Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 495499 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #3266: May 09, 2016 04:55:00 pm
      It's a good thing (some ways) to see Studge linked with big bids from other clubs because it means he is injury free and scoring goals. Same goes for any of our players. The more our players are coveted by other teams the better we must be doing as a club. The challenge for the club now is to figure out what they want to do with Daniel's contract, he will be entering the final two seasons of his current deal come the summer, he is obviously on good wages (rumoured to be 150k per week I believe?) however, much of this has been dead money because he hasn't been available for selection. Of course, when he is fit and firing he is worth every last penny in the current market. Will FSG have the balls to begin new contract negotiations with the lad? Most top sides will begin speaking with players as they go into the final 2 years and a failure to do so usually risks the player/agent to court offers from other clubs.

It was a 5 year deal mate so still got 3 years to go and his £150k pw salary is heavily performance based so won't have earned anything like that amount and most of it will have been covered by insurance due to not being available to play.

I'm sure if he's over his injuries and puts in the level of performances we know he's capable of next season, he'll get a new deal.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3267: May 09, 2016 05:08:32 pm
      It was a 5 year deal mate so still got 3 years to go and his £150k pw salary is heavily performance based so won't have earned anything like that amount and most of it will have been covered by insurance due to not being available to play.

I believe the only time clubs don't pay their injured players salary is when they sustain injuries outside the club (internationals or non club related incidents).
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3268: May 09, 2016 05:26:41 pm
      I believe the only time clubs don't pay their injured players salary is when they sustain injuries outside the club (internationals or non club related incidents).

The original injury was done on International duty mate, an injury that had many knock on effects culminating in him having to undergo surgery.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3269: May 09, 2016 05:54:17 pm
      The original injury was done on International duty mate, an injury that had many knock on effects culminating in him having to undergo surgery.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only injury he sustained with England was a thigh injury which he was out for a month in 2014? And I'm sure the FA covered that, but After which, all other injuries have been under our watch? This is the reason why we were left to play the full brunt of his salary rather than another covering it :(

Anyway, I was one of those that totally forgot how good a striker Sturridge was as he had been out for so long, but since his return, he has reminded me of this! A proper striker like Sturridge really does add a new dimension to our attack, and long may it continue.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3270: May 09, 2016 05:57:57 pm
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only injury he sustained with England was a thigh injury which he was out for a month in 2014? And I'm sure the FA covered that, but After which, all other injuries have been under our watch? This is the reason why we were left to play the full brunt of his salary rather than another covering it :(

Anyway, I was one of those that totally forgot how good a striker Sturridge was as he had been out for so long, but since his return, he has reminded me of this! A proper striker like Sturridge really does add a new dimension to our attack, and long may it continue.

You could well be right mate and yes he's an excellent striker, one we need to keep.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #3271: May 10, 2016 07:53:36 am
      i remember that. that was the final straw for all liverpool supporters with the england national team set up (if it wasn't, it should have been). we were slowly slowly nursing sturridge back and then roy took him away for 2 friendlies and he was injured after 1 or even before either happened. then he was out for another month. that was the last time i cared about the england national team
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #3272: May 10, 2016 10:39:57 pm
      And the other half of fans will defend him even if he tripped a little kid and stole his candy.

;D thats not really true. He hasnt even done anything close to that.

But what we have seen is people say we should sell him.

These geniuses will have us selling Sturridge and Benteke (too our rivals in the league mind you) in the beginning of the summer and we somehow find a new star striker who will be fit 100% of the league games (cups and league) AND score 20+ goals a season.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #3273: May 10, 2016 10:40:45 pm
      Bottom right, September 2014 was initially 28 days but it carried on for quite some time, his tear kept on tearing.

gotta love liverpool fans. Making info graphics and videos burying our own players on social media. Then we cry about player loyalty. Bravo
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #3274: May 10, 2016 10:44:41 pm
      The only way Stu will be sold is if he hands in a transfer request.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #3275: May 11, 2016 12:12:32 am
      He's not going anywhere. He owes us several season's and anyone wanting to leave Klopp for pastures new should be free to walk for not having their head screwed on. Sturridge is a natural finisher, but he's still not 100% fit. Should be peaking just in time for Euros.
      « Last Edit: May 11, 2016 12:43:34 am by Benito »
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #3276: May 12, 2016 07:22:38 am
      gotta love liverpool fans. Making info graphics and videos burying our own players on social media. Then we cry about player loyalty. Bravo

how do you know a liverpool fan made it?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3277: May 12, 2016 04:00:27 pm
      Best part of the game last night was seeing Daniel really going at full pace to get past their left full back in the first half.
      First time I can remember him really stretching the legs fully since he has come back.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #3278: May 12, 2016 07:39:08 pm
      how do you know a liverpool fan made it?

true. But liverpool fans use it against him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3279: May 12, 2016 08:53:50 pm

Haven't got the hang of this taking the piss lark yet have you?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3280: May 17, 2016 08:45:57 pm
      'Only' got one goal in the Villa home leg. But was involved in all three. Pressure on Danny again to show what he can do. So go out there and remind Jürgen what you're about. Good luck!!!!!!!
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #3281: May 19, 2016 03:47:32 am
      What an exquisite goal. The only positive in a day full of disappointment.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3282: May 19, 2016 05:50:21 am
      Brilliant goal. Wish he could have scored 4.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3283: May 19, 2016 04:34:33 pm
      Good goal, shame he wasn't a little bit more aware and got himself onside for the Lovren header.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3284: May 19, 2016 07:38:23 pm
      Good goal, shame he wasn't a little bit more aware and got himself onside for the Lovren header.

It is mate but don't you reckon the goalie would've got it if Studge weren't there? It was actually a really well drilled little press they pulled off there, Sturridge was busy arm wrestling with the centre half as the corner was being taken but by the time Lovren had headed it he was on his own by miles, very clever.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3285: May 21, 2016 08:17:08 pm
      Kopite78
      Reply #3286: May 21, 2016 08:31:00 pm
      Maybe Klopp's decision to give him a 'pre season' mid season has done him some good.

This season even with the large chunk he missed in the first part has ended up being his second highest in terms of apparences and goals since he signed for the club.

He's looked far stronger in the run in, seems to be trusting his body again
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #3287: May 21, 2016 08:52:14 pm
      To the tune of: Do Wah Diddy Diddy

Danny Sturridge gets the ball on the wing
      singin' do-the Sturridge-Danny doo Danny-do
      Scores a goal and makes the Kop do its ting
      singin' do-the Sturridge-Danny doo Danny-do

We all know, WE ALL KNOW
      He scores goals, HE SCORES GOALS