Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match wake-up call

Read 40854 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Re: Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match wake-up call
      Reply #874: Jan 15, 2013 02:58:03 am
      Won't happen overnight, a squad needs to play together, players need time to gel in the squad.

Patience is a virtue lad!!

Then we'll keep going like this for 5 years until Downing and Allen stop being sh*te?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We all know Downing is sh*te, should never have been bought in the first place, but there is a player in Allen, he looked good at the start of the season, so it's F***ing wrong to say he's sh*te. Again still needs time to settle in the squad.

Put it this way, i remember a lot of fans calling Lucas sh*t and have been proven wrong since, you wouldn't want to look a daft c**t when Allen does start putting some good performances in again, would you?
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #875: Jan 15, 2013 01:30:36 pm
      We all know Downing is sh*te, should never have been bought in the first place, but there is a player in Allen, he looked good at the start of the season, so it's f**king wrong to say he's sh*te. Again still needs time to settle in the squad.

Put it this way, i remember a lot of fans calling Lucas sh*t and have been proven wrong since, you wouldn't want to look a daft c**t when Allen does start putting some good performances in again, would you?

Let me tell you, mate, I don't give a sh*te about me looking like a daft c*nt in times to come as long as those players who are looking like scaredy c*nts right now do man up and stop playing like 15 year old kiddies. Needs time to settle in the squad? But, as time goes by, his performances are going downhill.  :-\ What can I say? If Allen does start putting some good performances in again, and does it soon, I'll be ecstatic. If he keeps playing like last Sunday till the end of the season and beyond -- not so much.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #876: Jan 15, 2013 04:01:18 pm
      The first half was possibly the worst half of football I have ever seen Liverpool play

We did get into the game in the second half but we did not deserve anything from the game
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #877: Jan 15, 2013 06:22:59 pm
      The first half was possibly the worst half of football I have ever seen Liverpool play

We did get into the game in the second half but we did not deserve anything from the game

I remember thinking exactly that after the FA cup final last May.....
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #878: Jan 16, 2013 01:59:58 pm
      My other half kept saying all game yesterday "why the f**k do you always pass backwards?  You invite pressure on yourselves dillydallying around with the ball".

It's so frustrating that we can't seem to get the ball forward quickly because when we do, we are dangerous.
      Plus, you allow the rival defence to wait for you fully armed. As an uruguayan i dont give a sh*t about beautiful play in the field, i want results no matter how. If we play champagne football ,even better, but not a priority to me (not a popular view, but it has served us well). As a manager you have to play with whatever players you have, and right now, i dont think we have the material to play this brand of footy.

On the other side I dont think we are that far away from achieving it. I can only imagine the impact of a proper number 10 could have on the team. Someone who thinks fast and makes that gear shift when going forward, instead of the slow motion "pass sideways, pass backwards, rinse and repeat" we see today. We just need that spark in the midfield, and it could mean the world to us. We have the guns, we just need the ammo :f_steam:

Still think top 4 is there for us We just have to jump start the engine.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #879: Jan 16, 2013 02:31:25 pm
      Plus, you allow the rival defence to wait for you fully armed. As an uruguayan i dont give a sh*t about beautiful play in the field, i want results no matter how.

Didn't Ferguson and/or the Scottish FA call you guys a "bunch of animals" for how you played at the 1986 World Cup? Beat Scotland 1-0 I think. :laugh:
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #880: Jan 16, 2013 02:51:04 pm
      Didn't Ferguson and/or the Scottish FA call you guys a "bunch of animals" for how you played at the 1986 World Cup? Beat Scotland 1-0 I think. :laugh:
      Yes, we have been called worse. To be fair, we did beat the sh*t out of Scotland, and we played with 10 men almost all the match (fastest red card in WC history with less than a minute).

But thats not what i was talking about :) i meant being aware of your shortcommings and working with what you have. Brazil has more registered pro players than we do population!, and still we manage to be the country with most international titles with 20. Thats called being effective, aware of your weaknesses and knowing how to make the most of your strenghts.

But yes 86 against Scotland was pretty brutal by that times standards, meaning today it would be called a massacre (oddly enough i dont recall many people saying the same about Holland in 2010 against Spain)

Quick Reply