Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match wake-up call

Read 40842 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: LIVE: Manchester United v Liverpool
      Reply #621: Jan 13, 2013 03:30:48 pm
      Know what? I hope the rumours about us getting a new CB are true.

God bless Sturridge. Even a far from sensational striker can make a huge difference in a sh*t side like ours.

Agreeing and saying what I have said all year now
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #622: Jan 13, 2013 03:30:49 pm
      Bit harsh lad has been out for 3 months.

what was his excuse before his injury? 

did nothing before he got injured, gone back to doing nothing after he's been injured.

Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #623: Jan 13, 2013 03:31:01 pm
      Correct me if i am wrong, but Sterling needs a months rest and a few reserve games...he did nothing
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #624: Jan 13, 2013 03:31:23 pm
      Much better when we made changes, first half was an embarrassment. 2nd half, despite them clearly letting us come on to them more we actually looked a proper threat, Sturridge's contribution was extremely encouraging and his combinations with Suarez look like they will come off very often this season, that was the biggest plus in a game littered with some really bad negatives.

Downing has to go, Allen has to be dropped, it's simple as that really, shocking displays by both of them. Downing really is amassing a hall of fame with me of the worst displays from a Liverpool player and I simply can't stand anything about the bloke.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #625: Jan 13, 2013 03:31:39 pm
      im am as much frustrated as the next guy here but i honestly thought borini was decent.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #626: Jan 13, 2013 03:31:40 pm
      Sturridge made a real difference. Wonder what he could have offered if got him in the summer. Wouldn't want Allen anywhere near the team for next game.
      Rodgers hesitation in signing Sturridge summertime has cost us dearly . rodgers too interested in raiding his old team .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #627: Jan 13, 2013 03:31:43 pm
      sh*te first half but much improved in the second and just shows what a difference another forward can make.

The manager got the team slection wrong to begin with as I'd love to know what Henderson has done wrong and Allen right to make the change for this game.

Centre backs were a worry as well and we never look solid at the back these days.

Sturridge had a big impact and actually great to see the numbers getting forward, even more so when Borini came on.

A chance lost here today I feel as if we had got things right from the start a win was there for the taking.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #628: Jan 13, 2013 03:31:46 pm
      We lost the game before it started , team selection sh*te.

Exactly mate. Seeing Pepe roll it out time after time pisses me off. Every tactic should have adaptation. Never any urgency.

Not going to let a bright second half paper over the cracks of that first half.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #629: Jan 13, 2013 03:31:55 pm
      Can't believe we didn't turn up until 70 minutes, even when Sturridge scored we went back to our passive ways.

Sturridge has Luis Garcia v2 written all over him, will dazzle one minute and frustrate the next. Scored one, should have worked the keeper or crossed for two, and should have scored another one.

Thought Sturridge was excellent considering it's only his seconds appearance for us and scored against the scums.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #630: Jan 13, 2013 03:31:59 pm
      Can't believe Vidic didn't go up to the ref after he headed that free kick out of bounds and they gave them the goal kick. Isn't that what players are supposed to do?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #631: Jan 13, 2013 03:32:13 pm
      Desperately need a new attacking midfielder and a new winger/wide forward.

Hopefully a new CB too.

Agger & Skrtel are good, but overrated. Shouldn't be immediate first choice for a team aiming for the top.

Downing is the worst joke I've ever seen in a Red shirt. I mean, ever. He's that bad. I never disliked a LFC player that much. He's absolute rubbish in every aspect of his game, and that includes his mentality/personality. A guy made for mid-table "battle".

The only good attacking midfielder in our squad is Gerrard but he's not the same and is playing better deeper. We need someone there. Allen was sh*te but Henderson isn't a much better option - totally unexistent "impact" player. Headless chicken.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #632: Jan 13, 2013 03:32:19 pm
      ;D diego on form today yes replace,agger and martin there are the main problem ;D.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,287 posts | 2805 
      Reply #633: Jan 13, 2013 03:32:34 pm
      im am as much frustrated as the next guy here but i honestly thought borini was decent.

Same, tried to link up with Sturridge and Suarez and that instinctive volley wasn't bad. Just wish he had the balls to have told Suarez to F**k off for that looping cross near the end.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #634: Jan 13, 2013 03:32:38 pm

did nothing before he got injured, gone back to doing nothing after he's been injured.

That is F***ing bullshit mate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #635: Jan 13, 2013 03:32:38 pm
      There's Supporters on here know more about Selection than Rodgers .

Well considering when we changed what everyone was screaming for and we played much better you'd have clear evidence that they were right.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #636: Jan 13, 2013 03:32:51 pm
      There was some value added in the second half, but not enough.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #637: Jan 13, 2013 03:32:55 pm
      Yes, BR got it all wrong, Lucas slow, Allen can't win a tackle against a donkey. He got the team defeated in the first half and the substituiton was too late to undo the damage. Question - is Allen, Hendo, Lucas and Downing good enough for us to move the club firward.

Lucas is definitely good enough, remember the lad is just coming off the back of what for some players is a career ending injury and then another nasty injury on top of that.

The others i am not so sure, we should have started with sturridge and borini on at the start, and if fitness is an issue then BR could simply take them off if we are ahead.
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #638: Jan 13, 2013 03:32:55 pm
      Really fancied us for this , but we just didn't show in the first half. Allen needs benching for a few games , but have doubts if Brendan will do it.
      Sturridge should have started , we showed what we could do 2nd half , Bendan needs to take responsibility.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #639: Jan 13, 2013 03:33:13 pm
      Know what? I hope the rumours about us getting a new CB are true.

God bless Sturridge. Even a far from sensational striker can make a huge difference in a sh*t side like ours.

Full of it today, ain't you?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #640: Jan 13, 2013 03:33:36 pm

New club, new culture, new city, new team mates, great movement, scored a few in Europe

What a tw*t you are, he barely had 20 minutes - you might just become the first poster I put on ignore

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #641: Jan 13, 2013 03:33:48 pm
      ;D diego on form today yes replace,agger and martin there are the main problem ;D.

Never said they're the main problem, but look at how many chances RvP had. In a better day he would have had a hat-trick.

The guy gets in between our defenders and none of them actually mark him, it's absolutely ridiculous.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #642: Jan 13, 2013 03:34:07 pm
      but Henderson isn't a much better option - totally unexistent "impact" player. Headless chicken.

I know you can't stand Henderson Diego but he didn't really have any time today to have an impact so this is a touch unfair mate.
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #643: Jan 13, 2013 03:34:08 pm
      Cant you see :D

Quick Reply