Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 491385 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #4163: May 25, 2017 03:53:48 pm
      What injury? He lit it up in Sydney
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4164: May 25, 2017 05:30:56 pm
      Hmm... Do any of you reckon Jürgen is telling lies regarding Danny.   :confused-smiley-013:

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4165: May 25, 2017 09:28:37 pm
      Hmm... Do any of you reckon Jürgen is telling lies regarding Danny.   :confused-smiley-013:

I think he might be Mouse.

Nothing this season has suggested to me that Jürgen sees Danny in his long term plans.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4166: May 25, 2017 09:36:35 pm
      Poll added.   :roll:

Difficult one this, as when he is fit, he's vital, but these spells are few and far between.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #4167: May 25, 2017 09:51:16 pm

He's not injured again, he's been playing through the pain barrier because still carrying the persistent hip problem and is set to have surgery on it this Summer.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #4168: May 26, 2017 06:56:51 am
      i'm surprised people are still attached to him. he's been injured so damn much for so damn long that how can anyone still be attached and have this idea that "when he gets fit again he'll be great", he's like daniel agger, you just have to cut your losses as painful as it might be because even though they seem absolutely ideal they just weren't reliable enough. that's it for me. sell him to someone who will pay outrageous amounts for someone who will be fit for 15 games max - like we'll do with sakho.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4169: May 26, 2017 07:31:21 am
      Fantastic first 45 minutes from Daniel in the Sydney match. Wish we could have him fit for at least every Premier League game next season. If that was the case, I reckon we'd go damn close to winning it. Stay fit for one season Danny.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4170: May 26, 2017 08:35:12 am
      I'm surprised people believe Jürgen is a Danny convert. There's been lots of occasions when Sturridge has been as fit as you're ever going to get him and thd boss has selected Divok ahead of him. Wouldn't be my choice personally obviously, but surely it's fair to say Jürgen rates Origi as the better player in his system.

If that is no longer the case, then one or more of the following must be true:

a) Jürgen has been under the misconception for the best part of two seasons that Origi is better (he isn't obviously). In believing this, he has f***** up and cost us games. Fortunately now he has seen the light and as with the weak squad thing, is now happy to admit he was wrong.

b) Jürgen has belatedly seen the light snd realises that against bus parkers, having players who are good at putting tackles in and pressing is less important than having players who cause goals to be scored. Blahdie blahdie blah on the admitting he was wrong/cost us points stuff.

The second one is more likely (infact I'm certain it IS the case, unlike the drum bangers I have more faith in Jürgen than thinking he's thick). Even so, my feeling us that the sudden "positivity" about Sturridge is to encourage bids for him.

Jürgen did much the same with Benteke and it did the trick there. In fairness to the boss he was fulsome in his praise when the big man scored twice against us at Anfield too. Top man Jürgen.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #4171: May 26, 2017 09:09:04 am
      I'm surprised people believe Jürgen is a Danny convert. There's been lots of occasions when Sturridge has been as fit as you're ever going to get him and thd boss has selected Divok ahead of him. Wouldn't be my choice personally obviously, but surely it's fair to say Jürgen rates Origi as the better player in his system.

If that is no longer the case, then one or more of the following must be true:

a) Jürgen has been under the misconception for the best part of two seasons that Origi is better (he isn't obviously). In believing this, he has f***** up and cost us games. Fortunately now he has seen the light and as with the weak squad thing, is now happy to admit he was wrong.

b) Jürgen has belatedly seen the light snd realises that against bus parkers, having players who are good at putting tackles in and pressing is less important than having players who cause goals to be scored. Blahdie blahdie blah on the admitting he was wrong/cost us points stuff.

The second one is more likely (infact I'm certain it IS the case, unlike the drum bangers I have more faith in Jürgen than thinking he's thick). Even so, my feeling us that the sudden "positivity" about Sturridge is to encourage bids for him.

Jürgen did much the same with Benteke and it did the trick there. In fairness to the boss he was fulsome in his praise when the big man scored twice against us at Anfield too. Top man Jürgen.

Or for the football experts sitting behind they're keyboards it may simply be the case he has not been fit and even when he was given game time early in the season Sturridge was ineffective.

Seems to be a lot of  unemployed UEFA pro coaches on this forum  :roll:

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4172: May 26, 2017 10:19:25 am
      Nah I doubt that mate. No for me, as I say, I have lots of faith that Jürgen knows what he's doing. If he REALLY rated Danny as much as he's now makjng out, he'd have played him in front of Origj more often (Sturridge "ineffective", like Divok wasn't  :lmao:).

No, Jürgen wants rid. Fair enough by me too, as if anyone cares.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4173: May 26, 2017 10:34:27 am
      Nah I doubt that mate. No for me, as I say, I have lots of faith that Jürgen knows what he's doing. If he REALLY rated Danny as much as he's now makjng out, he'd have played him in front of Origj more often (Sturridge "ineffective", like Divok wasn't  :lmao:).

No, Jürgen wants rid. Fair enough by me too, as if anyone cares.

Agree.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #4174: May 26, 2017 11:54:56 am
      i'm surprised people are still attached to him. he's been injured so damn much for so damn long that how can anyone still be attached and have this idea that "when he gets fit again he'll be great", he's like daniel agger, you just have to cut your losses as painful as it might be because even though they seem absolutely ideal they just weren't reliable enough. that's it for me. sell him to someone who will pay outrageous amounts for someone who will be fit for 15 games max - like we'll do with sakho.

It's not as simple as cutting your losses. First and foremost is his undeniable talent. It'd take upwards of £50 million to attract a player of similar quality to the club, assuming they'd even want to join which is questionable. So then you have to weigh that against the prospect of his problems potentially being cleared by surgery. What on earth is the point in getting rid of him only for his problems to be solved and find we've let go one of the best striking talents in Europe? Look at what we're left with? Ings and Origi, one who has spent even more time injured since he joined, the other who has had a lukewarm season at best. People like me aren't attached to him, we simply recognise the complexity of the situation. Recruit someone better and I'll have no problem seeing him go but I do not want the usual FSG bollocks of letting talent go and keeping inexperienced, under-talented, overpriced youth.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4175: May 27, 2017 10:58:36 am
      I chose sell but only if we find a much better striker, if not I would hold on to him. His quality is massive but either his mentality or fitness wise, he must improve.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4176: May 27, 2017 11:17:51 am
      Personally I'd keep him.

Don't think that's going to happen though
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4177: May 27, 2017 12:15:40 pm
      I chose sell but only if we find a much better striker

What i've been saying all along.

He's our best natural striker and finisher. You don't sell that unless you bring in someone better.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #4178: May 27, 2017 12:43:47 pm

He's our best natural striker and finisher. You don't sell that unless you bring in someone better.

Exactly. We often read of fans wanting to get rid of Sturridge but few offer a real suggestion of the better player who we will bring in.

Reverse the priority. Get the quality striker. Then, and only then consider whether we should move Sturridge on.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4179: May 27, 2017 12:50:04 pm

Lacazette, Aubameyang, Suarez, D.Costa, Aguero, Kane, Lewandowski, Griezmann, Mbappe, Jesus? and possibly Sanchez and Dybala if you want to count them as strikers, could probably add Zlatan there too.

So, which striker is available on that list?
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #4180: May 27, 2017 11:41:09 pm

That's what its all about.

Which top Striker are Liverpool actually going to bring in?

I can see the situation where we (so eagerly) ditch Sturridge, and then start the season with Firmino as our main Striker, and Origi as back up. Yay!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #4181: May 27, 2017 11:53:02 pm
      Looking at the bare facts Sturridge will be available for half of a season, that's based on his career stats. In which case there is enough strikers who can replace him but depends on FSG wanting to spend money.
      Timo Werner, Andrea Belotti outside of the usual mentioned names.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4182: May 28, 2017 12:00:33 am
      Lacazette, Aubameyang, Suarez, D.Costa, Aguero, Kane, Lewandowski, Griezmann, Mbappe, Jesus? and possibly Sanchez and Dybala if you want to count them as strikers, could probably add Zlatan there too.

F**k it .

Get the lot !
       ;D

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4183: May 28, 2017 10:52:20 am

Available: Lacazette, Aubameyang, Suarez, D.Costa, Aguero, Kane, Lewandowski, Griezmann, Mbappe, Jesus? and possibly Sanchez and Dybala if you want to count them as strikers, could probably add Zlatan there too.

From those only Lacazette can be bought. Griezmann and Mdappe are too expensive to get them. Maybe Werner and Belotti but not the same level as the others.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #4184: May 28, 2017 11:15:33 am
      Just keep him and buy another top top striker
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4185: May 28, 2017 11:28:47 am
      Available: Lacazette, Aubameyang, Suarez, D.Costa, Aguero, Kane, Lewandowski, Griezmann, Mbappe, Jesus? and possibly Sanchez and Dybala if you want to count them as strikers, could probably add Zlatan there too.

From those only Lacazette can be bought. Griezmann and Mdappe are too expensive to get them. Maybe Werner and Belotti but not the same level as the others.

Then we should get Lacazette!! And buy his french mate, Mendy, keep Sakho and all will be well, then ring up Dug Costa and tell him he'll be playing along side Mane, Lacazette, Firmino and Coutinho. The 2 Brazilians will ring him up and convince him too!! When those players come in, Keita & VVD will see what we are building and hand in a transfer request and we'll end up getting them for cheap, like , 25m ish!!!

Simple!!!!

Quick Reply