Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 493961 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #4117: May 14, 2017 06:50:30 pm
      He stays for me.

Unbelievable how much more threatening we were with him in the side rather than the increasingly ineffective Lucas.

No brainer about next week.

Seriously, another attack on Lucas? ;D. Had no idea Lucas has been playing up front for us.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #4118: May 14, 2017 06:55:25 pm
      Did you watch the match mate? That moment when LFC fans realise they are utterly wrong.. again.

Finally fit enough to play 90 minutes hey?  :lmao: Guy was on fire. Clearly fitness was never an issue and it is our loss that we've neglected him time and time again.

Neglected him?

Nothing to do with Sturridge being injured 90% of the time no?  :roll:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4119: May 14, 2017 07:02:31 pm
      He stays for me.

Unbelievable how much more threatening we were with him in the side rather than the increasingly ineffective Lucas.

No brainer about next week.

At least he's constantly available unlike Sturridge.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #4120: May 14, 2017 08:21:53 pm
      Neglected him?

Nothing to do with Sturridge being injured 90% of the time no?  :roll:

He's not been injured 90% of the time. Although, '90%' sounds about right for the percentage of times that he has not been selected whilst fit.  ;)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #4121: May 14, 2017 10:16:36 pm
      At least he's constantly available unlike Sturridge.

Absolute sh*te the last few weeks though. Not a match winner in a time when we're crying out for a match winner.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4122: May 14, 2017 11:12:16 pm
      Did you watch the match mate? That moment when LFC fans realise they are utterly wrong.. again.

Finally fit enough to play 90 minutes hey?  :lmao: Guy was on fire. Clearly fitness was never an issue and it is our loss that we've neglected him time and time again.

Fitness never an issue, have you lived in a cave for the last few years
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4123: May 14, 2017 11:17:58 pm
      Can't see us letting him go if we base things on today's performance, but can he keep it up? Remains to be seen.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4124: May 15, 2017 02:20:34 am
      Well done Studgey!

No pressure there lad.

Haven't been called upon, then when we're up against it and need the win you're forced into the game and produce the goods.

Seems his parting gift will be to fire us to CL qualification.

While many don't appreciate your 'style' coz ya know, hard work and running around is all en vogue now, there's plenty of us who do.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4125: May 15, 2017 03:08:45 am

What?

Your not making sense there mate.

As I said first time he's been fit enough to play 90 and he proved to be technically it was 85 minutes.

You making it look like some conspiracy that Jürgen hasn't played him makes you look a bit silly.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4126: May 15, 2017 07:27:40 am

Yeh Coutinho and Lallana were getting a disproportionate amount of Klopp hugs 😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4127: May 15, 2017 10:57:59 am
      Loved his goal,. made up he got to start today and he looked terrific.

One thing that scares me when he scores though, is the thought of him doing a hand or arm or back or neck injury whilst doing the Sturridge dance and then being out for a while.  :D :D

Needs to tone it down a bit.  :laugh:

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4128: May 15, 2017 02:49:49 pm
      Don't go into hiding now DanMann having read Sturridges comments after the game.

Told you that you were talking sh*te.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #4129: May 15, 2017 07:19:17 pm
      Don't go into hiding now DanMann having read Sturridges comments after the game.

“The manager has shown faith in me and we have a good relationship as well,” Sturridge said.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4130: May 15, 2017 10:34:48 pm
      “The manager has shown faith in me and we have a good relationship as well,” Sturridge said.
      That will do for me or anyone who has no agenda to push.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4131: May 16, 2017 10:05:26 am
      Sturridge is a Striker , Origi and Firminho are not. The way Sturridge took that goal after being out for so long and the way he was making intelligent runs between their CB's getting into great positions shows his worth to the team.
       Contrast his performance with Origi's  who was completely clueless , showing poor first touches , too many touches , being shrugged off the ball with ease and then finally not playing Sturridge in for the fifth ( CL could come down to goal difference ) taking the shot too far out and hitting it straight at the keeper . He looked like he had hadn't played for 9 weeks.

So we are not seriously going to let Sturridge go and keep Origi ? Madness if that happens.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #4132: May 16, 2017 10:13:35 am
      Sturridge is a Striker , Origi and Firminho are not. The way Sturridge took that goal after being out for so long and the way he was making intelligent runs between their CB's getting into great positions shows his worth to the team.
       Contrast his performance with Origi's  who was completely clueless , showing poor first touches , too many touches , being shrugged off the ball with ease and then finally not playing Sturridge in for the fifth ( CL could come down to goal difference ) taking the shot too far out and hitting it straight at the keeper . He looked like he had hadn't played for 9 weeks.

So we are not seriously going to let Sturridge go and keep Origi ? Madness if that happens.

We all know Stu's qualities he's a top class striker.

BUT he cannot be relied upon to string even 3 consecutive games together.

We need a top class striker who can play consistently injury free.

We haven't had one since Luis left.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #4133: May 16, 2017 10:22:33 am
      In an ideal world you keep Sturridge and go and sign another reliable forward who suits the system (Lacazette for me) but I just don't see FSG allowing Jürgen to keep a 150k a week player around when he'll probably only play 20 times a season.

I think a City, Chelsea or United wouldn't hesitate to keep him but we'll more than likely cash in.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4134: May 16, 2017 10:32:44 am
      Sincerely hope Danny is with us next season, natural striker that not scores goals but also helps creates them.

Natural.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #4135: May 16, 2017 11:33:06 am
      Danny is adamant he has a good relationship with Jürgen and has no worries about his future at LFC:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/daniel-sturridge-transfer-liverpool-update-10428547
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #4136: May 16, 2017 11:38:47 am

:lmao:

Let me just read that statement again:

“The manager has shown faith in me and we have a good relationship as well,”

Hold on. Let that sink in.

Umm, no. Doesn't in any way contradict what I have been saying. Did Sturridge say "I've been unfit, so I don't deserve to start games" ?? or did he say "I'm not fit enough to play more than 10 to 20 minutes off the bench" ??

Go on. Research that for me and come back and report. Hiding from you? for that statement? Hilarious lad.  :laugh:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4137: May 16, 2017 12:14:46 pm
      Should Klopp decide to keep Sturridge as soon as the final whistle goes on the final day LFC should stick him on a plane to either Australia or the States and get him sorted, No per-season game, just physio, get him fit again and in working order even if it take a quarter of the season, get it done
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4138: May 16, 2017 12:29:14 pm
      Should Klopp decide to keep Sturridge as soon as the final whistle goes on the final day LFC should stick him on a plane to either Australia or the States and get him sorted, No per-season game, just physio, get him fit again and in working order even if it take a quarter of the season, get it done

i agree he needs rebuilding and strengthening, if we can get him injury free and fit and strong then we have one hell of a striker on our hands, but that is pure fantasy, he will always have these injury issues, he's just one of those players so we should sell him and get a top top striker signed. It is clear as day that we need a real goal machine up front an instinctive finisher.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #4139: May 16, 2017 12:46:12 pm
      We would surely be getting rid of Ings who has in effect been a bigger sick note than Sturridge not available for two years!

Use his £60K a week to supplement a top striker.
      Sturridge can be kept for playing against the bottom feeders and in this case might just stay injury free.

Origi 3rd choice plus Firmino and U23 talent can supplement.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2017 01:13:51 pm by HScRed1 »

Quick Reply