Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 503452 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #3519: Sep 05, 2016 08:15:09 am
      Surely you missed the smiley Bill? You're not seriously thinking I was considering we might get relegated?

After reading your post again Mick I have come to the conclusion it is you that has missed the smiley.The word relegation and L.F.C. should never be mentioned on this forum.Aim for the TOP Mick and hope that we get there.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3520: Sep 05, 2016 09:09:49 am
        :lmao:

I know Si... the "most knowledgeable fans in the world."  :P

Right up there with - 'I pretend not to want top class players [in case it can be construed as contradicting Jürgen] but... I don't mind having a top class manager'.  :dunce2:
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #3521: Sep 05, 2016 09:37:00 am
      Vardy.

Jesus f**king wept.

The only one in your list in the same league as Danny is Aguero.

You've definitely got rose tinted glasses on if you think Sturridge is a better finish than Ibrahimovic or Aguero...regardless of who they play for.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #3522: Sep 11, 2016 12:39:27 am
      Was a class act today with his movement , but we all know that

Unusually for Danny a bit off his usual clinical finishing.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3523: Sep 11, 2016 12:49:09 am

I think it's cause most of his clearer chances fell to him on his right foot. His left and right foot are like chalk and cheese.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3524: Sep 11, 2016 12:54:45 am

Very subtle work today. Much more impressed with his work rate particularly coming back deep to regain the ball in the run up to Firmino's goal. Looked a real team player which is something we've not said of late with regards to Sturridge. Agree that he did look a bit off in front of goal compared to the other forwards today.

But will he start against Chelsea?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #3525: Sep 11, 2016 01:00:58 am
      Very subtle work today. Much more impressed with his work rate particularly coming back deep to regain the ball in the run up to Firmino's goal. Looked a real team player which is something we've not said of late with regards to Sturridge. Agree that he did look a bit off in front of goal compared to the other forwards today.

But will he start against Chelsea?

See that's that's what I don't understand within our fan base, who cares if Danny starts  because if Jürgen decides it's best to start with Danny on the bench then why are some of our Fans up in arms!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3526: Sep 11, 2016 04:52:20 am
      Brilliant. Movement was top class.

Should've scored twice though. Couple of assists will do instead.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3527: Sep 11, 2016 09:43:48 pm
      I'm starting to think he's not mood, he just has chronic resting bi*ch face.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3528: Sep 11, 2016 10:30:46 pm
      See that's that's what I don't understand within our fan base, who cares if Danny starts  because if Jürgen decides it's best to start with Danny on the bench then why are some of our Fans up in arms!

Opinions mate.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3529: Sep 17, 2016 07:47:56 am
      I don't like his attitude and neither does Klopp it seems. Subbed off pretty quickly and he stormed down the tunnel. We will be better without him if he doesn't applies himself, getting around 35 mil for him would be a good business and the gaffer would replace him with a striker who fits his system and way of thinking. Hopeffuly Ings recovers his form because he has shown desire and he is fighting for every ball, something that Studge isn't doing.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #3530: Sep 17, 2016 08:35:13 am
      I don't like his attitude and neither does Klopp it seems. Subbed off pretty quickly and he stormed down the tunnel. We will be better without him if he doesn't applies himself, getting around 35 mil for him would be a good business and the gaffer would replace him with a striker who fits his system and way of thinking. Hopeffuly Ings recovers his form because he has shown desire and he is fighting for every ball, something that Studge isn't doing.
      What?
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #3531: Sep 18, 2016 09:16:37 am

F*** me !! Anyone that would want DS off our books and playing for (a) another team against us must be ( please enter your description here)?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #3532: Sep 18, 2016 09:58:53 am

He hasn't scored lately but his performances have been excellent.

Keep playing him and he'll get us 20 goals in the league I'm sure of it.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3533: Sep 18, 2016 02:42:04 pm
      The F**k you on about? He acknowledged Klopp when he was subbed and sat on the bench after being subbed?.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3534: Sep 18, 2016 02:56:01 pm
      Wasn't he hooked because he picked up a knock?

He did seem laboured all second half in all honesty so think he must have a little niggle.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #3535: Sep 18, 2016 03:34:15 pm
      Sturridge wasn't injured. Klopp was asked about it and said that he simply subbed his striker because he couldn't sprint with a striker that could. He did it for the team.

We all saw last season that the team played best with Origi up front and Sturridge coming off the bench as a weapon. It is still the case today but we're giving Sturridge every chance to prove what he's worth. Unfortunately his mentality seems to be the only thing holding him back because he seems to think he's the best player at the club despite Origi showing him up last season. Needs a real kick up the ass like Sakho.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3536: Sep 18, 2016 03:38:09 pm
      The f**k you on about? He acknowledged Klopp when he was subbed and sat on the bench after being subbed?.

When i watched the game i saw him storming down the tunnel on the tele. Maybe i was wrong.

I still think his mentality doesn't fit our playing style.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3537: Sep 18, 2016 03:39:16 pm
      F*** me !! Anyone that would want DS off our books and playing for (a) another team against us must be ( please enter your description here)?

How did you get the notion that i want him to play for another team against us ? Where did i mention that ? I just said that i believe that Klopp doesn't like his attitude/mentality.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3538: Sep 18, 2016 04:38:18 pm
      How did you get the notion that i want him to play for another team against us ? Where did i mention that ? I just said that i believe that Klopp doesn't like his attitude/mentality.

I've no idea what you mean by his attitude, its spot on atm.
      You formed an opinion about Sturridge and are obviously sticking to it, regardless of how wrong you are, and you clearly are!

Unbelievable that you would sell a fit Sturridge!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #3539: Sep 18, 2016 06:31:50 pm
      Perhaps Daniel will find his shooting boots, if selected against Derby, on Tuesday night. Providing he is fit for the game, confident he will start scoring sooner or later.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3540: Sep 18, 2016 06:59:51 pm
      He doesn't need to find his shooting boots. His hold up and link up play against Leicester and Chelsea has been brilliant. Was only a few weeks ago where I questioned how long he could stay in the team but his work the last week or so has been so selfless and unheralded.
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2016 12:48:28 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3541: Sep 18, 2016 07:13:44 pm
      I was actually a little disappointed in him against Chelsea. Not sure if it's anything to do with attitude, subconscious or if it's just not in him anymore, but he is holding back. Very rarely see him run in behind these days which was a big part of his game.

On his game he is our best striker, but it did get me thinking that perhaps hia speed is no longer there with all the injuries he has endured.

Going to keep a close eye on it over the next few weeks if he is selected but I actually saw signs on Friday on why Klopp might just favour Firmino when everyone is fit.

Quick Reply