Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 491562 times
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #3979: Apr 06, 2017 11:41:52 pm
      Should start in our next 2 league games. We need a striker who takes chances . Jürgen FFS ? Origi is not a better option.

Impossible. If he starts one game, and maybe even finishes it, it will be highly unlikely that he would be fit for the game after. He can't go away on a training camp without getting a virus for fucks sake!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #3980: Apr 07, 2017 04:29:13 pm
      Harry Kane breaks his back, both legs and is back quicker than Sturridge who had a cold.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3981: Apr 07, 2017 05:03:48 pm
      A sick note he may be, but in his defence Jürgen wouldn't play him when he was fit anyway!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3982: Apr 07, 2017 05:09:07 pm
      A sick note he may be, but in his defence Jürgen wouldn't play him when he was fit anyway!

Didn't exactly do himself many favours in the games he did play in
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3983: Apr 07, 2017 05:17:50 pm
      Didn't exactly do himself many favours in the games he did play in

Very hard to score goals when you're having to come out to the halfway line to get the ball. The service into him was sh*te. He might not be Klopps type of player, but there were times when a change of tactics was necessary, and he could've altered then to work around Sturridge's strengths.
      If Jürgen doesn't fancy a player or fans seem to turn on him, It's crazy!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #3984: Apr 07, 2017 05:45:18 pm
      Not too sure what Origi has to do to prove himself vs. Studge really - last 5 games he has featured he has scored... He puts himself about and is ready when called on.

Studge, world class on his day - alongside Suarez and Sterling - but that day has gone. Personally I think he needs to move on, for his own good... Shame as I rate him highly, but the boss dosent fancy him anymore and he is not reliable enough...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3985: Apr 07, 2017 05:53:34 pm
      Very hard to score goals when you're having to come out to the halfway line to get the ball. The service into him was Sh*te. He might not be Klopps type of player, but there were times when a change of tactics was necessary, and he could've altered then to work around Sturridge's strengths.
      If Jürgen doesn't fancy a player or fans seem to turn on him, It's crazy!

Well if the service was poor a bit of effort might have gone some way to catching Klopp's eye.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3986: Apr 07, 2017 11:38:09 pm
      Harry Kane breaks his back, both legs and is back quicker than Sturridge who had a cold.

Not good is it. Kane's 2nd ligament injury of the season and he's out for what, 3 games? Sturridges gets the sniffles about 2months and he just about started to return to the bench.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3987: Apr 08, 2017 05:10:20 pm
      Can anyone really now deny the poor treatment of Sturridge and Klopp's dislike for him?

Now Woodburn is called up to play instead of "fit and sharp" Sturridge.  :o

Shut up!
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #3988: Apr 08, 2017 06:06:13 pm

Glad you quoted me mate, because it seems that the admin have removed my post!

But no, I won't shut up about the shocking treatment of Sturridge. Just as most people wouldn't accept it if it were Suarez.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3989: Apr 08, 2017 06:24:35 pm
      Glad you quoted me mate, because it seems that the admin have removed my post!

But no, I won't shut up about the shocking treatment of Sturridge. Just as most people wouldn't accept it if it were Suarez.

Sturridge seems happy so take the advice and shut up, your not his agent!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3990: Apr 08, 2017 06:28:41 pm
      Sturridge seems happy so take the advice and shut up, your not his agent!
      He has a point though, why is Woodburn starting ahead of Sturridge? if Sturridge is fit he should have started today. I am a fan of Klopp punishing players if Sturridge has done something to upset him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3991: Apr 08, 2017 06:51:05 pm
      He has a point though, why is Woodburn starting ahead of Sturridge? if Sturridge is fit he should have started today. I am a fan of Klopp punishing players if Sturridge has done something to upset him.

If he was punishing him why did he bring him on ffs.
      Have you considered that he may not be sharp enough to play more than 30mins?

Bellends every where on this forum!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3992: Apr 08, 2017 06:57:37 pm
      If he was punishing him why did he bring him on ffs.
      Have you considered that he may not be sharp enough to play more than 30mins?

Bellends every where on this forum!
      So why was he on the bench against Bournemouth 3 days ago? Sharpness is not related to fitness.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #3993: Apr 08, 2017 07:03:06 pm
      Because against Bournemouth he was only fit enough to play 1 min 30 seconds...  :roll: Just didn't get that chance!  :laugh:

Funny how HScRed1 knows what goes on behind the scenes.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3994: Apr 08, 2017 07:06:11 pm
      Because against Bournemouth he was only fit enough to play 1 min 30 seconds...  :roll: Just didn't get that chance!  :laugh:

Funny how HScRed1 knows what goes on behind the scenes.
      HScRed1 just throws abuse around and talks bollocks. He is one of those Klopp defenders that will defend stupidity. I am delighted we won but Klopp made a massive blunder starting Woodburn. Common sense on its own suggests if Sturridge is fit, he should start and this Sturridge was not fit enough crap is not at all correct. If he was fit enough to sit on the bench and do **** all against Bournemouth, he should have been ready to start today. On another day where Mignolet is Mignolet we would not have won. Nobody at all officially has said Sturridge was not ready, to me it just looks like Klopp thought Woodburn was a better option.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #3995: Apr 08, 2017 07:27:31 pm
      Yep, Klopp has just admitted as much in his post match interview.

Danny could have played, and gone a full 45 minutes "intense" football, so we are looking at about a 60 min substitution had he started in this game (given that it was not intense). That is what i would have expected for a 1st game back.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3996: Apr 08, 2017 07:29:29 pm
      Jeez you two are like waldorf and statler from the muppets
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3997: Apr 08, 2017 07:33:31 pm
      Yep, Klopp has just admitted as much in his post match interview.

If you are on about today's game then no, no he didn't. Why make stuff up? Sturridge wasn't even mentioned in the post match interview, it was Coutinho and Firmino. Where he said Coutinho lost 3kilo and Firmino had bit of a groin injury.

Nice try.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,967 posts | 3944 
      Reply #3998: Apr 08, 2017 07:35:11 pm
      HScRed1 just throws abuse around and talks bollocks. He is one of those Klopp defenders that will defend stupidity. I am delighted we won but Klopp made a massive blunder starting Woodburn. Common sense on its own suggests if Sturridge is fit, he should start and this Sturridge was not fit enough crap is not at all correct. If he was fit enough to sit on the bench and do **** all against Bournemouth, he should have been ready to start today. On another day where Mignolet is Mignolet we would not have won. Nobody at all officially has said Sturridge was not ready, to me it just looks like Klopp thought Woodburn was a better option.

So in effect your judgement is superior to the manager?
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #3999: Apr 08, 2017 07:35:46 pm
      No he didn't. Why make stuff up? Sturridge wasn't even mentioned in the post match interview, it was Coutinho and Firmino. Where he said Coutinho lost 3kilo and Firmino had bit of a groin injury.

Nice try.

Geeez....

Here you go mate:

With offensive options, it was difficult. For Daniel, half-time, it was really long in the moment in an intense game like this, so it was difficult to find the right solution.

Nice try..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4000: Apr 08, 2017 07:36:44 pm
      Geeez....

Here you go mate:

Nice try..

Source? Because I haven't seen that on any of the post match interviews I have seen so far
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #4001: Apr 08, 2017 07:39:06 pm
      Source? Because I haven't seen that on any of the post match interviews I have seen so far

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/259690-Jürgen-klopp-that-win-feels-absolutely-massive-for-us

Quick Reply