Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Philippe Coutinho (Inter)

Read 72814 times
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Inter)
      Reply #23: Jan 21, 2013 07:26:44 am

Published in echo also !
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #24: Jan 21, 2013 07:44:17 am
      Decent young player.

Dont think he's consistent though.

Injury prone too. But not a bad player to have in the squad.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #25: Jan 21, 2013 07:47:52 am
      Decent young player.

Dont think he's consistent though.

Injury prone too. But not a bad player to have in the squad.
      He's injured right now I think. Pretty sure that's why he's been out of the Inter squad.

If we can get Agger fit for a whole season, well anythings possible ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #26: Jan 21, 2013 09:12:27 am
      Guardian reporting we've upped our bid to £8 mil and Echo reporting he's set to be our second signing of the window this week. Excited about this lad for  £8 mil but don't think we should risk paying much more. Definitely a BR signing, 2 footed, quick, can dribble and knows where the net is.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #27: Jan 21, 2013 10:25:44 am
      He's not experienced, but he is a number 10 and that's what we need.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #28: Jan 21, 2013 10:30:24 am
      With any foreign player coming in, there's always that element of doubt as to whether they'll cut it here but on the whole, I'm pretty excited by the prospect of Philippe joining us. I'm well aware he was the next big thing a couple of years back and I've no idea what's happened since but I didn't expect him to be playing for us any time soon.
      Hope this happens now and Spurs don't come in for him!
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #29: Jan 21, 2013 10:44:13 am
      With any foreign player coming in, there's always that element of doubt as to whether they'll cut it here but on the whole, I'm pretty excited by the prospect of Philippe joining us. I'm well aware he was the next big thing a couple of years back and I've no idea what's happened since but I didn't expect him to be playing for us any time soon.
      Hope this happens now and Spurs don't come in for him!
      He could be better fit in the no 10 role than Allen for sure.
      I don't fear about spurs though. Even coutinho will know that he will not make into his team and would be direct starter for us. They already have Sig and Holtby joining.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #30: Jan 21, 2013 11:00:17 am
      James Pearce on Echo reporting he'll be our second signing of this window

HOPE SO.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #31: Jan 21, 2013 11:15:49 am
      Finding it a bit difficult to get excited about another youngster to be honest, especially when people who've watched him more than me don't think he's that great.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #32: Jan 21, 2013 11:17:30 am
      Finding it a bit difficult to get excited about another youngster to be honest, especially when people who've watched him more than me don't think he's that great.

This. I'm sick of us signing players who may be great in four years time. I want to see a big signing that's going to help us push for the top 4.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #33: Jan 21, 2013 11:58:36 am
      This. I'm sick of us signing players who may be great in four years time. I want to see a big signing that's going to help us push for the top 4.

You got it mate! We have enough young players with huge potential. We need a couple of players who can drive us forward right now
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #34: Jan 21, 2013 12:08:55 pm
      Apparently a second bid is in. Should be simple compared to Sneijder.

Less wages, a little more up-front. Plus Inter are hard-up.

Echo story: Link
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #35: Jan 21, 2013 12:16:08 pm
      Had a great start to the season with Inter - has dropped considerably since. Around 8m seems fair, wouldn't go higher.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #36: Jan 21, 2013 12:22:22 pm
      I have mixed feelings about him, at one point he looked like a superstar in the making, though in some moments it felt like he could settle as just one of many would-bes Brazilian football produces.

I remember he was Vasco best player as a youngster before moving to Europe, but I had doubts about him back then, as for all the trickery and flair, I thought there wasn't enough productivity. However, he was too young then and playing for a very poor side (that would be relegated little after).

Then Rafa Benitez became Inter Milan manager and he seemed like he could realize his potential, after all, playing regularly and playing well, most of the time. Not sure of why he hasn't been given more chances by other Inter managers but I'm certain the club's instability in the last few seasons have affected his performances - it has affected the squad as a whole.

I hear he did great for Espanyol, and that's encouraging.

All in all, I'm not totally sold on him as yet, but see it with positivity. If Rodgers think he can get the best out of him, I'm all for it. We really need more attacking quality...
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #37: Jan 21, 2013 12:27:23 pm
      I have mixed feelings about him, at one point he looked like a superstar in the making, though in some moments it felt like he could settle as just one of many would-bes Brazilian football produces.

I remember he was Vasco best player as a youngster before moving to Europe, but I had doubts about him back then, as for all the trickery and flair, I thought there wasn't enough productivity. However, he was too young then and playing for a very poor side (that would be relegated little after).

Then Rafa Benitez became Inter Milan manager and he seemed like he could realize his potential, after all, playing regularly and playing well, most of the time. Not sure of why he hasn't been given more chances by other Inter managers but I'm certain the club's instability in the last few seasons have affected his performances - it has affected the squad as a whole.

All in all, I'm not totally sold on him as yet, but see it with positivity. If Rodgers think he can get the best out of him, I'm all for it. We really need more attacking quality...

And is it worth spending £8m on a player who still hasn't realised his potential yet?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38: Jan 21, 2013 12:31:33 pm
      And is it worth spending £8m on a player who still hasn't realised his potential yet?

With £8M you probably won't get a player on his prime, at least not one proven in a big stage. It will mostly be gambles and young or decadent players.

Coutinho is only 20 years old despite being around for quite a while.
      Bier
      Reply #39: Jan 21, 2013 12:31:46 pm
      If he had then he wouldn't cost 8, but at least 20, and Inter wouldn't be selling him.

Although I would personally prefer a talent that has showed constant progression in his development, not stagnation. But for that price you'd have to shop in smaller leagues for those.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #40: Jan 21, 2013 12:34:33 pm

Read something earlier that they had move to a 3-5-2 and he didn't fit into the system.
      Must look more into that.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #41: Jan 21, 2013 12:40:11 pm
      With £8M you probably won't get a player on his prime, at least not one proven in a big stage. It will mostly be gambles and young or decadent players.

Coutinho is only 20 years old despite being around for quite a while.

£8m can be put towards a player in his prime rather than £8m for an unproven 20 year old. They may as well go down the bookies and throw £8m on a 100-1 outsider.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #42: Jan 21, 2013 12:42:33 pm
      £8m can be put towards a player in his prime rather than £8m for an unproven 20 year old. They may as well go down the bookies and throw £8m on a 100-1 outsider.

Or they can put all eggs in one basket to appease the fans... that would be smart.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #43: Jan 21, 2013 12:43:32 pm
      If we get Coutinho our squad will be looking much, much better. Extremely young, that's for sure, but a front 4 of Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho could develop into something very special.

What I do like is that it would set us up for this Summer when we could add a couple of top drawer players and then competition for places may become very nice indeed.

This lad definitely has the potential to be world class and I'm personally all for the signing, would prefer if he was coming in behind a regular and pushing for a place but I think he's coming in as our number 10, that will be interesting given his lack of game time and how we're playing at the moment.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #44: Jan 21, 2013 12:45:40 pm
      If he does come, It's a shame he will be cup-tied for Europa as that's where he would probably get more of a run-in. Can't see him being thrown into a prem match, especially if he's had an injury recently.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #45: Jan 21, 2013 12:46:24 pm

Isn't that what scouting is meant to do?

Reduce the risk?

There has to be a balance found...
      Money is killing the game.. We have always really promoted kids from within or signed prominent players over the last couple of decades..
      You can look at Collymore for 8.5 million quid or Torres for 22 million.. Both big money for the day..
      Now those players cost clubs like ours 30 million plus and FSG have made it clear they won't find that.
      We can disagree with it but essentially we have to accept it.

We are looking for young talent to groom or the next level up.. But not that top end cash players..
      Unfortunately under FSG for now it's not going to happen..

So our scouts have to get their jobs right and bring in players that aren't 100-1 outsiders

Quick Reply