Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 495488 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #3312: May 28, 2016 09:18:52 am
      Hold on,,, according to Woy the owl,He (Daniel) joined the England squad with the injury
      ridiculous  :mad: :mad:
      Roy Hodgson has cheek to claim Daniel Sturridge ‘was already injured’
      http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/05/27/roy-hodgson-has-cheek-to-claim-daniel-sturridge-was-already-injured/

It's not the first time he has said that. Passing the buck
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3313: May 28, 2016 10:15:20 am
      Looks like extra training for Sturridge tomorrow. I suspect Hodgson wants Sturridge injured so he can take Overhypeford to the Euros without a backlash.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3314: May 28, 2016 11:31:23 pm
      Being generous I want Daniel to go to the euros and show just how bloody good he is and win our country the trophy
      But personally I would prefer him to get some rest, a good preseason and to start the season with a chip on his shoulder to show that he is the best striker in the premier league.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3315: May 29, 2016 01:37:18 pm
      show just how bloody good he is and win our country the trophy

Rather he showed his class with us and won us trophies.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3316: May 29, 2016 03:30:49 pm
      It's not the first time he has said that. Passing the buck

what was he doing there if he is injured F**k England and F**k Hodgson
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #3317: May 29, 2016 06:18:05 pm
      Looks like extra training for Sturridge tomorrow. I suspect Hodgson wants Sturridge injured so he can take Overhypeford to the Euros without a backlash.

I'll be happy as Larry if no Liverpool player features in the Euros, especially England. Let Woy break a United player for a change, I want our lads fit and fresh for next season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3318: Jun 01, 2016 01:05:56 pm
      Daniel is 26 he is now in his peak years 26-30 and yet he has fallen down the pecking order behind Kane and Vardy and he is so much better than that. I hope he sits most of it out gets a good pre season and takes the league by storm next season or his career could end up being one of almost but not quite .
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3319: Jun 03, 2016 09:54:59 pm
      Daniel is 26 he is now in his peak years 26-30 and yet he has fallen down the pecking order behind Kane and Vardy and he is so much better than that. I hope he sits most of it out gets a good pre season and takes the league by storm next season or his career could end up being one of almost but not quite .

If on the other hand though he struggles with injuries in the summer, think Klopp is going to be under pressure to take a tough decision on Daniel. I'm massive fan of his, and if he can stay fit for 2/3s of a season even, great.

But assuming Benteke leaves, if Daniel breaks down, we're left with Origi and Ings. Not a disaster, but not ideal.

BIG decision I think for Jürgen to stick or twist on Daniel. If he sticks, and he is crocked most of the year, results will suffer and Klopp will take grief. If he stays and performs as he could if actually on the grass, Jürgen should get the rewards.

Obviously though, you can't sell Daniel without a replacement, so Klopp might be limited by that.
      But as mentioned on another thread, the manager cops the flak, so it has to be something in his mind.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3320: Jun 06, 2016 04:29:41 am
      But assuming Benteke leaves, if Daniel breaks down, we're left with Origi and Ings. Not a disaster, but not ideal.

Let's be honest, that essentially is a disaster if we have any hopes of challenging for the title.

Klopp has, so far, done brilliantly at keeping Sturridge fit and I think we have to give Sturridge one last chance because we're not going to do any better.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #3321: Jun 07, 2016 06:41:47 am
      good thing we wont have any games as soon as Benteke leaves, we'll have over a month to get a replacement in ;)
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #3322: Jun 07, 2016 10:52:32 am
      You mean end of season? Bit of a stupid idea really as they wouldn't be able to fit all the qualifiers and tournament in during the summer.
      If all the friendlies and Qualifiers were played post season the Premier league season would be at least three to five weeks shorter, maybe even shorter than that...that would leave the same amount of time, (If not more depending on how many matches they choose to play in a week) to fit games in, as well on a national level give the International managers more time to work with their respective teams
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #3323: Jun 09, 2016 10:38:15 pm
      Andy "Tha wan*er" Cole got it right on Sturridge:

"He's England best centre forward when fit," Cole said to Omnisport.
      "I know Kane has had a very good season and Vardy has had an unbelievable season, especially after he got five goals last season and 24 this year - that's phenomenal.
      "But keep Sturridge fit and he is England's best centre-forward. The goal he got in the Europa League final was majestic.
      "The goals he has got for Liverpool this season when he's fit - and also when he was at Chelsea and Man City - show that. There are not many centre-forwards who can do what he can do."
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #3324: Jun 09, 2016 10:48:40 pm
      Andy "Tha wan*er" Cole got it right on Sturridge:

"He's England best centre forward when fit," Cole said to Omnisport.
      "I know Kane has had a very good season and Vardy has had an unbelievable season, especially after he got five goals last season and 24 this year - that's phenomenal.
      "But keep Sturridge fit and he is England's best centre-forward. The goal he got in the Europa League final was majestic.
      "The goals he has got for Liverpool this season when he's fit - and also when he was at Chelsea and Man City - show that. There are not many centre-forwards who can do what he can do."

F**k Andy Cole and F**k Ingerland.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #3325: Jun 11, 2016 11:21:57 pm
      It's almost comical at this point -- Hodge has 1 truly world class player at his disposal, and he refuses to play him.  Danny is the only player in the England team who would push to be in the starting 11 at every other club in the world -- the only exceptions being Barca and Munich in my opinion.  Granted, Kane is within touching distance of being world class, while Dele Alli, Sterling, and Dier all have world class potential.  But Danny is the most talented of the lot.  Even the Manc sh*t Andy Cole recognizes as much....

Sorry Danny :(  Just bottle your anger and use it as motivation next season to remind everyone why Roy got canned after 6 months in charge of the only big club he's ever managed!!! 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3326: Jun 11, 2016 11:29:47 pm
      It's an absolute joke that he doesn't start for England. They can F**k off with Vardy being ahead of him in the pecking order too. It made me laugh when they were saying it was either Rashford or Sturridge to go to the Euros. Sturridge should be one of the first on the sheet.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #3327: Jun 12, 2016 12:32:30 am
      I am not complaining the guy has played the most successive games in 3 years.   He needs to have a rest if England don't need him all the better.  Maybe he will get fed-up with the national team like Carra.  We are losing big players all the time.  I think these sort of things are good from our point of view.  We think he is good and others don't appreciate as much as we do.   

To be honest though with Sturridge it is probably better to hold him back at this stage in the competition anyways.  See what the rest can do and use him off the bench.  And launch him later on in the competition, if we are still there. 
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #3328: Jun 15, 2016 04:04:27 am
      i like that he doesn't start for england. he wasn't starting for us, wouldn't have started the europa league final if origi was fit. that's because he isn't a workhorse, it's not in his DNA. he wants to pick the ball up and score all himself and that's great - but i guess i see why it's a bit of a gamble, starting that kind of player. i don't know if kane or vardy are better workers but i know sturridge is better at coming off the bench and scoring. why didn't he come on against russia though? well hodgson is one of the worst managers in the world.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #3329: Jun 15, 2016 04:17:31 am
      He isn't that bad.  If you sack a manager that wins the Champions League and get to another final and makes the club the highest rank club in Europe.  And wins the FA Cup gets to finals of Domestic Cups finishes 2nd in the league.  If you sack a manager of this stature and hire Roy Hodgson then he is a very bad replacement and will get plenty of stick because he is just not fit enough to replace his predecessor.   But for England he hasn't done that bad.  English fans want a national and he is pretty much as good as we have got.  There isn't anyone that is clearly better.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #3330: Jun 16, 2016 03:50:54 pm
      That's why you play him you owl faced f**k-wit!!!  Danny boy   :kop5cf8koxp6:

Edit:  I'm not an England fan -- just a Liverpool fan so I'm thrilled for Danny right now!!!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #3331: Jun 16, 2016 04:29:40 pm
      Woy does not give a toot, what the fans think tbh.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3332: Jun 16, 2016 04:38:45 pm
      Danny Boy.

You have just saved Hodgson his job ..... for now.

Owl face should have resigned after the World Cup but he has hung on to pick up another £3m in wages over two years.

Lucky England.  Lucky Hodgson.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3333: Jun 16, 2016 06:51:34 pm
      A mark of the man that even after being put on the bench (undeservedly) he comes off and shows everyone what is what.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3334: Jun 16, 2016 08:40:20 pm
      A mark of the man that even after being put on the bench (undeservedly) he comes off and shows everyone what is what.

To think, he is their best striker yet he has been benched for 135 of the 180 minutes so far.

Quick Reply