Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Early March Holiday

Read 4323 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Early March Holiday
      Jan 03, 2013 04:57:35 pm
      Wondering if anybody on here is a serial holiday goer or knows where the best place for me to look for one is.

Its the girlfriend's 30th in early March and I'm looking to go away for a week then but not outside of Europe.

Thing is I'm not sure where would be best at that time of year. I was thinking Cyprus but I now know that the weather is unpredictable then so I am now swaying to the Canary Islands, Lanzarote, etc option. Only ever been to Las Americas and that was back in the day.

Could anybody recommend where is best to go and where is best to look for the best deals. I'm not a stinge bag but there will be four adults, two kids above two years old and one under two years old and I'm paying.

Don't mind going all inclusive as long as its good all inclusive and not in some crazy clubbed up town - bars and restaurants will do just fine.

Help!
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Early March Holiday
      Reply #1: Jan 03, 2013 05:06:38 pm
      Temperatures aren't going to be that high in March mate, however better than here.. Id imagine Egypt would be strongest in terms of Temps (for places with stuff for the kids as well i mean, rather than Dubai or the Maldives) You would probably get early 20s there in March..
      Alot of the other places, Tenerife/Lanzarote (also has a f**ker of a breeze)/Paphos/Algarve etc will be cooler than than, mid- late teens...

With All inclusives... They tend to be a bit out of the way so cater for most things you need, if you go for nothing below 4 star you will be fine, we have never really had an issues with 4-5 star all ins..

Last few years we have gone for these Holiday Villages with First Choice, so much for the kids to do..

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/sun-holidays/holiday-villages/?ib_id=First_Choice&ic_id=N_-_Generic_-_Holiday_Villages&ig_id=Generic&ik_id=holiday_village&im_id=PPC&is_id=Google&it_id=EF&iu_id=Exact
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #2: Jan 03, 2013 05:08:40 pm
      Temperatures aren't going to be that high in March mate, however better than here.. Id imagine Egypt would be strongest in terms of Temps (for places with stuff for the kids as well i mean, rather than Dubai or the Maldives) You would probably get early 20s there in March..
      Alot of the other places, Tenerife/Lanzarote (also has a f**ker of a breeze)/Paphos/Algarve etc will be cooler than than, mid- late teens...

With All inclusives... They tend to be a bit out of the way so cater for most things you need, if you go for nothing below 4 star you will be fine, we have never really had an issues with 4-5 star all ins..

Last few years we have gone for these Holiday Villages with First Choice, so much for the kids to do..

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/sun-holidays/holiday-villages/?ib_id=First_Choice&ic_id=N_-_Generic_-_Holiday_Villages&ig_id=Generic&ik_id=holiday_village&im_id=PPC&is_id=Google&it_id=EF&iu_id=Exact

Great answer, thanks!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3: Jan 03, 2013 05:15:56 pm
      Wondering if anybody on here is a serial holiday goer or knows where the best place for me to look for one is.

Its the girlfriend's 30th in early March and I'm looking to go away for a week then but not outside of Europe.

Thing is I'm not sure where would be best at that time of year. I was thinking Cyprus but I now know that the weather is unpredictable then so I am now swaying to the Canary Islands, Lanzarote, etc option. Only ever been to Las Americas and that was back in the day.

Could anybody recommend where is best to go and where is best to look for the best deals. I'm not a stinge bag but there will be four adults, two kids above two years old and one under two years old and I'm paying.

Don't mind going all inclusive as long as its good all inclusive and not in some crazy clubbed up town - bars and restaurants will do just fine.

Help!

Why not outside Europe mate? 

If you're thinking of the Canaries then look at the Gambia.  Similar flying times, similar climate but much, much cheaper.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #4: Jan 03, 2013 05:24:07 pm
      Marmaris in Turkey is quality, decent weather all year round and cheap too. Plenty of bars along the beach front and in bar street and the locals are incredibly friendly.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #5: Jan 03, 2013 06:39:44 pm

Okay, no more than a five hour flight. ;)

The Gambia - you been?

Marmaris in Turkey is quality, decent weather all year round and cheap too. Plenty of bars along the beach front and in bar street and the locals are incredibly friendly.

Turkey is possible mate. I just assumed that because Cyprus weather in March is unpredictable that Turkey's would too.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6: Jan 03, 2013 06:47:57 pm
      Okay, no more than a five hour flight. ;)

The Gambia - you been?

My sister and daughter have and absolutely loved it mate.  So much so my sister went back and worked there for about 6mths.

el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #7: Jan 04, 2013 12:02:13 pm
      Give Gran Canaria/Puerto Rico a look,great island and some great hotels I would recomend a hotel called C'ala D'or ideal location for everything. You can travel around the island very cheeply by bus or car hire is also quite cheep worth a look.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #8: Jan 04, 2013 02:48:18 pm
      Give Gran Canaria/Puerto Rico a look,great island and some great hotels I would recomend a hotel called C'ala D'or ideal location for everything. You can travel around the island very cheeply by bus or car hire is also quite cheep worth a look.

Thanks mate - I probably am going to head to that part of the world so will have to have a good look around for the best deal.

Quick Reply