Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 495797 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #1909: Feb 15, 2015 02:53:42 pm
      That dinosaur Hodgson is already talking about how he's looking forward to calling up Danny again now he's fit, he's got some cheek that old b***ard.

Tell him to swivel Danny lad, we've got trophies to win.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1910: Feb 15, 2015 07:37:18 pm
      That dinosaur Hodgson is already talking about how he's looking forward to calling up Danny again now he's fit, he's got some cheek that old b***ard.

I honestly wanna stab the old owl with rusty 1/2 inch nails till he leaves this material world behind.

They take Danny, they break him, they go 'oops', the club has to nurture him back into playing form, then the circle is repeated once more. The old fucktard admitted to play him injured on a friendly FFS.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 735 
      Reply #1911: Feb 15, 2015 10:55:33 pm
      That finish against palace was really good.

The media obsession with Harry Kane aka "The new Alan Shearer" aka "Future England No.9" aka "Dead cert starter for England" aka "Future England CAPTAIN" is really annoying when we have a great striker already.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1912: Feb 15, 2015 11:00:51 pm
      That finish against palace was really good.

The media obsession with Harry Kane aka "The new Alan Shearer" aka "Future England No.9" aka "Dead cert starter for England" aka "Future England CAPTAIN" is really annoying when we have a great striker already.

It's because Harry Kane is your typical white alpha male classic English footballer. Hence the reason why Rooney continues to get more column inches and attention by that fart Hodgson than Sturridge who is without doubt the most technically gifted and talented English striker of the last 25 years.

Ok, I'll admit that it's a big accusation to make to imply that there is a (unconscious) racist agenda that drives media opinion but I think it's worth taking into consideration given the still out of date institutions, media/fan attitudes and dinosaurs that continue to cripple the national game.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1913: Feb 16, 2015 07:26:22 am

Hopefully he calls Danny Ings by mistake.  :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1914: Feb 16, 2015 08:35:55 pm
      Sheer class this guy! Can see him getting plenty of goals and going on to become our top scorer this season.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 735 
      Reply #1915: Feb 17, 2015 11:28:45 am
      saw this on the daily mail website ;D

its basically kane and rooney for england
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1916: Feb 17, 2015 01:52:11 pm
      saw this on the daily mail website ;D

its basically kane and rooney for england

Um, are they really comparing Kane to Messi? rofl

Should be Kane vs Ings!!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1917: Feb 22, 2015 09:35:09 pm
      Am I the only one who thought his attitude on pitch was stinking today. He had a "I'm better than this" look on his face the entire time. I thought it was quite uncomfortable at times.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1918: Feb 22, 2015 09:51:45 pm
      Am I the only one who thought his attitude on pitch was stinking today. He had a "I'm better than this" look on his face the entire time. I thought it was quite uncomfortable at times.

Are you trained in some sort of face reading interpretation?

He looked like he always does, huge ego and a bit of a greedy bugger like most forwards.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1919: Feb 22, 2015 10:23:51 pm
      Are you trained in some sort of face reading interpretation?

He looked like he always does, huge ego and a bit of a greedy bugger like most forwards.

Actually... yes but that's besides the point.

I don't know, maybe he just looked more pissed off because of the rain.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1920: Feb 22, 2015 11:08:32 pm

I didn't notice anything unusual Mags but only seen the highlights.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,387 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1921: Feb 22, 2015 11:10:31 pm
      Doesn't like a pass now that he's the 'main man' does he?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1922: Feb 22, 2015 11:11:43 pm
      Doesn't like a pass now that he's the 'main man' does he?

I'd much rather he stayed greedy and kept his scoring record for us.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1923: Feb 23, 2015 01:24:06 am
      Again a couple of situations he found himself in where the pass was a better option but he went for the shot or solo dribble.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1924: Feb 23, 2015 01:49:57 am
      Again a couple of situations he found himself in where the pass was a better option but he went for the shot or solo dribble.

Absolutely, although, he has always been like that, hasn't he?

It's frustrating to see these poor decisions being made countless of times. If he wants to be considered world class, he needs to have better awareness and more often than not, make the right decisions in that final third. The other striking part of his game is exceptional, from shooting to movement, but once he irons out his creases, he can be world class!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1925: Feb 23, 2015 01:19:44 pm
      think he's so desperate to make up for lost time that he's not looking up in the box and just wanting to score which is fair enough as long as we win, will be interesting to see if BR starts him and ballo together to see if they form a partnership as there always on social media saying they would work.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1926: Feb 23, 2015 02:33:27 pm
      ;D I eagerly anticipated his comeback but i forgot how selfish this cheeky b***ard is :D he reminded me on sunday.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1927: Feb 24, 2015 10:34:57 pm
      Anyone else slightly perturbed by how selfish Sturridge has been at times since his return?

I know he's always had a bit of that it him and all good goal scorers do, but my worry is that he doesn't have the curbing influence of Suarez anymore - many times Suarez would have a go at Sturridge for not bringing others into play and that I felt kept that element of Sturridges game in check. I just hope the likes of Sterling and Cou feel emboldened enough to challenge Sturridge, he like everyone else has to play for the team
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1928: Feb 25, 2015 12:03:27 am
      Anyone else slightly perturbed by how selfish Sturridge has been at times since his return?

I know he's always had a bit of that it him and all good goal scorers do, but my worry is that he doesn't have the curbing influence of Suarez anymore - many times Suarez would have a go at Sturridge for not bringing others into play and that I felt kept that element of Sturridges game in check. I just hope the likes of Sterling and Cou feel emboldened enough to challenge Sturridge, he like everyone else has to play for the team

Think you are looking into something of nothing. He's a goal scorer and has already bagged a couple since his return as well as been denied by the woodwork and some great saves, especially against Spurs. Had he had that little more luck you wouldn't be saying this IMO.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1929: Feb 25, 2015 01:28:27 am
      Think you are looking into something of nothing. He's a goal scorer and has already bagged a couple since his return as well as been denied by the woodwork and some great saves, especially against Spurs. Had he had that little more luck you wouldn't be saying this IMO.

To the same extent there would be more scrutiny if results hadn't went out way.....
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1930: Feb 25, 2015 08:03:27 am

It's what strikers do, look at Raheem when he was playing up top by himself on numerous occasions he has had opportunities to square easy balls to players in better positions instead he has decided to go for goal!

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1931: Feb 25, 2015 09:49:44 am
      He's a striker that's missed most of the season due to injury.  A season that I bet he was relishing being a major part of after last seasons efforts so he's doing what comes naturally to him which is try to score goals.  I'm sure when he's back to his best and the rest of the team get to grips with how he plays he'll, become more of a team player again.

Quick Reply