Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 491427 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #4807: Sep 29, 2018 08:01:59 pm
      Wages, constant surgery/doctors fees. No stilability in team and just total frustration as a fan. Can't even see him scoring 10 goals. Said time and time again his quality is there for all to see but you just know when he gets tackled you cringe at the thought how long is he out this time. Owners should cash in soon as possible.

Still counting mate. 4 goals by end of September.. with hardly any game time.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4808: Sep 29, 2018 08:03:37 pm
      if he could stay fit and healthy what a bonus he could be he could actually be pivotal in us winning the league
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4809: Sep 29, 2018 08:43:36 pm
      A F***ing stunning goal full stop end of thank you
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4810: Sep 29, 2018 10:39:19 pm
      Still counting mate. 4 goals by end of September.. with hardly any game time.  ;D

Another arkive man.  :lmao: Nothing changed, his class never in doubt like I've said many times. Being a bench warmer even he should struggle to get injured coming on for 5 mins.  ;D Great goal though.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #4811: Sep 30, 2018 02:02:45 am
      Brilliant goal! So happy for him, he does seem to be enjoying his football again and the squad is showing a real togetherness.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4812: Sep 30, 2018 05:21:04 am
      Hope he turns into our super sub and score freely when he is on. :)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4813: Sep 30, 2018 08:21:01 am
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #4814: Sep 30, 2018 10:05:38 am
      We've all seen some cracking goals in our time ( some of us more than others ) but F**k me Danny's is right up there.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #4815: Sep 30, 2018 10:49:05 am
      Stu really does have his mojo back.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4816: Sep 30, 2018 11:16:53 am
      Again , mixed emotions with studge, joy mixed with thoughts about what coould have been, just hope keeps it up and southgate stays away.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #4817: Sep 30, 2018 04:23:04 pm
      I'm happy for the goal and would like to say thank you to Sturridge.  As I'm complain a lot in recent few years about the club not sell him only reason I never believe he will fully recover his fitness and play many games. Now he's fit for some long time and hope that continue. Here I'm happy to back him to the great he deserve and wishes him the best of his health and help us to the success.   
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4818: Sep 30, 2018 08:25:23 pm
      Look at that pace and agility, I actually forgotten how good he was!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDFz19Dd6lA

Imagine if Sturridge could have stayed injury free, he would have been up there with the likes of, Aguero, Suarez and Lewandowski :(
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #4819: Sep 30, 2018 11:13:25 pm
      We still have that Sturridge. Agreed, he's lost some pace.. but he can still go quick, he's got the skills, and the unbelievable scoring ability.

What he needs is game time. All pre-season he was constantly talking about "minutes", and its true. He knows it. He wants it.

Give him game time, and we will see his confidence surge, and his skill and goals will flow. What he has now is a bit part role, a few minutes here and there, a run out in a B team... it's just not enough. Sadly, I'm not convinced he will get it.

Sturridge will get one run (maybe a start in an important match), and he will be quickly criticised for failing to score, or he will get taken off again part way through.   
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4820: Oct 01, 2018 03:13:42 pm
      We still have that Sturridge. Agreed, he's lost some pace.. but he can still go quick, he's got the skills, and the unbelievable scoring ability.

What he needs is game time. All pre-season he was constantly talking about "minutes", and its true. He knows it. He wants it.

Give him game time, and we will see his confidence surge, and his skill and goals will flow. What he has now is a bit part role, a few minutes here and there, a run out in a B team... it's just not enough. Sadly, I'm not convinced he will get it.

Sturridge will get one run (maybe a start in an important match), and he will be quickly criticised for failing to score, or he will get taken off again part way through.   

Would you play Sturridge week in, week out like how Firmino did for us last season? Would you not be concerned about his fitness?

I personally wouldn't get carried away and keep him as a backup player throughout the season regardless of how well he plays or not.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #4821: Oct 01, 2018 05:21:27 pm

In fairness, he did start the game against PSG and I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts against Napoli on Wednesday.

Regarding his goal, really unusual technique to hit across goal with that kind of finesse. He hit the bar with a very similar kind of shot in the closing stages of the cup tie against Chelsea. Expect to see a few more of those throughout the season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #4822: Oct 01, 2018 05:27:55 pm
      Certainly should be involved, in the game, one way or another. He has the ability to score some spectacular goals !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4823: Oct 01, 2018 07:18:54 pm
      I see him as a different player now. Not one who is going to tear away on the counter like Salah and Mane anymore.

His strength these days is a little bit deeper playing little passes or dribbling across the opponents defence with his tight ball control and dragging them out of positions.

From there he can shoot or play people in.

He still gets in the box when the ball goes wide and he still has those instincts to score goals. He still has a little burst over short distances that can earn him time to get a shot off.

He's a good option and I'm glad we have him. Sometimes running fast doesn't quite cut it and he has some guile that is very welcome from off the bench.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #4824: Oct 01, 2018 10:00:02 pm
      I seem to remember his first goal with us was away at City when he joined that January.  Of course the goals were very different but that one was similar in that it was out of nothing, totally flat footed, no back lift, just randomly decided to shoot.

Watching him and Suarez link up was a real privilege. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4825: Oct 01, 2018 10:01:11 pm
      I remember him on loan at Bolton he was just a force of nature their
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #4826: Oct 01, 2018 11:07:30 pm
      In fairness, he did start the game against PSG and I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts against Napoli on Wednesday.

Regarding his goal, really unusual technique to hit across goal with that kind of finesse. He hit the bar with a very similar kind of shot in the closing stages of the cup tie against Chelsea. Expect to see a few more of those throughout the season.

I fully expected him to not score with that shot. Not because he can't do it, but because he typically misses the first couple of attempts whilst he adjusts his technique to the conditions - range, dip, wind, goalkeeper.. but that one he got perfect first time!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4827: Oct 03, 2018 06:37:30 am
      Keeps on proving he’s still got what it takes to be part of the team. Keep it going lad! 4 goals now?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #4828: Oct 03, 2018 02:29:06 pm
      Is it me or is every single goal a thing of beauty? Unbelievable finishing from Danny Sturridge.

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1047375446323732480?s=21
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #4829: Oct 03, 2018 02:33:32 pm
      Is it me or is every single goal a thing of beauty? Unbelievable finishing from Danny Sturridge.

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1047375446323732480?s=21
      Particularly the chip’s against West Brom and the bitters and, of course, that tap in against Chelsea.

Quick Reply