Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494919 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #3956: Mar 04, 2017 10:38:33 pm
      Fun fact for you guys.

4 1/2 seasons here, around 281 days each season, so a total of 1,186 days from when he joined us to today, and Sturridge has been injured for 632 days and available for 554 days.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3957: Mar 04, 2017 10:46:18 pm
      Fun fact for you guys.

4 1/2 seasons here, around 281 days each season, so a total of 1,186 days from when he joined us to today, and Sturridge has been injured for 632 days and available for 554 days.

So which team would want a player who is available for less than half a season.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #3958: Mar 04, 2017 11:05:43 pm
      So which team would want a player who is available for less than half a season.

West Ham seems to love them  :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3959: Mar 11, 2017 06:59:26 pm
      Sturridge should retire. He cant handle time off ill without getting injured.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #3960: Mar 12, 2017 11:41:04 am
      Sturridge should retire. He cant handle time off ill without getting injured.

Agreed.

After we sell him for £20 million.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #3961: Mar 14, 2017 09:36:18 am
      I couldn't be happier if Studge could keep fit and be our first choice starter, when he's fit he's explosive, skillful and an incredible finisher. Perfectly suited to Klopps system...unfortunately he has lost his explosive speed which means he doesn't fit our system.

Not many Strikers in world football know where the back of the net is better than Danny but i'd take a striker that can play 85% of games and score 1/3 chances than a striker that plays 45% of games and scores 1/2 chances.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #3962: Mar 23, 2017 05:57:20 pm
      I get the feeling something has happened with Sturridge behind the scenes and he won't play again for us. He's not featured atall in past 5-6 weeks and isn't on the warm weather training. Just a hunch
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3963: Mar 23, 2017 06:15:16 pm
      I get the feeling something has happened with Sturridge behind the scenes and he won't play again for us. He's not featured atall in past 5-6 weeks and isn't on the warm weather training. Just a hunch

Wouldn't surprise me if Klopp has lost patience with him.
      £120,000 a week, and he hardly plays.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,748 posts | 882 
      Reply #3964: Mar 24, 2017 11:04:44 am

I said that a few weeks ago, and still of the same opinion now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #3965: Mar 24, 2017 12:07:35 pm

He was probably told he needs to find a new club in the Summer.

Which he does.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3966: Apr 03, 2017 11:05:17 pm
      Back in full training, and with Mane out it's time for Sturridge to step up and be counted.....  oh wait, didn't I say this when Mane went to AFCON? :(
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3967: Apr 04, 2017 12:24:11 am
      Back in full training, and with Mane out it's time for Sturridge to step up and be counted.....  oh wait, didn't I say this when Mane went to AFCON? :(

Dont get your hope up, he will get injure again in training.

:D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3968: Apr 04, 2017 12:55:26 pm
      I've still got a bit of a feeling that Sturridge is quite a good player, call me bonkers and all that but I can't help it. Once he's sold and goes to a team who asks him to concentrate on what he's good at (scoring goals, causing goals to be scored) and to spend less time, effort and energy on what he's not so good at (running round a lot and putting slide tackles in), I've a hunch we might see a different player.

In the meantime the challenge for us is to find someone who combines the running around a lot and pressing ability of a Firmino, with the more traditional attributes people look for in a striker (putting the ball in the onion bag). Simples, unless we can teach Firmino how to hit a cows @rse with a banjo on a much more regular basis than he's shown the tendency to do so far, we need to get Luis Suarez back.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3969: Apr 04, 2017 01:01:28 pm
      I've still got a bit of a feeling that Sturridge is quite a good player, call me bonkers and all that but I can't help it. Once he's sold and goes to a team who asks him to concentrate on what he's good at (scoring goals, causing goals to be scored) and to spend less time, effort and energy on what he's not so good at (running round a lot and putting slide tackles in), I've a hunch we might see a different player.

In the meantime the challenge for us is to find someone who combines the running around a lot and pressing ability of a Firmino, with the more traditional attributes people look for in a striker (putting the ball in the onion bag). Simples, unless we can teach Firmino how to hit a cows @rse with a banjo on a much more regular basis than he's shown the tendency to do so far, we need to get Luis Suarez back.

Agreed.

Just needs to stay fit, he is our best finisher. Really hope he stays fit now for rest of season.

I do however think he will leave in the summer by his own choice, even when 100% he is not 1st choice anymore.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3970: Apr 04, 2017 01:32:49 pm
      Wonder if he will be fit long enough to play himself into form and 100% fitness.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #3971: Apr 04, 2017 02:49:44 pm
      Wonder if he will be fit long enough to play himself into form and 100% fitness.

Hopefully.

We might get more money for him in the Summer then.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,748 posts | 882 
      Reply #3972: Apr 04, 2017 05:43:20 pm

Can't see it myself.

Why would Klopp play him when he has Firmino and Origi? He might get a couple of minutes here and there or an isolated game, but no consistency to give him that form and fitness he needs.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3973: Apr 06, 2017 01:43:53 pm
      Really thought we might have seen him get 10 mins or so last night, was a bit dissapointed that he didn't come on, could have made a difference  ??? Did I really say that  :D

We'll never know if he doesn't get a bit of a run out, wonder if we'll see him at Stoke on Saturday, them being an extremely physical team, he'll be crocked up in 10 mins  :mad:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #3974: Apr 06, 2017 01:54:42 pm
      Wonder sometimes, if we will ever, see him in a red shirt again ? Such an injury prone player, surely means a low valuation on the transfer market.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3975: Apr 06, 2017 02:02:43 pm

Utter rubbish, he's permanently injured, if someone is stupid enough to buy him then they'll just be buying patient for their club doctor. Sadly he's just one of those players who constantly gets injured and never reaches his full potential.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #3976: Apr 06, 2017 02:33:40 pm
      Wonder sometimes, if we will ever, see him in a red shirt again ? Such an injury prone player, surely means a low valuation on the transfer market.

Nah West Ham will do us a solid and splash the cash on him.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3977: Apr 06, 2017 07:06:08 pm
      Utter rubbish, he's permanently injured, if someone is stupid enough to buy him then they'll just be buying patient for their club doctor. Sadly he's just one of those players who constantly gets injured and never reaches his full potential.

Which we knew about when we bought him .
      He had an injury history but we thought we'd get him on the cheap and things would be different.

Another financially happy player with the likes of previous players Cole and Box of Frogs at the Bank of LFC .
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #3978: Apr 06, 2017 07:56:04 pm
      Should start in our next 2 league games. We need a striker who takes chances . Jürgen FFS ? Origi is not a better option.

Quick Reply