Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Rossiter Player Thread

Read 27180 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: Jordan Rossiter Player Thread
      Reply #115: May 09, 2016 01:56:28 pm
      James Pearce: ''Clearly not in Jürgen Klopp's plans for next season, Rossiter has decided to move on''.

Full article:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-jordan-rossiter-leaving-liverpool-11297684
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #116: May 09, 2016 02:00:53 pm
      Not surprised to be honest I didn't see anything special about him any time he played.

Best of luck to the lad wherever he goes from here.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #117: May 09, 2016 02:12:08 pm
      I'm actually gutted. Whenever I watched the U21 games before, he has been the most consistent from what I remember. Fantastic defensive positional sense and awareness too, but also, a very good simple passer. I actually thought he had a huge chance of making it with us.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #118: May 09, 2016 04:04:49 pm
      I'm actually gutted. Whenever I watched the U21 games before, he has been the most consistent from what I remember. Fantastic defensive positional sense and awareness too, but also, a very good simple passer. I actually thought he had a huge chance of making it with us.

He would have had plenty of chances to play and prove his worth this season if he hadn't had 7 months worth of recurring injuries mate.  Now he's way down the pecking order with no guarantee he'll ever get back to his previous level never mind make the step up to the PL. 

It's best for him to leave, gets some regular playing time and see where he is in a couple of years.  sh*t happens with young players, sometimes at the worst possible time and we can't keep them all.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #119: May 09, 2016 04:22:00 pm
      If finally he leave, wishes him all the best for his future. Good luck Jordan, YNWA
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #120: May 10, 2016 09:13:24 am
      Good luck to the kid. I'd be amazed if he ever ends up being good enough to play for a team at Liverpools level, but like Jay Soearing before him he'll make more money out of the game than the rest of us will ever see in our lives.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #121: May 10, 2016 10:49:24 am
      Best of luck Jordan,always sad seeing young lads having there progress hampered by injuries ( or any player for that matter).
      Hopefully he'll be able to make it at rangers & I'll certainly keep an eye on
      the lads career in the spl.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #122: May 10, 2016 11:00:12 am
      Going to the Scottish Premier League where careers go to die. Poor move for him, Championship and even League One is a much better standard overall.

Championship is defo more money, not sure if the level is better, not Rangers of celtic for sure, I know my Home team Motherwell shop in championship and league 1, mostly loan deals, as they cant afford the wages of EPL. I mean ffs. SPL just got new IMPROVED TV deal from the BBC worth £2.5mill ish WTF compared to the Billions in EPL. ;D

Going to rangers is a great move for him, if he can get it, the wages will be decent and playing in front of 40000 every other week, chance to play in old firm derbys etc. Also Frank mcparland is thier chief scout now, so I fancy more young english lads will be going up to rangers.

Also Danny wilson might have some influence on his old pal rossitor ?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #123: May 10, 2016 07:12:22 pm
      Championship is defo more money, not sure if the level is better, not Rangers of celtic for sure, I know my Home team Motherwell shop in championship and league 1, mostly loan deals, as they cant afford the wages of EPL. I mean ffs. SPL just got new IMPROVED TV deal from the BBC worth £2.5mill ish WTF compared to the Billions in EPL. ;D

Going to rangers is a great move for him, if he can get it, the wages will be decent and playing in front of 40000 every other week, chance to play in old firm derbys etc. Also Frank mcparland is thier chief scout now, so I fancy more young english lads will be going up to rangers.

Also Danny wilson might have some influence on his old pal rossitor ?

Good point about Danny Wilson! Still not sold on SPL though, I had the misfortune of going to a Hibs game a few years back and been living in Scotland for years now. Find it hard to watch. Rossiter should absolutely boss it up there.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #124: May 10, 2016 08:13:22 pm

Me too mate, I think the club have dropped the ball on this one I really do. He did enough last season to have warranted an extended contract there and then. It's terrible luck for the lad that he has been injured for much of the season because he would have seen plenty of minutes ahead of Stewart in my opinion. I think he has more to his game than tenacity, work rate and tackling ability and suspect he is Jürgen's type of player.

Really quite gutted about this one. I'll watch his career with interest, he will certainly play week in week out at Rangers and perhaps that is the most important thing to the player.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #125: May 14, 2016 10:38:33 am
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #126: May 14, 2016 10:41:05 am
      Me too mate, I think the club have dropped the ball on this one I really do. He did enough last season to have warranted an extended contract there and then. It's terrible luck for the lad that he has been injured for much of the season because he would have seen plenty of minutes ahead of Stewart in my opinion. I think he has more to his game than tenacity, work rate and tackling ability and suspect he is Jürgen's type of player.

Really quite gutted about this one. I'll watch his career with interest, he will certainly play week in week out at Rangers and perhaps that is the most important thing to the player.

as i mentioned in the transfer rumours thread do we actually know what happened ?, did he leave because he thought he had a better chance of first team football ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #127: May 14, 2016 10:43:38 am
      Gutted to lose Jordan, has great potential this lad, his injuries could be down to him developing physically from boy to man, and the physicality of football,
      At the end of day though you have to look after no1, 
      I think he knows deep down he's unlikely to make it at Liverpool, I think going to ibrox could be the making of him, similar to Tom Ince, he had to move on to further his development too and he's doing well now,

Best of luck to the lad, it's a tough old league up there, it will certainly toughen him up,

Good luck lad!

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #128: May 16, 2016 10:14:00 am
      Good point about Danny Wilson! Still not sold on SPL though, I had the misfortune of going to a Hibs game a few years back and been living in Scotland for years now. Find it hard to watch. Rossiter should absolutely boss it up there.

Im a season ticket holder at motherwell, and joined the well society, for me its as much about keeping my local team alive, attendances have dropped big time, but we need to keep going or footi will die. The footi can be good and bad, same as every league.

Quick Reply