Trending Topics

Next match: Tranmere v LFC [Friendly] Thu 11th Jul @ 7:30 pm
      Prenton Park

Today is the 19th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Daniel Sturridge Player Thread

Read 298843 times
      fields of anny rd and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,850 posts | 2114 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #4925: Feb 26, 2019 09:21:53 am
      Hes finished now I think.

It would be nice if he could add something in games as a sub, but hes but rubbish since that chelsea worldie.

Yep. I said after the Wolves game I'd be happy to never see him start another game for us.

Totally shot.

One of my favourite players but he simply cannot function in our side anymore.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,282 posts | 293 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #4926: Feb 26, 2019 02:33:06 pm
      My problem with Danny is that when he comes on he drops too deep, when Firmino does it there is urgency and a forward-thinking mentality behind it, but with Danny it is lethargic and highly counterproductive.

I think his appearances would be more effective if he placed himself right on the opposing CB's and came short to interchange with the rest of the team, and on occasion make the runs in behind, doesn't necessarily need to be getting the ball for these runs but would help create space for the others.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,805 posts | 1952 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4927: Feb 27, 2019 03:54:31 pm
      With due to respect to him, he's offering nothing at the moment. He should not be given a new contract.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,933 posts | 814 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4928: May 05, 2019 02:02:52 pm
      Thought apart from a few good touches early on, offered nothing in a massive game for us vs Newcastle.
      Too big a drop in standard from our regular front three to Daniel.
      Looks like is trying to write cheques his body and ability can't cash anymore.
      Need to improve our backup options, and think Jürgen will in summer - in saying that, thought Studge would've been gone a couple of seasons back, so who knows.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,466 posts | 1209 
      Reply #4929: May 05, 2019 02:08:36 pm
      Thought apart from a few good touches early on, offered nothing in a massive game for us vs Newcastle.
      Too big a drop in standard from our regular front three to Daniel.
      Looks like is trying to write cheques his body and ability can't cash anymore.
      Need to improve our backup options, and think Jürgen will in summer - in saying that, thought Studge would've been gone a couple of seasons back, so who knows.

I will seriously question Klopp's sanity if he offers Stu a contract extension.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,430 posts | 604 
      Reply #4930: May 05, 2019 05:27:58 pm
      I will seriously question Klopp's sanity if he offers Stu a contract extension.

I've questioned why you've kept him for the last 3 years. ;D
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,886 posts | 2740 
      Reply #4931: May 05, 2019 06:31:59 pm

Offers more than Sanchez...😎
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,430 posts | 604 
      Reply #4932: May 05, 2019 06:54:19 pm
      Offers more than Sanchez...😎

Nar, 3 years wages more than £500k a week for a year  :f_whistle:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,790 posts | 3419 
      Reply #4933: May 05, 2019 07:15:11 pm
      He’s a player that needs to be playing regularly to integrate and make an impact. I just don’t think he will play regularly here.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,532 posts | 3152 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4934: May 05, 2019 11:37:07 pm
      Should have stuck that ball in the back of the net. Could not have been set up for him any better. Left peg, smash it in Danny, not into Row f**king Z.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,442 posts | 431 
      Reply #4935: May 06, 2019 12:21:38 pm
      Reckon he will be heavily involved in our next 2 games since it’s looking like Salah and Firmino are out.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,933 posts | 814 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4936: May 06, 2019 01:39:00 pm
      Should have stuck that ball in the back of the net. Could not have been set up for him any better. Left peg, smash it in Danny, not into Row f**king Z.

If he's not sticking those away, or at least hitting target, then he's not giving us enough cause he does almost nothing else these days :(
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,988 posts | 512 
      Reply #4937: May 06, 2019 01:48:00 pm
      He’s a player that needs to be playing regularly to integrate and make an impact. I just don’t think he will play regularly here.

Agree there.

You cannot expect Sturridge to come into this side (that is not set up for a Striker) and play his A game. He needs regular minutes. He needs opportunities to gel with the team, and importantly, they with him. Then we can judge him. These bit part roles that he plays are no real indication. As you say, he won't get that here. He hasn't. So he needs to be replaced.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,988 posts | 512 
      Reply #4938: May 06, 2019 01:51:20 pm

Which one? I don't recall seeing many misses - maybe 2? (stream did die briefly on a couple of occasions so it possible I missed it). However, Salah also missed badly, in particular the one where Sturridge was fuming that he did not pass it to him to score.

In any case, Sturridge generally misses his first couple of efforts. When you watch him, you'll see that he is one of those who likes to take shots to gauge the conditions, movement of the ball, and get his accuracy right. He'll miss a couple, and then start hitting the target. It's normal for him. That's why I was even more surprised with that screamer vs Chelsea as it was his first shot - and it was perfect. That's not usual for him at all.  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,790 posts | 3419 
      Reply #4939: May 06, 2019 02:15:57 pm
      Which one? I don't recall seeing many misses - maybe 2? (stream did die briefly on a couple of occasions so it possible I missed it). However, Salah also missed badly, in particular the one where Sturridge was fuming that he did not pass it to him to score.

In any case, Sturridge generally misses his first couple of efforts. When you watch him, you'll see that he is one of those who likes to take shots to gauge the conditions, movement of the ball, and get his accuracy right. He'll miss a couple, and then start hitting the target. It's normal for him. That's why I was even more surprised with that screamer vs Chelsea as it was his first shot - and it was perfect. That's not usual for him at all.  ;D

There was one that rolled right to him and he was dead center, he skyed it over the bar, it's a chance he was burying routinely back when he was playing with Suarez, Coutinho and Sterling. Although it was a pretty bad miss, I actually wasn't surprised because he really was almost trying to hard at times, trying to make an impact knowing his time is limited. I feel for the guy, but his injury history and his lack of a real pressing style of play meant he was likely never going to fit into this Klopp side. I still applaud him for keeping his head down though and never kicking up a fuss.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,174 posts | 1788 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4940: May 06, 2019 02:17:00 pm

Gauge the conditions   He isn't a f**king golfer
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,836 posts | 3465 
      Reply #4941: May 06, 2019 02:18:44 pm

There's a very simple answer to that, who would pay £20 - £30 million on a player who not even play half a season. Plus his wages would of scared some teams off.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,886 posts | 2740 
      Reply #4942: May 06, 2019 02:39:04 pm
      Gauge the conditions   He isn't a f**king golfer

Judging by his miss the other night the lad is not a good putter...but his shot did end up as a double bogey..
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,633 posts | 1847 
      Reply #4943: May 06, 2019 03:47:27 pm
      Reckon he will be heavily involved in our next 2 games since it’s looking like Salah and Firmino are out.

I really hope not
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,263 posts | 271 
      Reply #4944: May 06, 2019 05:15:09 pm

Bring your scoring boots, Danny! We'll need you to help break down Barcelona's defense.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,633 posts | 1847 
      Reply #4945: May 06, 2019 06:37:20 pm
      Bring your scoring boots, Danny! We'll need you to help break down Barcelona's defense.

If he starts we won't win, the most natural finisher in our team can't hit a barn door at the moment.
      I'd start Ox and Shaq behind Sadio.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,277 posts | 3324 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #4946: May 06, 2019 06:49:15 pm
      If he starts we won't win, the most natural finisher in our team can't hit a barn door at the moment.

That's a shout
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,886 posts | 2740 
      Reply #4947: May 06, 2019 07:04:17 pm

👍🏼
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,263 posts | 271 
      Reply #4948: May 06, 2019 07:10:45 pm

I don't see how Ox can give you 90 minutes or close to it. At best he's on the bench.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,805 posts | 1952 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4949: May 06, 2019 07:16:38 pm
      If Leicester do us a favour I would play 11 Sturridge, will not care about UCL but a big IF.

Quick Reply