Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Nicolas Isimat-Mirin (Valenciennes)

Read 7492 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Nicolas Isimat-Mirin (Valenciennes)
      Jan 04, 2013 10:14:09 pm
      Liverpool close to complete a move for Nicolas Isimat-Mirin

The Times tonight reports Liverpool are believed to be close to completing a move for Nicolas Isimat-Mirin, the Valenciennes' Centre Back.

Nicolas Isimat-Mirin 21, has already featured 3 times for France U-21. Mirin has scored 1 goals in 31 appearances for Valenciennes.

He made his professional debut on 21 September 2010.

Sorry no link, was linked from a tweet by LFC Transfer Spec
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Nicolas Isimat-Mirin (Valenciennes)
      Reply #1: Jan 04, 2013 10:34:44 pm
      There is a link from the Fail dated 17 December 2012

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2249657/Liverpool-turn-Nicolas-Isimat-Mirin-price-Stefan-Vrij-went-high.html

Liverpool join race for France U21 Isimat Mirin after being priced out of move for De Vrij

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #2: Jan 04, 2013 10:41:29 pm
      6'1 centre back that isn't good at passing or tackling according to WhoScored.com

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/89947/
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #3: Jan 04, 2013 10:49:38 pm
      The question is , do we need him . If we need a CB , why not Martin Kelly and Coates , he's hardly a replacement for Carra is he ?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: Jan 04, 2013 10:53:54 pm
      Reported that he could be a replacement for Coates, if there's any truth in that I'd be stunned.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #5: Jan 04, 2013 10:57:25 pm
      looking like it though is'nt it?  whats happened with coates?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #6: Jan 04, 2013 10:59:21 pm
      looking like it though is'nt it?  whats happened with coates?
      Looks like Rodgers doesn't fancy him .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Jan 04, 2013 10:59:39 pm
      Maybe Rodgers see's Coates as too slow and cumbersome for his philosophy ??
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #8: Jan 04, 2013 11:02:07 pm
      Nicolas Isimat-Mirin vs PSG | 11/12/12 | HD on Vimeo

Totally bossed Ibra!

EDIT: He didn't! Ibra hit a hat-trick. Shows how deceiving a video can be, he looked good against him in some challenges. Looks very composed on the ball too.
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2013 11:14:25 pm by chats »
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #9: Jan 04, 2013 11:03:23 pm
      not agile enough maybe , or maybe that this lad is cheaper and Coates might fetch a better price .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: Jan 04, 2013 11:09:13 pm
      not agile enough maybe , or maybe that this lad is cheaper and Coates might fetch a better price .

Think it maybe rodgers wants to hold a higher defensive line and probably feels Coates isn't quick enough across the ground to recover.

If it is at the expense of Coates I'm a bit gutted because I think he's got everything in his locker to be a top centerback.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #11: Jan 04, 2013 11:15:36 pm
      Think it maybe rodgers wants to hold a higher defensive line and probably feels Coates isn't quick enough across the ground to recover.

If it is at the expense of Coates I'm a bit gutted because I think he's got everything in his locker to be a top centerback.
      If it's true Daz, then we're risking a 22 yr old that's developing for a 21 yr old gamble , plus look at what we're paying out on a payoff to his agent and if we're going to loan Coates out then there's his wages to pay . I thought these owners were supposed to be saving money .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #12: Jan 04, 2013 11:36:01 pm
      Saw this on the twatter, quote from Rodgers:

Rodgers on Coates: "It's been difficult for him to get games. The best thing for Sebastian will be to go out on loan and play some games."

But I haven't seen anything about who he might be going to.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #13: Jan 04, 2013 11:44:24 pm

Rodgers on Coates: "It's been difficult for him to get games. The best thing for Sebastian will be to go out on loan and play some games."

Rumours on Twitter that he is going to West Brom to work with Steve Clarke.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #14: Jan 05, 2013 03:46:07 pm

Maybe ya should have started him vs Stoke Brendan

Rumours on Twitter that he is going to West Brom to work with Steve Clarke.

I'd be ok with that. Clarkey has obviously done a great job here and as a manager now.

But what happens if Skrtel or Agger get injured?
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #15: Jan 05, 2013 03:52:34 pm
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/01/05/100252-32548604/?

I feel Mirin would simply be bought in to replace Jamie Carragher when he hangs up his boots (which I can see happening probably come the end of the season as BR looks to push him into a coaching role).

Coates getting game time in the PL or Championship on loan for 6 months is no bad thing. He's a top defender and I feel 6 months action will ready him to be our 3rd choice centre-back next season.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #16: Jan 05, 2013 03:53:36 pm

But what happens if Skrtel or Agger get injured?

I think BR has said he will only allow Coates out on loan if he gets someone in (Mirin).
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17: Jan 05, 2013 11:40:07 pm
      Nicolas Isimat-Mirin: Why Liverpool Should Fight Newcastle For The French Starlet

The Toon have done a fantastic job of poaching talent from across the channel for a bargain fee, and the young centre-back seems to be another player in the same situation. Here's all you need to know the Valenciennes man...

This winter transfer market is expected to be relatively quiet all over Europe. With Financial fair play around the corner, most clubs are on shoestring budgets and we should only witness a few small but nonetheless clever deals completed during this month. Liverpool and Newcastle United target Nicolas Isimat-Mirin certainly fits in this category.

Eighteen games, eighteen starts, eighteen matches completed without being substituted, including a few high flying performances with a very pleasing club. These are the most notable facts about the young Isimat-Mirin. Aged 21, with two full seasons in the top flight behind him, Nicolas is now attractive to a lot of ambitious teams amongst which the Liverpool seem to have the edge.

Obviously, looking at his CV, Isimat-Mirin would only be another obscure Ligue 1 name to most Premier League fans. He grew up at the national training centre in Clairefontaine, which he joined aged 13. Three years later he joined one of the most successful youth scheme in Rennes where he carried on his learning process. After two years there, he signed for Valenciennes and rapidly gained the coach confidence. After a few games with the reserves, he joined the professional group for the final stages of the 2009-2010 season.

A few months later, he was given his Ligue 1 debut, being picked as a starter for a home game against Brest. Shortly behind, he signed his first professional contract, a three years deal soon extended with an additional year.

Two seasons and 62 league games later, he cannot hide himself anymore. Many scouts are touring France all year long and surely most of them penned his name down in their notepad. The rock has proven he can use his physical assets (1.88m and 83kg) to a good extend on the pitch. His form matches his club’s performances during this time. From bottom of the league strugglers to European spot contestants, Valenciennes and its new stadium are definitely on the upward curve. Their first half of season was more than decent, even sometimes simply brilliant (4-1 and 6-1 home wins against Marseille and Lorient in October).

Isimat-Mirin made himself feel essential in the Valenciennes defense, so much that he did not miss a single minute of action during the first half of the current season. In this period, he made himself feel essential in the Valenciennes defense, so much that he did not miss a single minute of action during the first half of the current season. His solid performances caught the eye of many; Liverpool and Newcastle United are being quoted consistently as well as Paris Saint-Germain. The French U21 international is coveted by the new Ligue 1 giant as part of a deal to be sealed now and which would see the youngster stay 6 more months in the north of France on loan.

This oil rich deal could be of interest but would condemn him to a bench sitting position for most of the games which would not be ideal in order to develop his international desires. What Newcastle United and Liverpool are offering is surely less interesting from an accountant point of view but much more exciting for football. The Magpies have a defensive line that is current being restructured (Mathieu Debuchy just signed, for instance) and betting on a solid young center back for a very reasonable price should be considered by their respective boards.

Valued in the area of €5m (£4m), Isimat-Mirin’s fee shouldn’t be an obstacle for either of these two teams. In difficult financial times you have to take safe bets. He is not going to be the world’s best defender but he will surely reinforce any defence without leaving the financial balance of the buying club in tatters. If a club does lure him away this month, it would be one of the cleverest purchases of the winter market.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football/nicolas-isimat-mirin-why-liverpool-and-newcastle-should-fight-for-the-french-starlet/
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #18: Jan 06, 2013 12:23:22 am
      ^^^

Whilst I appreciate they are completely different positions, is that article suggesting that this fella would have the sort of impact that Ba or Cisse had at Newcastle?

Have never heard of the lad until the last few days and, as a result, have never watched him play. Can't comment on how good/bad he is but, if there is real interest, that may signal the end of Coates, at least on loan. Not massively happy about that. Always been a fan of Seb and I think there is a part of Luis being so happy at our club with the fact his fellow Uruguayan being present.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #19: Jan 06, 2013 01:57:03 am
      Don't see the point in loaning out Coates and brining this fella in because won't the same thing happen to him?

He'll also 'be needing a run of games' as Carra for some strange reason remains third choice (apart from City where Coates came in and had a brilliant game so I don't see he isn't getting more games)
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #20: Jan 06, 2013 02:52:11 am

He'll also 'be needing a run of games' as Carra for some strange reason remains third choice (apart from City where Coates came in and had a brilliant game so I don't see he isn't getting more games)
      It's Carra's last season before he hangs up his boots, of course he's going to get the nod. 
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #21: Jan 06, 2013 12:04:48 pm
      Stick with Coates. Got very little else to say on the matter. If it's true Steve Clarke wants to take on Seb then that alone in my mind is enough reason to keep him.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #22: Jan 06, 2013 02:18:50 pm
      Is there any french newspaper links to this ?

Quick Reply