Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 495457 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #4232: Jul 02, 2017 12:14:45 pm
      Starting to appear all over Twitter that Kopp has blocked any sale of Sturridge as he'd be too expensive to replace.

How long has he got left on his contract? 

I remember saying I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up staying.  Nobody is going to punt big money on him with his injury record over recent years, and I'm not sure he would get a contract elsewhere as lucrative as his contract one most likely is.

Whether he is happy being utilised for the domestic cups is another matter - maybe, just maybe, with it being World Cup year he might be able to convince himself to avoid as many injuries?  He's going to be 28 in a couple of months so this would likely be his last chance of featuring in a World Cup.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #4233: Jul 02, 2017 12:28:53 pm
      How long has he got left on his contract? 

I remember saying I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up staying.  Nobody is going to punt big money on him with his injury record over recent years, and I'm not sure he would get a contract elsewhere as lucrative as his contract one most likely is.

Whether he is happy being utilised for the domestic cups is another matter - maybe, just maybe, with it being World Cup year he might be able to convince himself to avoid as many injuries?  He's going to be 28 in a couple of months so this would likely be his last chance of featuring in a World Cup.

In other words his remaining is more beneficial to the player than the club.

Sturridge  was kept on the payroll purely as a financial exercise, his injury record would not be tolerated at any top flight club.

In the long term keeping him on is only a liability, that decision was surely not Klopps.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4234: Jul 02, 2017 12:29:26 pm
      The report is extremely vague so i will file it like 99% of the stuff i have read this summer under meh
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #4235: Jul 02, 2017 08:29:47 pm
      A fit Daniel Sturidge is a bloody good player to have at the club
      As we all have stated, it's all down to his history record and whether he can finally over come them
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4236: Jul 02, 2017 10:13:42 pm
      As a Manc I hope you keep him. If was a Liverpool supporter I'd get rid asap. I get tottaly gobsmacked the one that choose to keep him.  I've already stated why, just like so many Liverpool fans. Those that want him to stay because he's a asset??   :f_doh: :f_doh: :f_doh:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #4237: Jul 02, 2017 10:58:29 pm
      As a Manc I hope you keep him. If was a Liverpool supporter I'd get rid asap. I get tottaly gobsmacked the one that choose to keep him.  I've already stated why, just like so many Liverpool fans. Those that want him to stay because he's a asset??   :f_doh: :f_doh: :f_doh:

He is. How could you say other wise? Because of injuries? That still doesn't take away the brilliance he can show when healthy. I know it's a if if, but IF he stays healthy he can be border line world class at times. If we sell him now we wont get anything close to that on the return. He looks to have taking this off season serious and I think Klopp thinks his injuries may be in the past. Why not keep him as insurance? In all honesty it wont blow my mind if his production eclipses Bobby's with all the potential speed on the pitch this season. If nothing else we have a legit B team striker. I'm glad he's staying. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #4238: Jul 03, 2017 02:14:27 am

A fully fit Daniel Sturridge is easily one of the best strikers in the league.

I'd be happy to have him in our squad next season.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #4239: Jul 03, 2017 10:17:05 am
      maybe, just maybe, with it being World Cup year he might be able to convince himself to avoid as many injuries?  He's going to be 28 in a couple of months so this would likely be his last chance of featuring in a World Cup.

Sure, because you can avoid injuries using the power of your mind...  :lmao: What is this? Star Wars?

Mad isn't it that it's widely considered that his injuries are mostly in his head?

Widely considered? Was that after Gerrard came out with his utter drivel in his money scheming book?

Never has there been any evidence that Sturridge is lazy, moody, or that he makes up injuries, but some fans love to lap it up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #4240: Jul 03, 2017 11:37:46 am
      Sure, because you can avoid injuries using the power of your mind...  :lmao: What is this? Star Wars?

Widely considered? Was that after Gerrard came out with his utter drivel in his money scheming book?

Never has there been any evidence that Sturridge is lazy, moody, or that he makes up injuries, but some fans love to lap it up.

I don't know....he seems to have a lack of determination to just get on with it sometimes. Henderson and Can both played through very painful injuries.....Danny seems the type to have to feel 100% before he will give 100%. Think it was others that were saying that, not just Stevie.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4241: Jul 03, 2017 11:43:24 am
      A fully fit Daniel Sturridge is easily one of the best strikers in the league.

That has never been a doubt srslfc. We both know the other side though.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #4242: Jul 03, 2017 12:20:34 pm
      Sure, because you can avoid injuries using the power of your mind...

In every walk of life there are some people who will be off sick at the drop of a hat and some who will come into work coughing and spluttering all over the place.

Sturridge is definitely in the former.  I'm not saying you can avoid injuries, I'm just saying that some of his injuries are probably more likely niggles that other players would suffer less with.

Our current and former manager have questioned his, lets say, 'mental resilience' and they'd know more about it than any of us.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4243: Jul 03, 2017 12:26:26 pm
      Yes Keith I am sure you would like us to get rid of him for obvious reasons, but I would be reluctant to let the best striker in the Prem leave under any circumstances  ;)

Think you might have read my post incorrectly mate. As a United fan I want you to keep him simply coz it's another striker continually on a sick note so less options up front.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4244: Jul 03, 2017 04:14:06 pm
      My bad mate, still I don't really believe you want us to keep him  ;) Especially if he's fit when we face you.

More chance of us winning the lottery than him being fit for the United game.   ;D
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #4245: Jul 03, 2017 06:19:54 pm
      Think you might have read my post incorrectly mate. As a United fan I want you to keep him simply coz it's another striker continually on a sick note so less options up front.

I'm fairly new to this post so I have to ask, is it typical for other fans to come on here? Especially ones from Man-U-Suck?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4246: Jul 03, 2017 08:16:47 pm
      I'm fairly new to this post so I have to ask, is it typical for other fans to come on here? Especially ones from Man-U-Suck?

Keith is an exception to the rule, the fact that he has survived here for 3000 posts is a testament to himself more so than that so-called club he supports.

Straight shooter and respectful poster is Keith.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #4247: Jul 03, 2017 08:27:04 pm
      Keith is an exception to the rule, the fact that he has survived here for 3000 posts is a testament to himself more so than that so-called club he supports.

Thanks mate, I dig it. So friendly banner is allowed and what not?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4248: Jul 03, 2017 08:32:42 pm
      Thanks mate, I dig it. So friendly banner is allowed and what not?

Providing your not a disguised WUM   :D
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #4249: Jul 03, 2017 09:10:30 pm
      Providing your not a disguised WUM   :D

No worries there
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4250: Jul 03, 2017 10:43:53 pm
      Not commited enough to keep for me
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4251: Jul 04, 2017 07:18:57 am

Money scheming book?

Fancy trying to make money off a book ay?

They'll all be at it now.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4252: Jul 04, 2017 07:21:04 pm
      Think you might have read my post incorrectly mate. As a United fan I want you to keep him simply coz it's another striker continually on a sick note so less options up fr
      Rather have Sturridge for 20 games than Welcrap for 40. 29 goals in 142 games for Welbeck is just crap.  Sturridge played 119 games and scored 60. Welbeck makes Sturridge look like Messi.

Edit: Whoops, I forgot he went United to Arsenal not Arsenal to United.
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2017 07:26:05 pm by Ribapuru »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4253: Jul 04, 2017 11:47:27 pm
      29 goals in 142 games for Welbeck is just crap

Still amazes me how people bang on about his potential when he plays. Hes complete sh*te.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4254: Jul 05, 2017 12:47:24 am

Absolutely. Always enjoyed Keith's presence on this site especially on the f1 thread! Great poster.

Quick Reply