Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool's Worldwide Fanbase

Read 17374 times
      StrikingMidfield
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Re: Liverpool's Worldwide Fanbase
      Reply #23: Jan 12, 2013 02:16:55 am
      I'm going to assume United edge us SLIGHTLY, but Chelsea having a bigger following than us?  :lmao: I'm sure that they got huge amounts of following after the champions league win, but it's going to continue to drop as they continue to under perform.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #24: Jan 12, 2013 07:48:34 am
      From what I've seen here in oz its probably Mancs first with us second and Chelsea/Arsenal 3rd.

However id consider that to be significantly different in the under 25s range.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #25: Jan 12, 2013 08:32:59 am
      One small example of where this applies is across Africa.

Because Chelsea had Drogba and Essien... and Arsenal had Adebayor (amongst others).. those two clubs are thought of very highly across a number of African countries. Then of course, you have Man Utd, who's fame is due to their success.

Liverpool are not as big as these other clubs there.

As I say, a small example, but if this kind of thing is repeated across the world e.g. Man Utd buying their 'token Asian' player to raise shirt sales and popularity in the East, it can make an overall difference. Just think of how highly Liverpool were thought of in Spain when we had Torres, Alonso, Rafa as manager etc.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Jan 12, 2013 04:49:42 pm
      There we go then.

IF  ...and a big if .... those numbers are correct then Mr Henry and Co should be getting their skates on to knock commercially Utd off their F***ing money perch.

You do the money  JH

The lads do the football

We do what we have always done for this club.

Quick Reply