Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 506366 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #1334: May 08, 2014 07:13:29 pm
      His goal against Crystal Palace has gone down as an own goal - f**king madness!!
      Ironic that. Been given as a Delaney own goal yet their first goal took an even bigger deflection and has been awarded to, you guessed it, Delaney.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1335: May 08, 2014 07:31:57 pm
      How can that possibly go down as an own goal?! Would be record number of own goals set throughout a season if they start doing it for these types of deflections. Yet Suarez was given a goal even after a massive deflection earlier in the season. Should try and appeal it.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1336: May 08, 2014 07:33:53 pm
      My minds gone blank since the game, I've genuinely got a blank over lots of the match which isn't normally like me

Was the shot on target? That's normally the rule of thumb
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1337: May 08, 2014 07:35:37 pm
      My minds gone blank since the game, I've genuinely got a blank over lots of the match which isn't normally like me

Was the shot on target? That's normally the rule of thumb

Pretty sure it was on target, was barely any deflection at all from what I remember
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1338: May 08, 2014 07:43:54 pm
      Pretty sure it was on target, was barely any deflection at all from what I remember

I don't remember it deflecting much either mate, normally I have a very clear memory of games but I think my subconscious is blocking out pain from the game  :)

Generally though if the original shot is on target they don't take the goal from the striker

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1339: May 09, 2014 03:30:19 am
      I remember the replays from in front of the goal and it looked to be going wide by a couple yards.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1340: May 09, 2014 02:09:06 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzNi7W_6HBk

How the F**k that has been given as an own goal i do not know!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #1341: May 09, 2014 02:17:04 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzNi7W_6HBk

How the f**k that has been given as an own goal i do not know!

Case could be made it was going to go wide if not redirected.

Still....anytime someone shoots and it's deflected without intention I personally think it should be awarded. It's not like the defender had any intent to deflect it. If you can shoot hard enough off of someone for it to deflect and go in you should get the goal in my book.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #1342: May 12, 2014 09:29:25 pm
      Class statements from Danny....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9308935/premier-league-daniel-sturridge-apologises-to-liverpool-fans-for-failing-to-win-title

Daniel Sturridge has apologised to Liverpool fans for failing to win the Premier League this season but assured them he expects to challenge for the title again.

The Reds had destiny in their own hands until a 2-0 home defeat to Chelsea last month which handed the initiative to Manchester City, who clinched their second title in three years by beating West Ham on Sunday.

"We're all hungry for success and the fans deserve success. They've given us great support from the first minute to the last and I apologise to them for not winning the Premier League."

However, second place still represents success for Liverpool, having come from seventh last season, as it secured a return to the UEFA Champions League.

Although Sturridge knows it could have been so much better, he also believes this campaign will not be a flash in the pan.

"I know we set the target of reaching the Champions League but I can't stand here and say I'm happy. I am gutted," said the England striker.

"I know we've gone from seventh to second but I am never happy coming second no matter what I'm playing, whether it's table tennis, cricket or whatever, I don't like losing.

"We're all hungry for success and the fans deserve success. They've given us great support from the first minute to the last and I apologise to them for not winning the Premier League.

"I'll do everything in my power, just like my team-mates will, to try to ensure we do that for them next season. I believe we can.

"People can make excuses about how we had an advantage because we weren't in Europe this season but I know we will be contenders again next season.

"We will take the positives from this season and learn from the negatives. This experience will stand us in good stead for next season. I believe we will challenge.

"Next season will be a big year for us and we're looking forward to that already."

After 21 goals this season it was no surprise to see Sturridge selected in Roy Hodgson's World Cup squad and the 24-year-old hopes to be able to take his good form to Brazil.

"It's a very big summer ahead," he said. "I'm really looking forward to going to Brazil and trying to do well. I'm hungry to do well. I want to bring England some success."
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1343: May 12, 2014 09:39:31 pm
      Class statements from Danny....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9308935/premier-league-daniel-sturridge-apologises-to-liverpool-fans-for-failing-to-win-title

Daniel Sturridge has apologised to Liverpool fans for failing to win the Premier League this season but assured them he expects to challenge for the title again.

The Reds had destiny in their own hands until a 2-0 home defeat to Chelsea last month which handed the initiative to Manchester City, who clinched their second title in three years by beating West Ham on Sunday.

"We're all hungry for success and the fans deserve success. They've given us great support from the first minute to the last and I apologise to them for not winning the Premier League."

However, second place still represents success for Liverpool, having come from seventh last season, as it secured a return to the UEFA Champions League.

Although Sturridge knows it could have been so much better, he also believes this campaign will not be a flash in the pan.

"I know we set the target of reaching the Champions League but I can't stand here and say I'm happy. I am gutted," said the England striker.

"I know we've gone from seventh to second but I am never happy coming second no matter what I'm playing, whether it's table tennis, cricket or whatever, I don't like losing.

"We're all hungry for success and the fans deserve success. They've given us great support from the first minute to the last and I apologise to them for not winning the Premier League.

"I'll do everything in my power, just like my team-mates will, to try to ensure we do that for them next season. I believe we can.

"People can make excuses about how we had an advantage because we weren't in Europe this season but I know we will be contenders again next season.

"We will take the positives from this season and learn from the negatives. This experience will stand us in good stead for next season. I believe we will challenge.

"Next season will be a big year for us and we're looking forward to that already."

After 21 goals this season it was no surprise to see Sturridge selected in Roy Hodgson's World Cup squad and the 24-year-old hopes to be able to take his good form to Brazil.

"It's a very big summer ahead," he said. "I'm really looking forward to going to Brazil and trying to do well. I'm hungry to do well. I want to bring England some success."

It's a class gesture, but Daniel Sturridge doesn't need to apologize for a single thing. He was F***ing brilliant.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6834 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1344: May 12, 2014 11:58:55 pm
      On ya Danny. I hope you stay fit and healthy as I can see you banging in 30+ goals next season.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1345: May 13, 2014 12:09:27 am
      On ya Danny. I hope you stay fit and healthy as I can see you banging in 30+ goals next season.

Quietly slipped under the radar hasn't he mate. Of course the bookies wont miss it but if he has a full season without injury I see no reason other than Suarez why he wouldn't be top goalscorer in this league.

People will say Aguero but his hamstrings are giving up on him it seems. A world cup on the back of those recurring injuries and I'd be very surprised if he can managed to make more than 70% of their games next season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6834 
      Reply #1346: May 13, 2014 12:15:45 am
      Quietly slipped under the radar hasn't he mate. Of course the bookies wont miss it but if he has a full season without injury I see no reason other than Suarez why he wouldn't be top goalscorer in this league.

People will say Aguero but his hamstrings are giving up on him it seems. A world cup on the back of those recurring injuries and I'd be very surprised if he can managed to make more than 70% of their games next season.

Aquero too injury prone for me mate, let's hope it stay that way and both our lads play most parts of every game next season and smash the 35+ mark each. The lads have it in them, of that I have no doubt.  Think someone posted Danny was 8\1 for Top scorer next season, not a bad bet that.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1347: May 13, 2014 12:20:38 am
      Aquero too injury prone for me mate, let's hope it stay that way and both our lads play most parts of every game next season and smash the 35+ mark each. The lads have it in them, of that I have no doubt.  Think someone posted Danny was 8\1 for Top scorer next season, not a bad bet that.

Yep 8/1 with Hills

7/4 Luis
      5/2 Aguero
      7/2 Van Elbows
      8/1 Studge
      12/1 Granny Shagger
      16/1 I love me who, do you love? (Giroud) to be fair he did a decent gesture this year so we'll let him off.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6834 
      Reply #1348: May 13, 2014 01:13:18 am
      Yep 8/1 with Hills

7/4 Luis
      5/2 Aguero
      7/2 Van Elbows
      8/1 Studge
      12/1 Granny Shagger
      16/1 I love me who, do you love? (Giroud) to be fair he did a decent gesture this year so we'll let him off.

Juicy odds for Danny......mmmmm Danny into Liverpool winning the league?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1349: May 13, 2014 01:04:52 pm
      Delighted with his attitude sayin hes never happy with coming 2nd and will do all he can to win it next year
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,932 posts | 977 
      Reply #1350: May 30, 2014 08:37:37 pm
      Studge scored a beauty in the friendly just now!!  Nice little curler into the far post top corner. 
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1351: May 30, 2014 08:42:30 pm
      What a beauty
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1352: May 30, 2014 08:44:19 pm
      1-0 Sturridge, takes me back to the start of the season that does !
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #1353: May 30, 2014 09:14:52 pm
      1-0 Sturridge, takes me back to the start of the season that does !
      Don't need to go too far back mate, I recall him scoring against West Ham and Newcastle (and Palace, even though they somehow saw it as an own goal) :D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1354: May 30, 2014 09:22:06 pm
      I meant the first 3 games specifically!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #1355: May 30, 2014 09:55:16 pm
      I meant the first 3 games specifically!
      Goals is goals.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1356: May 31, 2014 02:24:07 pm
      Sturridge was the only player in the England squad that could make a goal from nothing yesterday. He's priceless now

Quick Reply