Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 491483 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #4761: Aug 13, 2018 12:11:12 am
      So today the man netted his 64th Liverpool goal, surpassing John Aldridge's 63.

That is some F***ing achievement when you consider how highly Aldo is rated by those who were lucky enough to see him play.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #4762: Aug 13, 2018 10:45:51 am
      A natural finisher...im so made up for him.
      Like everybody else, i just pray that Danny stays fit this season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4763: Aug 13, 2018 12:45:21 pm

just 3 seconds from the ball being live though wasn't it. either way I think everyone is just delighted for the lad and hope its one of many this season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4764: Aug 13, 2018 03:38:05 pm

Well lets start the banter/rub downs  here  ;D 1 second to get injured  :f_whistle:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4765: Aug 13, 2018 11:21:54 pm
      Well lets start the banter/rub downs  here  ;D 1 second to get injured  :f_whistle:

F**k off Keith  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #4766: Aug 14, 2018 06:25:50 pm
      He is at the point of his career, as someone earlier said, that he has to fight through the little knocks and twinges.

I love watching him play when he is fit.  He’s a joy to watch. 

I like him as an impact sub.  I also think he would help against the bus parkers . 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4767: Aug 15, 2018 03:29:50 pm
      Brilliant to see him back at his best...possibly beyond his previous best.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4768: Aug 15, 2018 06:15:37 pm
      I just hope for one season where he can play through some pain, give 100% to the team, because I think if he can then this could be our year.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #4769: Aug 15, 2018 07:01:44 pm
      for me a fit sturridge is world class player, if we had him in champion league final last year we could won that game
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #4770: Sep 16, 2018 11:29:30 pm
      Such a conundrum. Seems to have gone backwards since preseason. Was looking back to his very best at start of August, but yesterday's 20mins performance seemed to lack effort and energy...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4771: Sep 16, 2018 11:34:44 pm
      Such a conundrum. Seems to have gone backwards since preseason. Was looking back to his very best at start of August, but yesterday's 20mins performance seemed to lack effort and energy...

Bit hash to go judging Sturridge, playing at Wembley and all that, plus he's a very different player to our front three, he doesn't go pressing as much as the main front free.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4772: Sep 16, 2018 11:44:35 pm

Thought he did okay, used his experience to win a couple of free kicks, to say he has gone backwards since preseason is very harsh
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #4773: Sep 17, 2018 01:35:21 am

:f_doh:

Just totally shocked by that perception.

Hardly had minutes since the pre-season, and yet what we have seen of him has been good. vs Tottenham was no different. Held up play and good game management when given the chance, but hardly had a touch of the ball. Not his fault.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4774: Sep 17, 2018 07:39:07 am
      :f_doh:

Just totally shocked by that perception.

Hardly had minutes since the pre-season, and yet what we have seen of him has been good. vs Tottenham was no different. Held up play and good game management when given the chance, but hardly had a touch of the ball. Not his fault.

I agree he's been ok the times he's played but he could have done better at blocking Lamella's shot, turning your back like he did is not good enough.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #4775: Sep 17, 2018 09:07:15 am
      I agree he's been ok the times he's played but he could have done better at blocking Lamella's shot, turning your back like he did is not good enough.
      Agreed,it pisses me off when I see one of our players turn his arse into the ball to block it but I'm not singling Danny out as I've seen plenty of players do it,I imagine it must be better to get a whack in the arse than a whack in the sack. :lmao:
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #4776: Sep 17, 2018 09:13:47 am
      He came on for Bobby and you'd expect him to at least press their central defenders some bit but he didn't. I understand its not his game but surely it was instructed to him.

Would rather Shaqiri through the middle tbh as first sub in that situation because at least he will chase and disrupt.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #4777: Sep 17, 2018 10:06:49 am
      Thought he did okay, used his experience to win a couple of free kicks, to say he has gone backwards since preseason is very harsh

Very harsh and entirely undeserved.
      He came on and no doubt received a word in the ear as to his attitude and application in the remainder of a scrappy game where the priority was retaining a one goal advantage.

If Studge took it upon himself to teararse about leaving gaps that may have lead to an equaliser Jürgen would be not to pleases .
      Undeserved criticism as you point out.
      « Last Edit: Sep 17, 2018 03:35:44 pm by stuey »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4778: Sep 17, 2018 12:58:50 pm
      Sturridge has high returns per minute. He is doing his job as an impact sub. We'll need him longer tomorrow though.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4779: Sep 17, 2018 01:26:38 pm
      He came on for Bobby and you'd expect him to at least press their central defenders some bit but he didn't. I understand its not his game but surely it was instructed to him.

Would rather Shaqiri through the middle tbh as first sub in that situation because at least he will chase and disrupt.

I think the point of Studge coming on was that he tends to play on the shoulder of the last defender, which naturally makes them drop a bit deeper, and which then causes a bit of a disconnect between defense and midfield, which in turn makes it easier for us to press and more difficult for them to build pressure.

Put another way, if their lines are less compact and more spaced out, they have less chance to score because it's easier to defend against them.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #4780: Sep 17, 2018 01:38:34 pm
      Should’ve done better for the goal on Saturday but hard to criticise him in open play so far.

Overall we’re yet to see evidence of the strength of the squad in the final 3rd.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4781: Sep 17, 2018 04:05:58 pm
      Thought he did well and hard to judge when he's getting spare minutes most days. As mentioned, he held the ball up well and used his experience to draw some free kicks and tick seconds off the clock. Could have had a goal if not for Mane's selfishness so i think he has done well when he has come on.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4782: Sep 17, 2018 04:08:01 pm
      and its unfair to call out Sturridge on the Lamela goal when it was a collective failure.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4783: Sep 17, 2018 04:27:15 pm
      and its unfair to call out Sturridge on the Lamela goal when it was a collective failure.

I won't judge him since it didn't cost us. That is my reasoning in football. I may be wrong but that is my God.

Quick Reply