. The trick being to know when they begin to bid above market value and not to be simply pushed higher than we are willing to pay, that I'd have to leave to the "experts"
      Good point.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #45: Jan 03, 2013 01:07:44 pm
      Agree with nohockeynoproblem(tw*t of a name mate) leave it til the end
      of the season & get him back for nothing. F**k Blackpool..

Quick Reply