Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Suarez on Diving: "It's true I did it"

Read 13142 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Suarez on Diving: "It's true I did it"
      Reply #23: Jan 17, 2013 04:02:19 pm
      I love Suarez, I do, but his consistent messing up is starting to get on my nerves

And what does deal with Suarez internally mean?

Anal probing?
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2013 04:13:25 pm by Rush »
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #24: Jan 17, 2013 04:06:35 pm
      I live Suarez, I do, but his consistent messing up is starting to get on my nerves

Anal probing?
      Starting to feel that way myself.

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #25: Jan 17, 2013 04:06:53 pm
      I live Suarez, I do, but his consistent messing up is starting to get on my nerves

Anal probing?
      BR prob called him a dick said don't do it again then they had a laugh about it and its all sorted
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1547 
      Reply #26: Jan 17, 2013 04:14:31 pm
      BR prob called him a dick said don't do it again then they had a laugh about it and its all sorted
      And then the media turn it into the third world war or something.

Still, I wish Suarez would stop and think now and then
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: Jan 17, 2013 04:15:27 pm
      In regards what Suarez has said - I wish he had just kept quiet

The media and pundits etc were actually starting to be on his side - after the recent handball a lot of people actually came out in support of him

Sorry but that is nonsense. The media slated him in every paper that I saw on sale! Pundits love him, but the media doesn't. Massive difference between the two!

Don't see why he should be punished for admitting it, not as though we didn't already know it anyway. If Rodgers has only just realised that he dived then somebody show the guy some coffee. It's not as though he wasn't aware that he likes to do daft sh*t on the pitch anyway. Transfer budget really must be low, wonder what loanee Suarez's wages are going to when he gets fined :)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 774 
      Reply #28: Jan 17, 2013 04:15:57 pm
      Great player, unfortunately Luis cannot steer clear of controversy, one way or another. Still I hope he stays as on ability a truly world class player.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #29: Jan 17, 2013 04:28:45 pm
      And then the media turn it into the third world war or something.

Still, I wish Suarez would stop and think now and then

Totally agree.

The problem is even our own fans are lapping it up
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #30: Jan 17, 2013 04:31:01 pm
      Sorry but that is nonsense. The media slated him in every paper that I saw on sale! Pundits love him, but the media doesn't. Massive difference between the two!

Don't see why he should be punished for admitting it, not as though we didn't already know it anyway. If Rodgers has only just realised that he dived then somebody show the guy some coffee. It's not as though he wasn't aware that he likes to do daft sh*t on the pitch anyway. Transfer budget really must be low, wonder what loanee Suarez's wages are going to when he gets fined :)

They have said they will "deal with it internally"

No mention of any punishments etc

Just a lot if speculation and jumping to conclusions
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31: Jan 17, 2013 04:45:05 pm
      Hilarious, Liverpool fans saying his consistent messing up is getting on my nerves:

Since the lad has been here he has had a Kangaroo court convict him of being racist when even his accuser didn't say he was racist. For this he served a ban on the basis of one word against another. This then led to him being hung out to dry by the Sponsor loving owners who cared more about our media image, our brand value than hiring a real solicitor able to represent him and stand strong together as a united front. In fact we were further vilified for presenting that united image in wearing T-shirts, something that any true Liverpool supporter would of appreciated as a show of togetherness and considering the individuals wearing the T-shirts included various black players it would of further highlighted the ridiculous nature of this claim against him.

Then a manufactured handshake issue that was clear to me and anyone who cared to look at it with an impartial eye what actually happened was painted Luis again as the devil for not bowing to his accuser a man he still today would tell you falsely had him banned from playing the game he loves.

He has then been subjected to the worst case of media hounding I have seen any player be put through in my time as a football fan. Every single away ground we go to chant his name in derogatory fashion, they boo him at every given opportunity because of this. Opposition managers have gone as far as singling him out and Alco being allowed to go as far as giving us advice to sell him and Golem taking pleasure in sticking his 2 pence where it doesn't belong. Luis then fights back with an hilarious dive in front of Moyes after scoring against them and rubbing his words in his face, something we must all take great pleasure in and the perfect response to the point Moyes even agreed with it and found it funny himself.

He then dives occasionally, not nearly as much as the media attempt to paint and again is vilified from every single aspect of the media, when we all know there are worse culprits out there and considering the cultural differences educated football commentators or pundits would know it is accepted in foreign football so we should at least expect if not condone some of that behaviour from him. Add to this that he has been stamped on, assaulted in the box without any penalty being given, at least 5 occasions this season he has had a clear penalty with nothing given and yet after clear accidental handball is branded as "that is the work of a cheat!"

After all this Luis still has the honesty and integrity when questioned to admit to his occasional dive and be a man about it rather than avoid the question or frankly I don't really care whatever response others would like him to give. I respect that, I see the merit in it and am appauled that any Liverpool fan can say "his consistent messing up is getting on my nerves".

This man needs our support, earns our support, plays his heart out every game to the point he embarrasses many of the others in our Red shirt. I will never need to question his motives, never need to question his effort because he leaves absolutely nothing behind in trying to bring success back to our club and actually looks proud to wear the crest of LFC. For that he will never get on my nerves and I will support him until the day he leaves our club, but if his very own supporters start turning on him then frankly that gets on my nerves!

YNWA Luis!
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #32: Jan 17, 2013 04:56:31 pm
      Been set up again if BR has bollocked him he is a dickhead, unless FSG are behind it, they  fine Suarez he sees his arse asked to leave, they reluctantly sell him for massive amount and Suarez is to blame.

Am i being to cynical?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #33: Jan 17, 2013 05:07:29 pm
      There has been times when he has dived, it's been mentioned on here numerous times.  Still more times where he was fouled and got bugger all though.
      He [Luis] talks about the Stoke game and maybe exaggerating some contact between himself and their bully boy defenders who were kicking the F***ing sh*t out of him all day.
      The ref no doubt affected by bacon face's propoganda, lies and Mighty Chief of the FA status was loathe to give Luis the time of F***ing day as Stoke's gorilla's did what they were instructed.
      What is he to do?
      No doubt if he were to cop for a broken leg or some other serious injury, he would be left where he fell his cries for assistance totally ignored with the opposing Stoke gorilla's still kicking sh*t out of him.
      All he can do is demonstrate to the officials that people are trying to inflict actual bodily harm to his good self in the hope that someone has an unaffected grasp of the rules of football and cansave him from a F***ing good kicking.
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2013 05:32:04 pm by stuey »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1547 
      Reply #34: Jan 17, 2013 05:09:47 pm
      Hilarious, Liverpool fans saying his consistent messing up is getting on my nerves:

I said that. Me. Rush. I'll say it again too: His persistent (more accurate) is starting to get on my nerves.

Since the lad has been here he has had a Kangaroo court convict him of being racist when even his accuser didn't say he was racist. For this he served a ban on the basis of one word against another. This then led to him being hung out to dry by the Sponsor loving owners who cared more about our media image, our brand value than hiring a real solicitor able to represent him and stand strong together as a united front. In fact we were further vilified for presenting that united image in wearing T-shirts, something that any true Liverpool supporter would of appreciated as a show of togetherness and considering the individuals wearing the T-shirts included various black players it would of further highlighted the ridiculous nature of this claim against him.

Then a manufactured handshake issue that was clear to me and anyone who cared to look at it with an impartial eye what actually happened was painted Luis again as the devil for not bowing to his accuser a man he still today would tell you falsely had him banned from playing the game he loves.

He has then been subjected to the worst case of media hounding I have seen any player be put through in my time as a football fan. Every single away ground we go to chant his name in derogatory fashion, they boo him at every given opportunity because of this. Opposition managers have gone as far as singling him out and Alco being allowed to go as far as giving us advice to sell him and Golem taking pleasure in sticking his 2 pence where it doesn't belong. Luis then fights back with an hilarious dive in front of Moyes after scoring against them and rubbing his words in his face, something we must all take great pleasure in and the perfect response to the point Moyes even agreed with it and found it funny himself.

He then dives occasionally, not nearly as much as the media attempt to paint and again is vilified from every single aspect of the media, when we all know there are worse culprits out there and considering the cultural differences educated football commentators or pundits would know it is accepted in foreign football so we should at least expect if not condone some of that behaviour from him. Add to this that he has been stamped on, assaulted in the box without any penalty being given, at least 5 occasions this season he has had a clear penalty with nothing given and yet after clear accidental handball is branded as "that is the work of a cheat!"

After all this Luis still has the honesty and integrity when questioned to admit to his occasional dive and be a man about it rather than avoid the question or frankly I don't really care whatever response others would like him to give. I respect that, I see the merit in it and am appauled that any Liverpool fan can say "his consistent messing up is getting on my nerves".

Me again! I said that. And seeing as you find it so hilarious, I'll say it again too: 'His persistent messing up is getting on my nerves.'

This man needs our support, earns our support, plays his heart out every game to the point he embarrasses many of the others in our Red shirt. I will never need to question his motives, never need to question his effort because he leaves absolutely nothing behind in trying to bring success back to our club and actually looks proud to wear the crest of LFC.
      He gets my full support, but his persistent messing up is still getting on my nerves :D

For that he will never get on my nerves and I will support him until the day he leaves our club, but if his very own supporters start turning on him then frankly that gets on my nerves!

YNWA Luis!

FFS, first off, climb down off your high horse and take a breath will you? Stop playing to the gallery, it's ridiculous. I can almost here the violins in the background.

You are aware you can still support someone and at the same time have the opinion they could have done something better yes?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #35: Jan 17, 2013 05:17:16 pm
      High horse, no high horse here. Just simple, honest supporting of a player who has earned it and more importantly, needs it!

Persistent messing up, could of done something better?

Give us 11 players in of each position with the talent and ability Luis Suarez has and you'll see Liverpool back where we belong. Continue to criticise and not give him your full support and watch him pulling on the jersey of another team next season and see where all your criticism and irritation at his "persistent messing" will have got us then.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #36: Jan 17, 2013 05:17:18 pm
      This then led to him being hung out to dry by the Sponsor loving owners who cared more about our media image, our brand value than hiring a real solicitor able to represent him and stand strong together as a united front

I agree with most of your sentiments but remember that LFC is more than simply Luis Suraez and our media image isn't particularly great as a result of the fact that Luis wasn't represented robustly enough with the FA. This coupled with Kenny's aggressive and contemptuous approach to the media, the T-Shirts where the wrong way to go about backing up a player and has lead to the toxic relationship with the media that LFC is still suffering from. Rather than Kenny and players getting involved, FSG should have hired the best solicitors to defend Luis and PR gurus to defend the image of the club rather than being reactive to the situation once we began to be labeled as a racist club in some quarters. It is a direct result of the mismanagement of that situation that has lead to the bandwagon Luis is suffering from. That bandwagon is having a determent to LFC's global image.

This is why I maintain we need a Communications Director in place who builds a solid PR team around him so that we can manage the media in a manner that removes the bandwagon and improves the club's image. One that ensures that players don't end up shooting themselves in the foot and further harming the brand. None of what's gone on is Luis' fault, it's simply a consequence of the mismanagement of our media relationship.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #37: Jan 17, 2013 05:19:39 pm
      Very dissapionted by this 'revelation' from Suarez...

This will for sure be noticed by the FA and the refs - he will now never win a pen again, and it will impact the team. BR should have said nothing too, just not talked about it and dealt with it.

For me this is the begining of the end for Suarez, its a shocker. I cannot beleive he said this - its truly absurd. Perhaps we should start looking now at another striker as he will be pelters from all ends - managers, fans, refs, chairman - the lot!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #38: Jan 17, 2013 05:28:47 pm
      Great player, unfortunately Luis cannot steer clear of controversy, one way or another. Still I hope he stays as on ability a truly world class player.
      Great player and everyone agrees including bacon face and his representative in the FA; who make F***ing sure he has as much controversey as they can lay before him.
      As long as you swallow the created horseshit about Luis and controversey the likelyhood of him getting off gathers pace.
      That's exactly the reason for the ''controversey'' - to make Luis' position for LFC unbearable and ensure he fucks off somewhere or other.
      To give the controversey any credit is playing their game.
      The only controversey is to whether or not Luis  Suarez is the best player on the face of the earth.
      Blow that out your controversial arse Ferguson. 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1547 
      Reply #39: Jan 17, 2013 05:32:11 pm
      Persistent messing up, could of done something better?
      Yep. Life is all about the choices you make, Luis, you, I, David Cameron, everyone. Some choices are better than others. Honestly? People say he plays like a kid, with no fear, I sometimes think he acts like a kid too.

Give us 11 players in of each position with the talent and ability Luis Suarez has and you'll see Liverpool back where we belong.
      Wtf has that got to do with him thinking before he runs off to the demon press and inviting sh*te to be thrown at him and us? Perspective is needed I think. Look, nobody is denying his talent, I'm just saying that his constant getting into trouble with the press, is starting to wear a bit thin with me.

Continue to criticise and not give him your full support and watch him pulling on the jersey of another team next season and see where all your criticism and irritation at his "persistent messing" will have got us then.

Talk about exaggeration. You've gone and taken my one online personal evaluation of him being a bit of clown toward the press (you'd think he'd have learned about them by now no?), to him pulling on a jersey for another team?

Hey, I'll bet you a pretty dollar I'm not the only one thinking Luis needs to be a bit more street savvy in front of the vulture press, who feed on things like this.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #40: Jan 17, 2013 05:36:58 pm
      Leave it out, what's all this about being savvy with the ''vulture press''.
      You can be as savvy and suss with them cu*ts and they still print what they or whoever is pulling their strings, wants to.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #41: Jan 17, 2013 05:38:32 pm
      How the hell has it got round to Ferguson and the FA ?!

Suarez said he dived ffs - stupid thing to do after our manager backed him all season long against the media

What does that have to do with Ferguson

We always looked to divide blame onto anyone but who is guilty in the instance

In this case the person at fault is Suarez and BR has prob given him a bollocking and it's all done and dusted.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #42: Jan 17, 2013 05:39:26 pm
      After careful deliberation I have come to one conclusion....so what.

He is a professional footballer that wants to win at any cost. Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all for me.
      He is also one of the best players in the world and can do things that other players cant do and that's why we all love him, that's also why everyone else hates him.

After last season I worried that his form would dip and he would be driven out of English football.....this season he signed a contract extension and is having the best season of his career....I hope the press keep slating him, it seems to spur him on. ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,351 posts | 4968 
      Reply #43: Jan 17, 2013 05:39:53 pm
      The last thing Luis needs is us fans rounding on him as there will be enough of that already.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #44: Jan 17, 2013 05:46:37 pm
      So he dives, big deal, whop-e-do.

So does EVERY other f**ker.

He who has not sinned cast the first stone.

The Dive in question was so obvious it was unreal,so really this is another non-story.

Maradona did it,and they won the World Cup.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #45: Jan 17, 2013 06:02:36 pm
      Can I just say

Tony Pulis is a c**t in the bracket of right c**ts like Ferguson

Quick Reply