Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 495879 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #1955: Mar 04, 2015 10:48:15 pm
      That's three goals already for Studge, all superb finishes as well, not a bad return for a player who is effectively in pre-season as far as his fitness and touch goes. I suspect we won't see the best of him for another 4-5 games but it's great to have him back. There is a lot of speculative nonsense in this thread with regards to his mental state. I don't really have any idea what everyone is going on about on that front.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1956: Mar 04, 2015 10:57:14 pm
      There is no doubt that Studge is in a pre season stage of form bearing in mind his injury ravaged season.
      You can almost see he is still tentative in his approach play.

Goes to show the players you think are the most arrogant/confident are only human at the end of the day and can still have self doubts after such a season as he has had.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1957: Mar 05, 2015 01:08:51 am
      I honestly don't think there is an iota of mental issues. Its just periodization.
      We train in a particular way before the season for optimal fitness during it. If one has a long layout that work is undone, and even while he is fit to play he has several weeks to go to peak fitness.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1958: Mar 05, 2015 12:54:47 pm
      scored job done!
      and people said he's done or not the same player still gets into the right positions and yes he may hold onto it a little to long but that's just the way he is. next season 25 goals easily  no danger.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1959: Mar 23, 2015 01:14:04 pm
      Just read that Sturridge is injured and withdrawn from the England team. Hope it's nothing serious.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1960: Mar 24, 2015 09:49:49 am
      Just read that Sturridge is injured and withdrawn from the England team. Hope it's nothing serious.

Let's hope it's a 'F**k off Engerland' message with the heart being ripped out of the team with suspensions and injuries.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1961: Mar 24, 2015 11:48:46 am
      It's a different injury from the one that kept him out for so long, so that's good news.

I reckon he will be back for Arsenal.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1962: Mar 24, 2015 12:58:05 pm
      Probably BR being over causious due to his track record with England and injuries. i'm sure he will be back intime for our league game
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1963: Mar 24, 2015 11:40:16 pm
      Took his goal well. Although we lost, a goal will help his confidence seeing as he hasn't had much luck in front of goal lately.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1964: Mar 25, 2015 12:43:28 pm
      scored another goal slowely ticking along getting the goals once he's had a good summer rest we will have him back firing on all cylinders next season i'm sure.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1965: Mar 26, 2015 10:40:14 pm
      So....... there's talk that he's out for a month, can anyone confirm this?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1966: Mar 26, 2015 10:54:10 pm
      So....... there's talk that he's out for a month, can anyone confirm this?

Might be sort of a blessing in disguise, it's no coincidence we have been a lot less threatening up front since his return.
      I would have thought by now he would be back to full fitness but he just does not seem like the Daniel of old, he can't beat a player for pace, doesn't run the channels stretching defenders out of position.

I hope it's a mental thing and his injury has not had a permanent effect of robbing him of that acceleration that frightened defenders to death.

Also confirms the need for another top class striker as he can not be relied on to play a handful of games never mind a full season.

Edit : The Mirror reporting this, best to wait until the club confirm anything but my post still stands.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1967: Mar 27, 2015 06:51:51 am
      Might be sort of a blessing in disguise, it's no coincidence we have been a lot less threatening up front since his return.  I hope it's a mental thing and his injury has not had a permanent effect of robbing him of that acceleration that frightened defenders to death.

It has to be something mental as the problem hasn't been only his pace but also his decision making.  He has suddenly reverted back to that "selfish" Sturridge that some people feared he would turn out to be when we first signed him.  I haven't seen much of that since he has been here but when he's played he has really just been making some poor decisions, taking pointless shots etc.  that is what is worrying.

But to be honest I'm not too bothered as I was hoping to see Sterling as striker again soon anyway.  If Sturridge had continued to play poorly I think it would even have been worth it to have Sterling play striker and have Sturridge on the bench.  Now that Daniel is out anyway hopefully we will see Sterling get a chance to play through the middle again.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1782 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1968: Mar 27, 2015 07:59:29 am
      tear in the thigh now !  :-(
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1969: Mar 27, 2015 08:08:23 am
      Out for a month......great.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #1970: Mar 27, 2015 08:13:04 am
      It's getting to the point we can't count on him. He's basically lost for the rest of this season because even if he's back in a month, he'll be out of shape and not up to speed.

Sure hope Raheem can be healthy for our run in to the end or we are in BIG trouble.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1971: Mar 27, 2015 08:19:47 am
      It's getting to the point we can't count on him.

I think we've already passed that point, don't you?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1782 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1972: Mar 27, 2015 09:10:21 am
      He was just getting back up to speed as well. :-(

Its wario & luigi time. ;D.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1973: Mar 27, 2015 10:06:49 am
      Oh well, nice of studge to pop by and say hello, hopefully a summer break will do him the world of good.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1974: Mar 27, 2015 10:16:51 am
      The New Harry Kewell
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1975: Mar 27, 2015 11:11:17 am
      It's a shame because, despite not being at his best and some poor decision making, he was scoring...which is more than we can say for the other strikers.

It does mean that added preassure for Sterling now, something he handled well earlier in the season. If he moves up and scores 6 or 7 goals until end of season, then I'd say he's earned his 150k contract. If Danny's on that whilst sitting on a physio's desk, then Sterling is certainly up there.

I will say however, that we shouldn't write off Danny, he's one of the most natural striker's in the prem and we gotta give him support and hope h gets over whatever mental blockages he has and the persistent injuries he's getting. He has a lot to offer once he's fit again.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #1976: Mar 27, 2015 12:24:27 pm
      Raheem will want his wages as well now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1977: Mar 27, 2015 02:38:56 pm
      The new £150k contract not looking too clever now. Esp with his past track record!

Quick Reply