Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494090 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #4186: May 28, 2017 01:16:17 pm
      Then we should get Lacazette!! And buy his french mate, Mendy, keep Sakho and all will be well, then ring up Dug Costa and tell him he'll be playing along side Mane, Lacazette, Firmino and Coutinho. The 2 Brazilians will ring him up and convince him too!! When those players come in, Keita & VVD will see what we are building and hand in a transfer request and we'll end up getting them for cheap, like , 25m ish!!!

Simple!!!!

Do it then, you have my go ahead :D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #4187: May 28, 2017 07:54:18 pm
      Available: Lacazette, Aubameyang, Suarez, D.Costa, Aguero, Kane, Lewandowski, Griezmann, Mbappe, Jesus? and possibly Sanchez and Dybala if you want to count them as strikers, could probably add Zlatan there too.

From those only Lacazette can be bought. Griezmann and Mdappe are too expensive to get them. Maybe Werner and Belotti but not the same level as the others.

It's questionable whether Lacazette is better than a fully fit Sturridge, Griezmann and Lewandowski have transfer valuations around the £70 million mark. Now can anyone seriously see FSG and Klopp going out and spending £70 million on one player? I'd be doing back flips if we signed Griezmann but I won't be holding my breath. They're players these owners sell on, players like Lambert are the sort they buy.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #4188: May 28, 2017 08:06:46 pm
      So, all being considered, who is seriously suggesting we just go ahead and sell Sturridge?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #4189: May 28, 2017 08:43:01 pm
      So, all being considered, who is seriously suggesting we just go ahead and sell Sturridge?

Me.

He's a crock.

A very talented crock.

But a crock nonetheless.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #4190: May 28, 2017 09:12:49 pm
      I don't care if we sell or keep Sturridge as long as either way, we buy a top striker.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4191: May 28, 2017 10:05:27 pm
      Not me.

Best striker in squad by long mile and you don't sell your best.
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #4192: May 28, 2017 10:18:51 pm
      Me.

He's a crock.

A very talented crock.

But a crock nonetheless.

But would you sell him even if you couldn't get one of those names above?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4193: May 28, 2017 10:40:29 pm

Perhaps his injuries can be limited/managed with a less intensive training regime ?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4194: May 29, 2017 10:40:50 am
      Then we should get Lacazette!! And buy his french mate, Mendy, keep Sakho and all will be well, then ring up Dug Costa and tell him he'll be playing along side Mane, Lacazette, Firmino and Coutinho. The 2 Brazilians will ring him up and convince him too!! When those players come in, Keita & VVD will see what we are building and hand in a transfer request and we'll end up getting them for cheap, like , 25m ish!!!

Simple!!!!

Lacazette is the one I've wanted us to get from the off.

Please make it happen Jürgen.

He will score 25+ for sure in our side.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4195: May 29, 2017 10:52:36 am
      Or for the football experts sitting behind they're keyboards it may simply be the case he has not been fit and even when he was given game time early in the season Sturridge was ineffective.

Seems to be a lot of  unemployed UEFA pro coaches on this forum  :roll:

You don't have to be an "unemployed UEFA pro coach" to realize that no matter how good a player is if he is only playing 20 games a season in all competitions and needs Five of them to become match sharp and match fit he is some what of a liability when pushing for the title...You need players fit and able to play, and as good as Sturridge is he is as fragile, when was the last time you saw Sturridge sprint for a ball...?

Great player to have as a impact sub, but we need fully fit and firing strikers   
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #4196: May 29, 2017 11:10:06 am
      Me.

He's a crock.

A very talented crock.

But a crock nonetheless.

Do you want to sell Ings? What about Matip? Henderson? Sturridge has been unavilable for selection due to injury for one game more than Matip and substantially less than both Ings and Henderson. So why aren't you calling for them to go?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4197: May 29, 2017 11:14:31 am
      It's not as simple as cutting your losses. First and foremost is his undeniable talent. It'd take upwards of £50 million to attract a player of similar quality to the club, assuming they'd even want to join which is questionable. So then you have to weigh that against the prospect of his problems potentially being cleared by surgery. What on earth is the point in getting rid of him only for his problems to be solved and find we've let go one of the best striking talents in Europe? Look at what we're left with? Ings and Origi, one who has spent even more time injured since he joined, the other who has had a lukewarm season at best. People like me aren't attached to him, we simply recognise the complexity of the situation. Recruit someone better and I'll have no problem seeing him go but I do not want the usual FSG bollocks of letting talent go and keeping inexperienced, under-talented, overpriced youth.

I said that Sturridge should be sent for treatment in either the States, or Australia at the end of the season,quoting the case of Harry Kewell... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1247743/Harry-Kewells-agent-slams-British-medics-wasted-career-Leeds-Liverpool-man.html...

Even if it means he misses pre-season and the first quarter of the next season... Imagine having a fully fit and firing Sturridge from January onward's...? But I fear Liverpool FC and FSG would sooner past the problem on to someone else and instead just take the money...For Me investing in the club is not just about investing in stands,a buying new players... It is also about realizing a asset and cultivating it and protecting it, even if that means you take half a season to treat that players and get him fully fit and firing again...

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4198: May 29, 2017 12:05:45 pm
      I said that Sturridge should be sent for treatment in either the States, or Australia at the end of the season,quoting the case of Harry Kewell... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1247743/Harry-Kewells-agent-slams-British-medics-wasted-career-Leeds-Liverpool-man.html...

I think Sturridge has been sent to America for treatment a couple of times. He is currently there now, probably getting sh*t sorted out :)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4199: May 29, 2017 12:50:13 pm
      I think Sturridge has been sent to America for treatment a couple of times. He is currently there now, probably getting sh*t sorted out :)

I hope so....
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #4200: May 29, 2017 01:20:16 pm

Even if it means he misses pre-season and the first quarter of the next season... Imagine having a fully fit and firing Sturridge from January onward's...? But I fear Liverpool FC and FSG would sooner past the problem on to someone else and instead just take the money...For Me investing in the club is not just about investing in stands,a buying new players... It is also about realizing a asset and cultivating it and protecting it, even if that means you take half a season to treat that players and get him fully fit and firing again...

It's a simple case for me. Stump up the cash for a suitable replacement or send him for medical treatment and see if that fixes his hip problem. It's all very well people saying "sell him" but no player should ever be sold unless there is a better player ready to walk through the door.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4201: May 29, 2017 03:49:41 pm
      It's a simple case for me. Stump up the cash for a suitable replacement or send him for medical treatment and see if that fixes his hip problem.

It is in away, what i have been advocating...But even a fit for the season Origi is of more value than a fit for 20 games Sturridge

It's all very well people saying "sell him" but no player should ever be sold unless there is a better player ready to walk through the door.

I normal circumstances I totally agree... I would like to see us make a bid for Iheanacho. A good  option with Sturridge a sick note, Ings side lined and Origi not up to much these days
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4202: May 30, 2017 06:22:31 pm

He's in LA for holiday
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4203: May 30, 2017 07:01:07 pm
      I am not sure about Sturridge. This is what he was doing when not being match fit?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/injured-liverpool-star-daniel-sturridge-10369658

Smoking shisha pipe?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #4204: May 30, 2017 07:11:09 pm
      I am not sure about Sturridge. This is what he was doing when not being match fit?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/injured-liverpool-star-daniel-sturridge-10369658

Smoking shisha pipe?

Old news that!!
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #4205: Jun 02, 2017 03:00:09 pm
      I hope we Keep Sturry, he is a good asset, we have no reason to get rid of an asset
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #4206: Jun 14, 2017 05:42:00 pm
      I hope we Keep Sturry, he is a good asset, we have no reason to get rid of an asset

Unless of course it's broken!!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 713 
      Reply #4207: Jun 14, 2017 10:24:02 pm
      I find it incredible that people want to waste wages on the lad.

FSG brainwashing is working. Who cares about wages? We need a strong squad.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #4208: Jun 14, 2017 10:36:10 pm
      Even if we are bringing in a top striker why would you get rid of a striker who knows how to find the back of the net better than any of our second strikers irrespective of how many games he is available.

Top teams doubts get rid of the likes of Sturridge they bring in extra competition.

Quick Reply