Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494748 times
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #4094: May 09, 2017 02:01:11 am
      It's not just what we want, it's what the player wants. Does he want to drop down to a lower table club, most likely accept a pay cut, in return for playing as regularly as his body allows? Then there's what other clubs want. The likes of West Ham have been suggested as interested in him but can West Ham afford to spend money on a player that plays once a blue moon? Is a Chairman in charge of a club with limited funds really going to sign off on a player with Sturridge's persistent injury woes? This is a complex situation that may well end up being out of our hands.

West Ham signed Andy Carroll, pretty sure he is another sicknote. I said at the time when Sturridge was wanted for £28 million, by West Ham we should take it.

Sturridge on form WAS quality, now, he is, as many people will attest to, a waste of wages.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #4095: May 09, 2017 02:08:59 am
      Should be starting against West Ham. He and Adam were about the only offensive bright spots this weekend.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4096: May 12, 2017 11:59:52 am
      Posting on the West Ham Game tread when a thought just hit me... Harry Kewell spent a vast amount of he Liverpool carreer on the Injury list, before being move on....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/02/harry-kewell-liverpool

"The 31-year-old yesterday admitted to feeling "reborn in Galatasaray" where he has revived a career that stalled during five injury-plagued and inconsistent seasons on Merseyside. Kewell recently returned to Sydney for treatment on a groin injury that threatened to curtail what may prove his final season in Turkey, but is now only expected to sideline the midfielder for a fortnight. And his long-time agent, Bernie Mandic, says the treatment Kewell receives in Australia is a stark contrast to that on offer in England.

"The reason he gets treated out here now is because we have the best medical staff in the world," said Mandic. "He lost three and a half years of his career at Liverpool because the guys over there in England had, quite literally, no idea what they were talking about. You have to wonder what they're doing over there. Perhaps they're trying to protect their reputations, but they're certainly not trying to protect their players."

Bearing that in mind and since Torres move back to Spain he seems like a born again player (Injury wise, Recent one not withstanding) Could we not hold on to Sturridge and send him for treatment in Australia instead...?
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Reply #4097: May 12, 2017 06:35:10 pm
      5 years??

Was Harry here that long?  Didn't seem like it at the time.  Great player though.

Yep, send Daniel down under and get him back to 2013/14 fitness.  I don't disagree with the Aussie doc, it seems bonkers that some of our most talented lads get so many soft-tissue/strain/niggle type injuries in the EPL.  Too much gym?  Rushing back too soon?  Too much pressure?  There's got to be something wrong.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #4098: May 12, 2017 07:49:07 pm
      5 years??

Was Harry here that long?  Didn't seem like it at the time.  Great player though.

Yep, send Daniel down under and get him back to 2013/14 fitness.  I don't disagree with the Aussie doc, it seems bonkers that some of our most talented lads get so many soft-tissue/strain/niggle type injuries in the EPL.  Too much gym?  Rushing back too soon?  Too much pressure?  There's got to be something wrong.

It's simply the pace and intensity mate.

If you don't want to get injured too often go and play in Italy.

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Reply #4099: May 12, 2017 07:59:35 pm

I'll get bolloxed for this, I'm certain, but that's why we need to be looking at some of the lads playing in the EPL or even the Championship, just as much as overseas, because no league in France, Spain Italy or Germany compares to the intensity and physicality of our Premier league or Championship.  There are some excellent technical (and fit, and tough) players playing the Champ, who I'm sure would be terrific at top Prem clubs but who don't get a look in because of the league they play in.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4100: May 13, 2017 12:32:31 am
      Will start tomorrow!
      DanMann

• 5,744 posts | 882 
      Reply #4101: May 13, 2017 10:55:16 am
      Yeah, I see that Klopp is finally considering starting Sturridge for a match!!  :f_doh:

He must be out of options or something... oh yes, I see Firmino is a doubt. That makes sense then.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4102: May 13, 2017 11:59:55 am
      I'll get bolloxed for this, I'm certain, but that's why we need to be looking at some of the lads playing in the EPL or even the Championship, just as much as overseas, because no league in France, Spain Italy or Germany compares to the intensity and physicality of our Premier league or Championship.  There are some excellent technical (and fit, and tough) players playing the Champ, who I'm sure would be terrific at top Prem clubs but who don't get a look in because of the league they play in.
      Totally agree, just because a player start his career in the lower leagues it does not mean they are not real top quaility players
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4103: May 13, 2017 12:09:30 pm

Would agree but for sports like American football,Aussie Rules and Rugby are more physical than football and by their nature (being full contact) you are more likely to pick up Soft tissue injuries etc and yet both Australasian and American doctors seem to deal with these injuries a whole lot better than us, Yes the pace of the game may cause these injuries, but under our medical staff players being treated take longer to recover and the rate of recurrence of those injuries seem a lot higher 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #4104: May 13, 2017 12:15:47 pm
      Would agree but for sports like American football,Aussie Rules and Rugby are more physical than football and by their nature (being full contact) you are more likely to pick up Soft tissue injuries etc and yet both Australasian and American doctors seem to deal with these injuries a whole lot better than us, Yes the pace of the game may cause these injuries, but under our medical staff players being treated take longer to recover and the rate of recurrence of those injuries seem a lot higher 

Nonsence are you saying our medics and physios are not as good as those you mentioned.
      They all learn best practice from each other.

Just because we have some crocks who are continually injured it's not the fault of the medical team.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4105: May 13, 2017 03:00:46 pm
      Nonsence are you saying our medics and physios are not as good as those you mentioned.
      They all learn best practice from each other.

Just because we have some crocks who are continually injured it's not the fault of the medical team.
      Explain to me then why we (LFC) along with other Clubs have sent players to the State for treatment... Sure if as you say our medics and physios are as good, we would be treating them here in the U.K.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4106: May 13, 2017 03:13:06 pm
      Not saying that you are wrong when you say this, after all we are all different, some players bodies handle the physical side of things better than others, someone find that Marital arts training strength thier bodies so they can copy better than they other wise would, for some it is attributed to Yoga, and the flexibility it awards them in avoiding groin strains, pulled Hamstrings, and other muscle pulls etc...

When you say that " it's not the fault of the medical team." that's true the injuries are not down to them, But how they then treat that injury is...
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4107: May 13, 2017 04:26:13 pm
      Yeah, I see that Klopp is finally considering starting Sturridge for a match!!  :f_doh:

He must be out of options or something... oh yes, I see Firmino is a doubt. That makes sense then.

Stop being a pr**k.

How about its the first time he has looked fit enough to play 90 minutes in 4 months.
      DanMann

• 5,744 posts | 882 
      Reply #4108: May 13, 2017 06:51:39 pm
      How about its the first time he has looked fit enough to play 90 minutes in 4 months.

Yes Mr Klopp. Sure thing.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4109: May 14, 2017 02:50:28 am

You're w*nk mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #4110: May 14, 2017 11:39:28 am
      Fancy him to score today.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4111: May 14, 2017 02:08:31 pm

Me too mate. Let's hope he gets more then 1 then. 😉
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4112: May 14, 2017 04:25:39 pm
      Credit Danny, scoring the all important first, in style, heavily involved in 4th and generally gave us a little more guile than we've had recently.  And should have had a 2nd, Origi has to play him in for a certain 5th.
      Absolutely no doubting his ability.
      It's the other ability ... reliability... that will probably have him go in summer.
      Well done today though!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,970 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4113: May 14, 2017 04:30:31 pm
      Credit Danny, scoring the all important first, in style, heavily involved in 4th and generally gave us a little more guile than we've had recently.  And should have had a 2nd, Origi has to play him in for a certain 5th.
      Absolutely no doubting his ability.
      It's the other ability ... reliability... that will probably have him go in summer.
      Well done today though!

He played ok today but if I was a Liverpool fan he still has to go mate. He's a Hargreaves in disguised. Get what you can as he has the legs of a China set of cups/plates.
      DanMann

• 5,744 posts | 882 
      Reply #4114: May 14, 2017 04:30:38 pm

Did you watch the match mate? That moment when LFC fans realise they are utterly wrong.. again.

Finally fit enough to play 90 minutes hey?  :lmao: Guy was on fire. Clearly fitness was never an issue and it is our loss that we've neglected him time and time again.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017 05:45:30 pm by DanMann »
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1273 
      Reply #4115: May 14, 2017 06:09:28 pm
      He stays for me.

Unbelievable how much more threatening we were with him in the side rather than the increasingly ineffective Lucas.

No brainer about next week.
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #4116: May 14, 2017 06:27:08 pm
      Why do some "Liverpool fans" are there in the RedCafe ATTACKING LIVERPOOL PLAYERS???????

I think if you have inferiority complex, you should try an alternative approuch: just shut up.

Some are just PATHETITC....creating accounts there in the RedCafe only to try be friends with United fans by mocking Liverpool players, like repugnant BETA MALES.

Man..this is why you are more civilized in europe..in south america we would never accept this kind of REPULSIVE TRAITOR.

I think if you have an account there and you see A JUDAS attacking the players, you should AT LEAST defend the boys.

Quick Reply