Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Awesome Performance tonight, who was your man of the match?

Luis Suarez
      90 (68.2%)
      Raheem Sterling
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (6.1%)
      Steven Gerrard
      28 (21.2%)
      Pepe Reina
      2 (1.5%)
      Stewart Downing
      2 (1.5%)
      Someone else?
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland: In-game and post-match waffling

Read 28996 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland: In-game and post-match waffling
      Reply #529: Jan 02, 2013 10:12:19 pm
      To add to this, he played 88 passes all game with 92% of them finding their target. Amazing.

Amazing indeed.

I'm with you Res.

Best player on the pitch tonight.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #530: Jan 02, 2013 10:12:27 pm
      Pass of the season.....forget that, pass of the century !!!

Quality pass, shame it went to that lad that just isn't a goalscorer.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #531: Jan 02, 2013 10:12:48 pm
      Great to have back to back victories, looking forward to seeing the highlights on MOTD tonight. It would have been great to have scored a couple more goals though.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #532: Jan 02, 2013 10:17:04 pm
      Great to have back to back victories, looking forward to seeing the highlights on MOTD tonight. It would have been great to have scored a couple more goals though.

MotD on tonight?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #533: Jan 02, 2013 10:18:13 pm

11:05 on BBC 1 mate
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #534: Jan 02, 2013 10:19:54 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #535: Jan 02, 2013 10:23:47 pm
      That your finest Charlie Adam impression Mouse?

:laugh:

I could hoke out an old post and do my 'told you so' impression instead Luke but it's ugly viewing.  ???

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #536: Jan 02, 2013 10:25:59 pm
      Gerrard's pass was immense but so was Suarez's control of the ball, very good indeed. Give that pass to a lesser player like Andy Carroll and you probably wouldn't get anything from it.

Voted Suarez for MOTM but I agree it's a difficult choice between Luisito and the captain
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #537: Jan 02, 2013 10:27:15 pm
      I think it's on LFCTV at midnight , at least that's what the programmer is saying.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #538: Jan 02, 2013 10:32:03 pm
      Gerrard's pass was immense but so was Suarez's control of the ball, very good indeed. Give that pass to a lesser player like Andy Carroll and you probably wouldn't get anything from it.

Voted Suarez for MOTM but I agree it's a difficult choice between Luisito and the captain

Well for starters Carroll aka Plan B would not have been in Suarez's position in the first place....probably way back on the half way line!
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #539: Jan 02, 2013 10:33:35 pm
      Buzzing after that performance and result tonight.

I'm torn when it comes to MOTM. I'm giving it to Luis, just ahead of Stevie, because he ran his heart out all night as though we were losing and trying to get back into a game instead of winning comfortably.
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #540: Jan 02, 2013 10:38:22 pm
      Buzzing.

Good job we've run into a bit of form...next 3 away games in prem, scum, arse and City....
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #541: Jan 02, 2013 10:46:29 pm
      Buzzing.

Good job we've run into a bit of form...next 3 away games in prem, scum, arse and City....

Should be winning them, to be perfectly honest.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #542: Jan 02, 2013 10:49:44 pm
      Jan Molby BBC Radio 5 live at Anfield

"Liverpool were at it from the go and they took their chances.
      The second half was an exhibition and they are starting to look a good team.
      They still need to bring in some players though.
      The system that Liverpool try to play gives the players confidence. Some will not be good enough and they look better players than they are. Glen Johnson is excellent, Steven Gerrard is coming back to his best and they have Luis Suarez."

MsGerrard
      Reply #543: Jan 02, 2013 10:57:01 pm

Sublime Sean, just wonderful to see xx
      MsGerrard
      Reply #544: Jan 02, 2013 11:00:56 pm
      Its wonderful to read all the match comments, no negativity, no bickering, just great positive comments.

Wish we played like this every game, the forum would be a much nicer place to be xxx

I love you all  :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #545: Jan 02, 2013 11:02:15 pm
      Its wonderful to read all the match comments, no negativity, no bickering, just great positive comments.

Wish we played like this every game, the forum would be a much nicer place to be xxx

It is good to see Cas.

Loved watching the lads tonight and most enjoyable game of the season for me.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #546: Jan 02, 2013 11:07:27 pm

Isn't it wonderful Cas, the world is beautiful .  :laugh:
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #547: Jan 02, 2013 11:29:49 pm
      TBH I wasn't all that confident going in to this, I thought that Sunderland would sit back and we'd struggle to break them down and/or be unlucky. I was proven wrong!! Said we needed to win to build on the QPR win and we did that so can't ask for more.

Great performance from the lads. Another masterclass from Luis, 3 goals, another clean sheet. Great win.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #548: Jan 03, 2013 12:15:53 am
      Just got home from work and watched the goals, I like all three, but that pass from Gerrard was simply amazing. Also fantastic goal by Raheem.

Suarez MoTM for me, what a great player, he's easily one of the 5 best players in the world. ¡Grande Pistolero!

So happy right now gonna watch the goals again and see if I can find the game.

COYR!!!!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #549: Jan 03, 2013 12:17:07 am
      It is good to see Cas.

Loved watching the lads tonight and most enjoyable game of the season for me.

We really did play some lovely football tonight, the passing was fluent and pinpoint accuracy, was great to see, starting off 2013 with a bang.

Isn't it wonderful Cas, the world is beautiful .  :laugh:

Steady now Sean  :)

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #550: Jan 03, 2013 12:19:11 am
      Firstly.......wow.

That was a joy to behold and hopefully a sign that 2013 is gonna be a belting year for the Reds. That, coupled with the wins over Fulham and QPR, are showing signs that this system is coming together. Players who've come in for criticism in the past all starting to show signs of their true class. Youngsters coming in and looking as assured as anybody on the pitch. Experienced players coming back to their best. And new players still to arrive. Happy F***ing days all round.

Pepe - outstanding in what he had to do. Never lost faith in him and still wouldn't swap him for anybody. F***ing love you.

Across the back, what can I say? Andre "Norman" Wisdom looked like a beast again. He kind of lost his way after the Derby game at Goodison and made a few mistakes (understandably for a young lad) but tonight he looked like a seasoned pro out there. Real gem of a player him. Agger and Skrtel, who again I've been critical of recently, looked top notch again. Dealt with pretty much everything and commanded the ball when it was in the air. Johnson, who I openly admit I don't rate as highly as some, was F***ing immense. No surprise for me it comes when he's at left back where I still think he's better suited. While I'd of liked Robinson to be given a go in place of Enrique, if that's not going to happen then Johnson has to play there - and for me would play there even when Enrique is fit.

Middle of the park is supposedly where our strength lies with Gerrard and Lucas. Tonight it did. We bossed the game from start to finish in that area. Stevie looks so comfortable playing there and makes us tick when he's that little bit deeper. He hasn't been great this season by any stretch but the last few weeks it's just coming together for him - not before time. Lucas, who has been poor since his return from injury, looked good. He wasn't great and did lose a few passes but as the game wore on he got better and better. For me, that's our best partnership in the middle.

Sterling was quiet but when he did get the ball he made things happen. That's what a winger should be doing and tonight, like most of the season, Raheem did just that. And what a well taken goal. People talk about his poor choices in the final third - I say F**k off. Raheem tends to make the right choice more times than not - just sometimes lacking in execution which I expect from a kid. Henderson, arguably his best game in a Red shirt yet (close call between that and the draw with United last year when he came off the bench). Maybe he wanted to prove a point against his old team, maybe he's just starting to believe he should be playing week in week out for a club like ours. Whatever the reason, he was F***ing boss. Man of the match for me simply because it was probably the most unexpected performance. Downing looks to of hit a good run of form as well as of late. Whether it was being told he could leave, so he's pulled his socks up or maybe it's seeing young kids and left backs getting a run on the wings ahead of him that has spurred him on - again whatever the reason, it's worked. Long may it continue as well.

And up top, Luis Suarez. What the F**k can be the said about that man that hasn't been said already? He's just unplayable, no matter how teams try to stop him they just can't. It doesn't matter the occasion or the opposition, he plays one way. His passion shines through immensely and his skill is just breathtaking at times. And you can see he's a real team player by his celebrations. He always wants to celebrate with his team mates and can't praise them enough.

His name is Luis Suarez and he'll win the golden boot, I just can't get enough.

F***ing great start to the new year.

Follow it up by twatting Mansfield in the FA Cup at the weekend. And continuing this goalscoring, and clean sheet run, going. I don't wanna see a weakened team where we just scrape past them 1-0 or 2-1. I wanna see us go full throttle, put six or seven past them and show that we're really starting to click. Let Luis get himself another goal or two, let Henderson and Downing continue their rich vein of form and lets F***ing prove we're the real deal. Get the game won then "rest" players. Last year we stuffed five past Oldham and six past Brighton. That's what we should be doing this Sunday against Mansfield.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #551: Jan 03, 2013 12:19:26 am
      Well worth staying up to watch it over again on MOTD! Two good performances plus a number of players really stepping up the game over the festive period. Sturridge coming in provides welcome competition for places and hopefully we'll see a couple more new lads to follow. It's a tough few games coming up and a chance to see if we really are going somewhere this season or whether we've simply bullied a few school weeklings with the 3 wins.

Quick Reply