Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494776 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #4209: Jun 14, 2017 10:43:54 pm
      Even if we are bringing in a top striker why would you get rid of a striker who knows how to find the back of the net better than any of our second strikers irrespective of how many games he is available.

Top teams doubts get rid of the likes of Sturridge they bring in extra competition.

I would not get rid of Studge, however I think a lot of his staying or leaving is up to him...if he is happy not playing as much and being part of the team I think Jürgen keeps him...if he wants to play and be the focal point then Klopp will probably let him go and wish him luck.

Thing is I can't picture him happy playing for a team like Newcastle or Palace and he would not get anymore game time then he is now at a top English club.

Could honestly see him going to France.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #4210: Jun 14, 2017 10:52:58 pm
      I would not get rid of Studge, however I think a lot of his staying or leaving is up to him...if he is happy not playing as much and being part of the team I think Jürgen keeps him...if he wants to play and be the focal point then Klopp will probably let him go and wish him luck.

Thing is I can't picture him happy playing for a team like Newcastle or Palace and he would not get anymore game time then he is now at a top English club.

Could honestly see him going to France.

I think there's more chance of him playing at a club like Newcastle than abroad mate.

The longer it goes on though the more I think he'll be here next season.
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2017 11:00:38 pm by srslfc »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4211: Jun 14, 2017 10:55:33 pm
      I think there's more chance of him playing at a clunker Newcastle than abroad mate.

The longer it goes on though the more I think he'll be here next season.

PSG talked to the club this past January...hard to see him taking paycut, no way the toon's fork out 150k/week

Think this will run until the end of the window myself.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #4212: Jun 16, 2017 11:08:47 am
      I find it incredible that people want to waste wages on the lad.

Studge, when fit, is a quality striker and therein lies the rub, when fit.

We've got a 60 plus game season coming up and if his bouts of injury fall at the wrong times he's pointless. Regardless of timing the lads a liability.

If he worked in a normal job he'd be the golden boy who hit his targets every time but then went off sick for 6 weeks, came back and after a couple of weeks hit his targets again and then went off on the box again repeat to fade.

You don't reward that with a new contract you ultimately reward it with a final written warning and a lift home and he only gets the lift home because he's whining about feeling a bit nauseous at being f**king sacked.

We need a new golden boy who hits his targets and the pride of hitting his targets pushes him on to hit more.

Why's it a waste? Rooney can barely get a game for United and he's on more than Sturridge. Big clubs have big, talented squads full of big, talented players who struggle to get games but are there when needed. If we want to once more be a big club, this kind of small club thinking needs to go. Unless we can get a replacement of equal, if not better quality than no player should ever be sold.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4213: Jun 16, 2017 01:03:50 pm
      I'm feeling confident Studger could be over his serious Injury worries, he needed a full season without any really serious injuries, which he has just had, it was all niggles which is to be expected after almost 2 years on the side-lines.

Studger and us as fans should give LFC at least 1 more season, he could prove to be pivitol in a Magical season.

Even if he does only play 1/2 the predicted 60 games, that's a good enough number to win plenty games for us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #4214: Jun 16, 2017 09:20:11 pm
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #4215: Jun 22, 2017 09:53:19 pm
      Honestly can see him staying fit and smashing it next year. Blind optimism.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 182 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #4216: Jun 23, 2017 04:43:42 am

I'm in. Let's F***ing go
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #4217: Jun 23, 2017 03:09:05 pm
      Easy decision process: Keep him except if doctors say he's an injury time bomb. I'd even give up on Auba to hold Dannyboy....
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4218: Jun 23, 2017 03:17:27 pm
      I'd even give up on Auba to hold Dannyboy....

trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #4219: Jun 24, 2017 11:28:59 am
      If the medical team think they can manage his fitness and if Daniel is happy with a spot on the bench then for sure I'd keep him. A fit sturridge coming off the bench when we need a goal would deffo be an asset but if they think he'll have the same injury concerns then get shot.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4220: Jun 24, 2017 03:14:15 pm

You a betting man ?

I think hes used to being a half season player now.

I'd like to believe you but ...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4221: Jun 24, 2017 03:16:10 pm

Has he just seen his Gran Torino go past  ?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4222: Jun 24, 2017 03:48:51 pm
      Like I said before, world cup year. I think he will be fit and firing for us. Keep!!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4223: Jun 25, 2017 06:58:50 pm
      Like I said before, world cup year. I think he will be fit and firing for us. Keep!!!

He'll be firing for the Three Lions ... but not for the Liverbird .

Its not just his vast array of physical knocks ,  maladies and injuries ..... its his head now settled into a comfort zone.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #4224: Jun 28, 2017 02:43:51 pm
      You a betting man ?
      I think hes used to being a half season player now.
      I'd like to believe you but ...

Players returning from serious injury tend to be weened back in by Klopp very slowly. I don't think Sturridge's limited appearances last season were that much of a surprise. Even if returning to the team, he wouldn't want him playing x2 a week and/or 4-5 games on the bounce. Look at Gomez, he's been injury free since January and hasn't got a game.  I'd expect Ings this season to get limited opportunities, even in the FA and League cups.  Henderson's long term heel issue will keep him out a bunch next season hence why were looking at Ox/Keita, while we still have Lallana/Wjnaldum/Can/Coutinho/Gruijic/Stewart/Ejaria fighting for 3 positions. Sturridge has had 2 major injuries over the last 4 years. It was pretty clear the last serious one (Hip) was a possible career finisher.  He's basically had 1.5 years of recovery (while factoring for a few other minor issues i.e. calf/hamstring), as in the past was dunked back in around 3-4 months after sustaining an injury, only to be out for another 6 months due to over extending / strenuating the same problem.  He looked a lot sharper at the later end of the season, and while still hasn't got his pace back finally looked to be finding his rhythm again. Really is make or break for him this season.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4225: Jul 02, 2017 12:49:00 am
      Starting to appear all over Twitter that Kopp has blocked any sale of Sturridge as he'd be too expensive to replace.

Waiting to see if any reliable sources are going with this.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4226: Jul 02, 2017 12:55:23 am
      Starting to appear all over Twitter that Kopp has blocked any sale of Sturridge as he'd be too expensive to replace.

Waiting to see if any reliable sources are going with this.

It makes sense. Klopp obviously wants to sell him but the market price for a player in his usual condition isn't that high. He does however possess very high quality when fit and firing which is where the "too expensive to replace" part comes in.

There's also the fact that we have other areas to improve upon (centre back, full back, centre mid etc.) I'm guessing a striker becomes a big target next summer.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4227: Jul 02, 2017 08:40:13 am
      Starting to appear all over Twitter that Kopp has blocked any sale of Sturridge
      If that's true...

Blocked who from selling Sturridge?😉

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2017 08:56:57 am by bad boy bubby »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #4228: Jul 02, 2017 10:29:29 am
      If that's true...

Blocked who from selling Sturridge?😉

Did hear that Klopp said it would cost too much to replace him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4229: Jul 02, 2017 10:50:48 am
      Did hear that Klopp said it would cost too much to replace him.
      Three posts back mate. 😉

So the question still stands...  not 'why' but 'who' did Jürgen block from selling Sturridge?  [If the rumour is true] 🤔

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2017 10:58:39 am by bad boy bubby »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4230: Jul 02, 2017 11:24:15 am
      FSG brainwashing is working. Who cares about wages? We need a strong squad.
      Sorry mate but Danny is the weakest link (Bye Bye)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #4231: Jul 02, 2017 11:45:44 am
      Three posts back mate. 😉

So the question still stands...  not 'why' but 'who' did Jürgen block from selling Sturridge?  [If the rumour is true] 🤔

Missed that one buddy.
      The report I read specifically said "Liverpool have blocked the sale of Sturridg".
      As somebody else said worryingly enough, that statement is reminiscent of FSG's methods/economics.

As with the apology to Southampton over the VVD enquiry, the detail or the lack of as to who was supposedly responsible is obvious by its omission.

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2017 12:19:19 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply