Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Suarez on Diving: "It's true I did it"

Read 13083 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Suarez on Diving: "It's true I did it"
      Reply #138: Jan 18, 2013 02:15:45 pm
      People just keep on missing the point

The point, is not that he dived, but that he told the gutter press

It wasn't a huge secret tbh.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #139: Jan 18, 2013 02:16:41 pm

Lad you do know when we talk about gutter press, we're not talking about the whole world, but specifically how the English press operate and the gutter press usually refers to the red tops or even shall we say the Daily Star or the F***ing s*n!!

He spoke to the press in his homeland, and seeing as only one person on this board is Uruguayan, then it's kind of hard for everyone else to accuse the press of that country of being in the gutter.

There are some good journalists out there you know, for instance look at the work David Conn has done, especially concerning Hillsborough.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #140: Jan 18, 2013 02:26:22 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #141: Jan 18, 2013 02:31:12 pm
      Lad you do know when we talk about gutter press, we're not talking about the whole world, but specifically how the English press operate and the gutter press usually refers to the red tops or even shall we say the Daily Star or the F***ing s*n!!
      Lad, that's like saying there's some good kinds of cancer

He spoke to the press in his homeland, and seeing as only one person on this board is Uruguayan, then it's kind of hard for everyone else to accuse the press of that country of being in the gutter.
      That country's press are in the gutter, they only deal in sensationalism.

"Breaking News! Suarez seen drinking coffee in Starbucks, and did nothing wrong!" Doesn't sell any papers

There are some good journalists out there you know, for instance look at the work David Conn has done, especially concerning Hillsborough.
      Minority, the majority are parasites, always have been, Luis was daft to go to them, period. You take a big gamble when you talk to them
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #142: Jan 18, 2013 02:34:11 pm

"Breaking News! Suarez seen drinking coffee in Starbucks, and did nothing wrong!" Doesn't sell paper
      Minority, the majority are parasites, always have been, Luis was daft to go to them, period. You take a big gamble when you talk to them

He spoke to Fox in Argentina. How the F**k do you know if the Argentinian press are or are not in the gutter?

What has happened is the media over here  has got wind of the story and ran with it, with no interest in reporting the (non) story in a fair way.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #143: Jan 18, 2013 02:37:24 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      By the way anyone complaining, did you moan when John Barnes used to go down for pens, that's if you're old enough to remember occasionally how easy he went down for pens. Don't remember anyone getting too honest then, especially when it helped us on our way to Wembley or the league!!

Barnes like everyone else, shouldn't have to dive for penalties. But at least he never admitted it in public, giving refs the get out clause to turn him down the next time, and the next time, and the time after that. Unlike those days, diving is now a booking offence, and Luis has picked up several of them already this year, fouled or not.

The press are the press. Their job is to sell newspapers. He already got plenty of negative press before this, and plenty more will come after it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #144: Jan 18, 2013 02:38:25 pm
      He spoke to Fox in Argentina. How the F**k do you know if the Argentinian press are or are not in the gutter?

What has happened is the media over here  has got wind of the story and ran with it, with no interest in reporting the (non) story in a fair way.
      Because the press are parasites, that's how I F***ing know
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,690 posts | 7160 
      Reply #145: Jan 18, 2013 02:39:23 pm
      I understand Rush's point but whatever he says or does the press slaughter him in this country so I dont think he worries about what he says or who he says it to because they will onl yprint the bad stuff.As long as we are behind him he doesn't give a F**k about the other.
      He would make a very good scouser.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #146: Jan 18, 2013 02:40:36 pm
      By the way anyone complaining, did you moan when John Barnes used to go down for pens, that's if you're old enough to remember occasionally how easy he went down for pens. Don't remember anyone getting too honest then, especially when it helped us on our way to Wembley or the league!!
      John Barnes didn't go talking to the press, and for the record, anyone who dived is cheating at that moment, be that Suarez, Barnes, or Young
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #147: Jan 18, 2013 02:41:27 pm

The Point Sorry.

Please post a link where Luis Spoke to the Gutter Press. As far as I am aware he spoke to a Argentinian TV Channel.

And from this the press have just done their best.

I can not post the video as I am not allowed, wrong country,

http://msn.foxsports.com/fse/premierleague/story/suarez-sera-multado-por-tirarse

But here is a follow up

Londres - El entrenador del Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers, calific贸 hoy de "inaceptable" la conducta del jugador uruguayo Luis Su谩rez, que admiti贸 haberse tirado en un partido, y asegur贸 que el club tomar谩 medidas.

Los medios brit谩nicos se hicieron eco hoy de las declaraciones del delantero de 25 a帽os en las que confes贸 haberse "ca铆do" deliberadamente para intentar forzar un penalti en un partido contra el Stoke, en octubre del pasado a帽o.

"El f煤tbol es as铆. A veces haces cosas en el campo y luego piensas por qu茅 lo hiciste", se defendi贸 Su谩rez en una entrevista con la cadena "Fox Sports Argentina".

Tras la confesi贸n, el t茅cnico declar贸: "Creo que est谩 mal hecho, es inaceptable. He hablado con Luis y esto ser谩 resuelto internamente".

El delantero uruguayo aprovech贸 la entrevista, adem谩s, para unirse a otros jugadores de la Premier como los argentinos Carlos T茅vez y Sergio Ag眉ero en su opini贸n de que los futbolistas extranjeros reciben un "trato diferente" del que se da a los locales.

"Es algo cultural, tienen distintas actitudes. Lo que tenemos que hacer es jugar al f煤tbol, hacer lo que sabemos hacer, ya que hemos luchado y sufrido mucho para estar aqu铆", agreg贸 Su谩rez, que lleg贸 al Liverpool en 2011 desde el Ajax por 26,5 millones de euros.

Or

London - Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers today described as "unacceptable" behavior Uruguayan player Luis Suarez, who admitted to having thrown in a game, and said the club will take action.

The British media today echoed the statements of striker 25 years in which he confessed to have "fallen" deliberately to try to force a penalty in a match against Stoke in October last year.

"That's football. Sometimes you do things in the field and then think about what you did", defended Suarez in an interview with the string "Fox Sports Argentina".

After the confession, the coach said: "I think it is wrong, is unacceptable.'ve Talked to Luis and this will be resolved internally."

Uruguayan striker took the interview as well, to join other players in the Premier as the Argentines Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero in his view that foreign players receive a "different treatment" given to the locals.

"It's a cultural thing, have different attitudes. What we have to do is play football, do what we do, and we have fought and suffered so much to be here," said Suarez, who joined Liverpool in 2011 from Ajax 26.5 million euros.

Please stop saying he spoke to the gutter press, as he did not....

....unless you can provide a link.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #148: Jan 18, 2013 02:42:00 pm
      We're quick enough to piss all over others when they dive, but when one of our own do it, it's all 'so what, everyone does it'

That's just sh*t
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #149: Jan 18, 2013 02:42:12 pm

"Breaking News! Suarez seen drinking coffee in Starbucks, and did nothing wrong!" Doesn't sell any papers

Get off your F***ing high horse. - Brian Reade another local lad in journalism who never gave up the fight and wrote some brilliant stuff about Hillsborough for the Mirror, open your F***ing eyes!!

Yes some are tw*ts but just like every profession.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #150: Jan 18, 2013 02:44:03 pm

Accepted
      Please post a link where Luis Spoke to the Gutter Press. As far as I am aware he spoke to a Argentinian TV Channel.
      And the difference is?

EDIT: In case you don' know, they are all in it for publicising anything to get their ratings up. It's all interconnected, whether it's the papers or the tv or radio

Don't be so naive
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #151: Jan 18, 2013 02:44:49 pm
      John Barnes didn't go talking to the press, and for the record, anyone who dived is cheating at that moment, be that Suarez, Barnes, or Young

Didn't he, really, how F***ing old are you?

Take it you don't remember his apology in the programme for the Bristol City game the night we were knocked out the FA Cup at Anfield in 94, for speaking in the Daily Mail about Souness.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #152: Jan 18, 2013 02:50:08 pm
      Diving isn't cheating really (well to me it isn't)

Lance Armstrong is a cheat. Suarez, Young and Bale aren't IMO.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #153: Jan 18, 2013 02:50:32 pm
      Get off your F***ing high horse.
      Well F**k you and your high horse BS, I'm not the one with double standards here. You dive, you are cheating, you go talking to the tv/radio/papers, you deserve what you get. You dive and go to the press and admit it, well what do you expect? Fallout? Or a pat on the F***ing back because you say so?

- Brian Reade another local lad in journalism who never gave up the fight and wrote some brilliant stuff about Hillsborough for the Mirror, open your F***ing eyes!!
      And stop using the Hillsborough like a stick to beat me over the head with, that's just F***ing low. The majority of the press are scum, and my point is that he should not have gone and said what he said, regardless. BECAUSE the majority are just looking for an excuse to sell their product.

Yes some are tw*ts but just like every profession.
      Wrong, most, not some, and not like every profession either. That's some generalised overstatement right there
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #154: Jan 18, 2013 02:52:51 pm
      First pasrt of the interview in spanish, for any of you who is fluent. Cant find the second part.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxUGBJ46AU8

Loved the bit at 0.45 aprox "Luis has earned the hearts of the Kop, the biggest, most popular and passionate following in England" See...everyone in the world knows that!

"South AMericans are treated differently in ENgland" (in context, in a bad way)

around 2.30 start the interesting part. He also says that when the ball hit his hand, he wasnt even in the mood for scoring (that sound funny, doesnt it :) )  Press failed to mention that as well.

Around 4 mins, on EVra. "When someone says something about me being South American (refering to Evra in third person),I am not going to go running crying", and then the part about the Scum "they have a lot of power, and are always going to get helped"

At 4.26 " If i pay attention to what everyone outside says, I couldnt live here"

Around 5.5, youngsters win you matches but the experienced ones, the Men are the ones that win you championships"

Will try to get the second part

Thanks mate for your effort, it's good to have someone give us perspective that less bias than medias who have their own agenda against us, and you did great job as LFC supporter so far :)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #155: Jan 18, 2013 02:53:36 pm
      Didn't he, really, how F***ing old are you?
      Old enough to not give a flying F**k about the likes of you. So don't try your bully boy hard nosed sh*te with me sonny, you might just bit off more than you can chew

Take it you don't remember his apology in the programme for the Bristol City game the night we were knocked out the FA Cup at Anfield in 94, for speaking in the Daily Mail about Souness.
      Is that the same as what Suarez did? Persepctive? Did Barnes court the same kinds of disaster like Suarez seems to do? Were the press just waiting for Barnes to mess up?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,690 posts | 7160 
      Reply #156: Jan 18, 2013 02:55:42 pm
      Thanks mate for your effort, it's good to have someone give us perspective that less bias than medias who have their own agenda against us, and you did great job as LFC supporter so far :)
      I think Luis is getting frustrate with Sterling and Wisdom last week. We do need some more quality and experience in the side and thats not to say these lads will not be great in the future.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #157: Jan 18, 2013 03:15:10 pm
      The Point Sorry.

And from this the press have just done their best.

I can not post the video as I am not allowed, wrong country,

http://msn.foxsports.com/fse/premierleague/story/suarez-sera-multado-por-tirarse

But here is a follow up

Or

Please stop saying he spoke to the gutter press, as he did not....

....unless you can provide a link.

Posted the original interview, and translated some bits a few pages back, if you want to hear his original words

To be fair, the headline for the original interview, when presented, was something about South Americans being treated "differently" in England

Exaggerating falls here is not viewed as cheating, just as a way of saying "hey ref, im being fouled". He does do that, and ocassionally does dive without contact, but not as much as the english press will have you believe. As for him saying "im a diver", he DID NOT SAY THAT, he just admitted to diving against Stoke.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #158: Jan 18, 2013 03:18:15 pm
      Old enough to not give a flying F**k about the likes of you. So don't try your bully boy hard nosed sh*te with me sonny, you might just bit off more than you can chew

Sonny, hahaha whatever you whopper, get back to talking sh*te and cliches, you boring tit!!

Benn there, done it, bought the t-shirt and seen us win the league!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #159: Jan 18, 2013 03:32:21 pm
      This is F***ing ironic, the discussion centres around the methods and tactics used by the parasitic, self serving, agenda laden press distorting news and actual incidents to discredit an individual and sell copy.
      To that end some enterprising arsehole in the employ of one of the shitrags get's wind of a story originating in S.America and printed in a journal in Argentina.
      For blindingly obvious reasons no attempt is made to translate taking differences in cultural ambiguities into account and these are fashioned appropriately enough into a tale perfectly described in the opening paragraph.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #160: Jan 18, 2013 03:52:08 pm
      AcceptedAnd the difference is?

EDIT: In case you don' know, they are all in it for publicising anything to get their ratings up. It's all interconnected, whether it's the papers or the tv or radio

Don't be so naive

Don't call me naive.

There is a difference, and you know it.

If all press are Gutter Press, then so are Woodward, Bernstein, so is Reade, Tomkins,

All Germans are nazi's, All scots have ginger hair,all coppers are bent,...  etc, etc, etc. We know this not to be true.

You are stereotyping.

Suarez dived, he admitted it in a South American TV, British press have pounced on it. That's it.

Should we stop press conferences at Anfield? Should we stop quoting news articles, should we stop watching the news, stop buying newspapers?

Quick Reply