Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Suarez on Diving: "It's true I did it"

Read 13143 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Suarez on Diving: "It's true I did it"
      Jan 17, 2013 06:28:29 am
      Great. Appreciate the honesty and all that, but way to go to single yourself out to the media again...  ???

Apparently, he said this to his home media:

"I was accused of falling inside the box in a match and it's true I did it that time, because we were drawing against Stoke at home and we needed anything to win it. But after that everybody jumped out to talk – the Stoke coach and the Everton coach … I understood that the name Suárez sells [papers]."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/16/luis-suarez-admits-diving

"Let's see, they said that when we played against Stoke, for instance, and in that case they were right. I invented a foul because we were drawing 0-0 against Stoke and I wanted to win."

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1218079-liverpool-fcs-luis-suarez-admits-to-stoke-city-penalty-dive.html

Not sure who has the best translation - the above differ a lot - but this story will now run for a while.

Best part is this though:

"When someone comes and says to me something bad about being a South American, I don't cry, because that happens inside the pitch. I have my conscience clean. But as I have said: Manchester United controls the media, they are powerful and the media will always help them," he added.
        ;D

Overall, I think he could have done more to explain himself e.g. the fact he rarely gets dealt with fairly by the ref, and the fact that he's stayed on his feet a lot whilst being on the end of some nasty fouls in the box.

The way he puts it (or is interpreted to have said it) it's just him saying "yeah, I dive............ I cheat.... so what".

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Re: Suarez on Diving: "It's true I did it"
      Reply #1: Jan 17, 2013 06:47:27 am
      the good thing about stuff like that is that nowadays people actually believe and understand things like "Manchester United controls the media" and this wont be seen as some loony talking crackpot theories.

over there (south america, actually anywhere that isn't westernised) diving is not a hysterical deal anyway. suarez says "it's true i dived against stoke" over there and hundreds and thousands of people empathise with him, understanding a team like stoke would have given him a physical nightmare with fouls aplenty and he probably should have got more than he did. but in England i am sure a similar amount of people will dismiss him as the villain. the truth is always somewhere in between.

the fact is everyone knows we should have more pens!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Jan 17, 2013 06:54:14 am
       His honesty on the dive should be used in context when the false Evra accusations come up.Good man Luis Suarez you have our full support.
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Suarez in the press
      Reply #3: Jan 17, 2013 10:09:09 am
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2263444/Luis-Suarez-I-invented-foul-Stoke.html

'Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has admitted he 'invented' a foul against Stoke City to try to win the match but believes he was unfairly treated following his handball against Mansfield.
      Suarez came under attack from Stoke defenders and the media for his blatant attempt at winning a penalty during the game at Anfield earlier this season. 
      And he has now come clean, telling Fox Sports Argentina: 'I don't listen all the nonsense some people  say about me. I'm accused of cheating here. People say I throw myself all the time inside the box.
      Let's see: they said that when we played against Stoke, for instance, and in that case they were right. I invented a foul because we were drawing against Stoke and I wanted to win. "

If the above report is true, then somebody at the club ought to get a grip with Louis.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #4: Jan 17, 2013 11:05:30 am
      We seriously need a Communications Director and fast because the stories coming out of Liverpool are farcical. I don't necessarily disagree with what he says but it was always going to be picked up and twisted by the British media. And as if this isn't bad, this on top of "We're 24 points behind United - but we're not 24 points behind [in terms of] quality. The points difference is due to the squad. The depth in the squads is the difference for us." and, in reference to Allen, "This is the Welsh Xabi". We're making a laughing stock of ourselves and someone at the club needs to get a grip on things.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #5: Jan 17, 2013 11:15:28 am
      We seriously need a Communications Director and fast because the stories coming out of Liverpool are farcical.
      I disagree. The way fergie is acting is farcial though

I don't necessarily disagree with what he says
      Neither do I, he's spoken the truth.

but it was always going to be picked up and twisted by the British media.
      It's what they do, and no matter what he said, they could and do twist it

And as if this isn't bad, this on top of "We're 24 points behind United - but we're not 24 points behind [in terms of] quality. The points difference is due to the squad. The depth in the squads is the difference for us."

I agree 100% with the gaffer on this

and, in reference to Allen, "This is the Welsh Xabi".
      This was a nickname he had at Swansea, before he came to Liverpool. Besides, the lad is going through a rough patch of form, he'll be back

We're making a laughing stock of ourselves and someone at the club needs to get a grip on things.

I don't think it's a quarter as bad as you make it out to be

EDIT: Now if you were to point the finger at Werner/Henry/Ayres and said the same thing, I'd agree with you 100%
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #6: Jan 17, 2013 11:26:47 am
      In regards what Suarez has said - I wish he had just kept quiet

The media and pundits etc were actually starting to be on his side - after the recent handball a lot of people actually came out in support of him

Now it's back to square one again - Suarez has created the headlines for him and the media are lapping it up. It wasnt a very clever thing to do
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7: Jan 17, 2013 11:33:24 am
      There has been times when he has dived, it's been mentioned on here numerous times.  Still more times where he was fouled and got bugger all though.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #8: Jan 17, 2013 12:57:03 pm
      Well done Luis an honest lad and a good one.Its proffesional sport only winning counts.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #9: Jan 17, 2013 12:58:49 pm
      Ynwa Luis Suarez
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #10: Jan 17, 2013 01:08:22 pm
      So, over to you Gareth Bale
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Re: Suarez in the press
      Reply #11: Jan 17, 2013 01:09:59 pm
      The main argument would be if it would damage the club or not, but everyone in the uk apart from lfc fans cant hate this guy any more..? Thats quite obviously down to this pile of sh*t media but I think the only thing left thses cu*ts to say about him is, 'at least he's being honest'... 90% of challenges in the box leading to a pen is no way enough to bring a player down. ;D.. Its all about how not to look obvious.. All strikers do it but only the ones who look obvious are considered a cheater. Especially harder when the media have already set upon you. .
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #12: Jan 17, 2013 01:11:11 pm
      Fair play to him, press will hang him

But if ale or RvP or Rooney or anyone the British press love came out and said it they'd be praised for there honesty
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      Re: Suarez in the press
      Reply #13: Jan 17, 2013 01:15:28 pm
      F**k the press.

Every club has multiple palyers cheating every week. Players diving, keepers hitting the deck if tackled in the air, defenders fouling a player then telling the ref to give a yellow card for "diving/play acting" players putting there hand up to claim a throw or a corner they know isnt theres, players lying flat on the ground until the ball is put out of play then spring up and run around no problem.

Its all cheating in 1 form or another. Happens every game in every league inthe world. Its not a lUis Suarez only problem like the press want us all to believe

F.T.P.
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 17, 2013 01:20:17 pm
      Honest or not, he shouldn't have said what he said. If the lad had any sense he would have said nothing. As the old saying goes when you are in a hole, stop digging. We need this kind of revelation like we need a hole in the head. I fear that our P.R. department (if we have one) needs kicking up the backside. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      Reply #15: Jan 17, 2013 01:25:22 pm
      Theres a saying from the bible I think it goes "let he without sin cast the first stone"

No manager, no club no player can cast the first stone at us or Luis because at some point they have all tried to cheat somehow to win a game. Fooling themselves if they think t hey haven't

And fans of other clubs can rightly fook themselves 
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #16: Jan 17, 2013 02:11:02 pm
      Fair play to Luis. I think some people are over reacting here. The media here already calls him a "diver", a "cheat" and a "racist". The fact he's come out and said I did dive, for the benefit of my team, to win. What are they going to say that hasn't been said already? This isn't a media darling like Rooney or Bale saying this where the press wouldn't know what to do.

They'll write the same pathetic headlines, spew the same crap, and opposition fans will sing the same songs and all this time Luis will keep doing what he has been doing, tearing defences apart and scoring goals.

He's said it doesn't effect him at all and he's proven that. He'll move on and so will we.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #17: Jan 17, 2013 03:27:48 pm
      LFC to deal with him internally... I can't help thinking the guy will be off in the summer.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #18: Jan 17, 2013 03:34:25 pm
      LFC to deal with him internally... I can't help thinking the guy will be off in the summer.

Because he has been told off ?

Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 17, 2013 03:38:22 pm
      When your house is on fire, you don't give the firefighters petrol to throw on the flames. I love the bones of the guy as a player but he does use  the  self destruct button an awful lot.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #20: Jan 17, 2013 03:41:00 pm
      Not just that, George. Everything else too. That said, he does seem to thrive on it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21: Jan 17, 2013 03:41:34 pm
      We seriously need a Communications Director and fast because the stories coming out of Liverpool are farcical.
      I don't necessarily disagree with what he says but it was always going to be picked up and twisted by the British media. And as if this isn't bad, this on top of "We're 24 points behind United - but we're not 24 points behind [in terms of] quality. The points difference is due to the squad. The depth in the squads is the difference for us." and, in reference to Allen, "This is the Welsh Xabi".

We're making a laughing stock of ourselves and someone at the club needs to get a grip on things.

Can you imagine utd allowing Shrek to come out and say that !
      The scum would rip him to pieces.

Allen ?   :lmao:
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #22: Jan 17, 2013 03:48:03 pm
      i personally think it was a stupid thing to say, i actually thought fans were cooling off him and just letting him show his talent, to go to the media and say you invented a foul to cheat and win a penalty is plain stupid.

now he has zero chance of getting a decision and opposing players will gasp at the ref every time he goes down or gets fouled.

back to square one.

Quick Reply