Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Watching Chelsea and Arsenal....

Read 1516 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Watching Chelsea and Arsenal....
      Jan 20, 2013 04:39:23 pm
      I could only realize how good BR has been this season, and I can only say hats off to him.

Arsenal was being dominated the whole 45 mins, unable to get the ball out of defense and Walcott was their only threat. They were suffocating due to the high pressing-we know well- of Mr Rafa and the quality of their attacking players & wingers scared the sh*t out of them; their midfield with its "so talented" Diaby and "incredible" Wilshere was pierced like paper would be. This made me realize something: not ONCE in this season we have been that dominated and we can all agree that our players are much younger than those at Arsenal and they have much better players: BR has done an incredible job!

BR has tried to implement his own style which is in fact the way Liverpool has always been known for: playing one or two touches football and attractive passing football. He has come and brought with him Allen and Borini who fit perfectly in the philosophy of our owners. He has since day 1 tried to implement the passing game into the squad, the reserve players included. He has given the chance to Suso, Sterling and Wisdom while the senior players were still learning the new style of play and formation. In brief, he has implemented his philosophy starting with the core of our club.

And still we are only 6 points off top 4 and our squad is free of any crisis: performance wise or concerning the media. He has brought us here with... beating of drums... Suso, Sterling and Downing!... yes Downing!.... as wingers! Yesterday Hendo, yep Hendo! produced a performance Wilshere would have been jealous of today(yes its Chelsea but still...). Suarez has been on fire for whatever reason and Gerrard has produced 8 assists this season if I'm not wrong. Even our two players who shared one assist and one goal in one season have been great recently.

I said all this to say: BR has done wonderful things with what was at his disposal, indeed he "could" have done better, he is not perfect but he has done great things so far. Yes, his interviews are quite frustrating and  his team selections have often been awful, but look at Arsenal, they have Walcott, Gervinho, Arshavin, Wilshere, Diaby, Giroud, Cazorla, Rosicky and yet we have the same number of points. Today they were unbelievably screwed by Chelsea while us, although we had some frustrating games, we were never dominated like Arsenal was today. It's even more honorable when you think again that we have the youngest squad of the EPL and one of the thinnest too! How many times had we been dominating games but were just missing a Sturridge? ;)

Hats off BR, It would be nice if you could sign another player this month, an experienced one if possible. But seriously hats off, we can only improve now and go for this f**king top 4 spot! :scarf:
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Watching Chelsea and Arsenal....
      Reply #1: Jan 20, 2013 04:54:09 pm
      yes you are right. a lot fo things we worried about are somewhat sorted, or at least managed and look to be improving. gerrard and suarez are immense, among the top two or three strikers and midfielders in the league. we are happy with their numbers, goals and assists. as you mentioned the youngsters have had chances, places have been cemented, players have been improved, we don't really have any dead weights. i could say more but i just want us to keep getting better and hit that next level.

Quick Reply