Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Liverpool MotM?

Johnson
      (6.1%)
      Lucas
      (0.7%)
      Gerrard
      (44.9%)
      Henderson
      (27.9%)
      Downing
      (0.7%)
      Sturridge
      (8.2%)
      Suarez
      (11.6%)

Liverpool 5-0 Norwich City: In-game & post-match jaw-dropping

Read 31734 times
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Norwich City: In-game & post-match jaw-dropping
      Reply #437: Jan 19, 2013 05:47:25 pm
      Poll added. Vote away.

Unfortunately I couldn't add Kopite91 as he's not an LFC player ;)

So what? Kopite91 man of the match!  ;D

No, seriously, if I can't vote for Kopite91 I vote for Luis. Brilliant play and pass for the 1-0, class finish in that goal kick for the 2-0, and he fought and won the ball and played it just right for Downing-Stu for the 3-0.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #438: Jan 19, 2013 05:47:50 pm
      See what happens when we actually have two strikers ?
      TWO strikers.

Not bad really.
      Not bad at all.

Well done Lads.  That'll do.   Now keep it going.

MOTM   Stevie. Captains game.

Match Report Awaited Miss G.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #439: Jan 19, 2013 05:50:58 pm
      After watching that, i won't be too dissapointed if we don't sign more players this window.

Sturridge is a class act, loving his passing and movement - picked out Johnson a few times making decent runs, which really got the attack flowing. Deffo think we would be in the top four now if we signed him in the summer.

Gerrard, Hendo and Lucas - This is our best mid! Absolute class.

I get the sentiment, but this is when we all need reminding that this is Norwich. And it's not like we haven't battered them like this before.

This is exactly what I love to see from this team. But it's also what this team should be doing in games against this level of competition.

Sturridge looks like a signing that could make a world of difference, true. I just want to see that world of difference against the likes of Arsenal and Manchester City before I feel settled with this transfer window.

EDIT: Went with Henderson for MOTM because his energy is infectious and it makes such a big difference for the whole team. Add in a sublime goal, as well as the key pass on Sturridge's goal and I think he earned it. Though as many have said, could have given it to pretty much anyone.

Oh and on another note. Just seen this on twitter:

@thisisanfield
      Rodgers confirmed that Reina had an operation on his nose yesterday. Reports say he is out for 4 weeks. #LFC
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #440: Jan 19, 2013 05:53:28 pm
      Gone for Stevie as my MOTM, he was very good today, but so was everyone.  Buzzing after that, made my week!  Thank you lads :)
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #441: Jan 19, 2013 06:23:39 pm
      off topic:  Morroco - Angola game tonight, fingers crossed for assaidi getting some game time :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #442: Jan 19, 2013 06:32:26 pm
      Excellent performance from the team and the manager. They aren't actually much of a rarity these days, and no doubt there will be plenty of posters who have given Brendan stick over the last few days coming on here to give him credit. Perhaps he's not such an idiot after all.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #443: Jan 19, 2013 06:35:51 pm
      Well we spanked them after all  ;D

Great performance from everyone today.  Not only did we score 5 goals but we had 5 different scorers, that's got to be a good thing.

Gone for Stevie MOM, been waiting all season for one of those goals.  Nice to have you back, Captain  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      luciano-lfc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #444: Jan 19, 2013 06:38:05 pm
      Aston Villa beating West Brom 2-0, as well. 7th position is ours, it seems.  ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #445: Jan 19, 2013 06:39:32 pm
      Good result and good to see the goals go in,I was pleased with Henderson as he seemed to add a much needed bite to the midfield.Suarezas was again outstanding and he showed the world that he is not a selfish player.Each player deserves praise but I will give my m.o.m. to Henderson for a top performance.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #446: Jan 19, 2013 06:45:34 pm
      My man of the match was the captain, an absolutely fantastic performance yet again. Carra was excellent too FWIW.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #447: Jan 19, 2013 06:57:45 pm
      Poll added. Vote away.

Unfortunately I couldn't add Kopite91 as he's not an LFC player ;)

That's what you think. ;)

Still pissed that Bennett knocked in the 5th, Borini was ready to pounce! That would have been God like status confirmed! :D

MOTM is a tough one but had to give it to Gerrard, rolled back the clock today. Top quality performance, had a say in everything we done.

Upon saying that you could stake a claim for everyone. Still have to give a special mention to Carragher. He's a club legend and showed why today. Wether it was 0-0 or 5-0 he was constantly on to everyone about where they should be and what they need to do. We've missed that leadership at times. Well in Carra, Skrtel may earn that starting place back.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #448: Jan 19, 2013 07:00:50 pm
       It gives an indication of the game when we have so many players nominated for m.o.m., and that is the way it should be not having to rely on one man to get the desired result.Well done REDMEN.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #449: Jan 19, 2013 07:12:34 pm
      It gives an indication of the game when we have so many players nominated for m.o.m., and that is the way it should be not having to rely on one man to get the desired result.Well done REDMEN.

Spot on that Billy, long may that trend continue.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #450: Jan 19, 2013 07:15:15 pm
      I'll watch the second half on lfc tv then decide. From the first half though it would have been Hendo for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #451: Jan 19, 2013 07:24:01 pm
      Seems like every time I miss watching a game we play lights out, for the club's sake maybe I should not watch more often ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #452: Jan 19, 2013 07:33:32 pm
      Tell you what, all that bragging from Ayre about the smart deal regarding Sturridge could end up making him look a right plonker if Sturridge keeps finding the onion bag.

Yeh Ian you saved a few quid at the expense of atleast 4 times that in return of Champions League money, Doh !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #453: Jan 19, 2013 07:44:56 pm
      Will Sterling get the 5th on review? Did he shoot on target? Only seen one gritty replay via the live stream I was watching.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #454: Jan 19, 2013 07:52:04 pm
      Will Sterling get the 5th on review? Did he shoot on target? Only seen one gritty replay via the live stream I was watching.

Just had a look on ESPN Goals, (iPhone App).

Difficult to say. Looked OG to me.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #455: Jan 19, 2013 07:56:18 pm
      I'm still buzzing with the win and I wouldn't say anyone had a bad game today, but there was one thing I wasn't too happy about even though I'm sure it's just me trying to read too much into situation... well, it was Henderson's reaction after scoring the goal. Just didn't feel like the right attitude there. It annoyed the hell out of me when Downing scored his first goal in a million years just to "shush" the Kop... now Hendo scores his first goal in ages too and runs around shouting "F**k off" - Hendo and Stewie, you're only doing once what you're supposed to do on a regular basis, lads...

Anyway, as I said, I'm probably exaggerating. Can't fault our performance today, and what a result to go with it.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #456: Jan 19, 2013 07:56:55 pm
      Listened to the game on the radio, sounded as if was a real top performance from the side. Only thing is can we find the consistency between now and the rest of the season, to move further up the table, or is it too late to make a late challenge for a Champion's league spot. What might of been if Sturridge had been signed in the summer.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #457: Jan 19, 2013 08:10:33 pm
      I'm still buzzing with the win and I wouldn't say anyone had a bad game today, but there was one thing I wasn't too happy about even though I'm sure it's just me trying to read too much into situation... well, it was Henderson's reaction after scoring the goal. Just didn't feel like the right attitude there. It annoyed the hell out of me when Downing scored his first goal in a million years just to "shush" the Kop... now Hendo scores his first goal in ages too and runs around shouting "f**k off" - Hendo and Stewie, you're only doing once what you're supposed to do on a regular basis, lads...

Anyway, as I said, I'm probably exaggerating. Can't fault our performance today, and what a result to go with it.

It looked more like a release of frustration to me Diego.

Maybe your dislike of Hendo is clouding your judgement. ;)
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #458: Jan 19, 2013 08:15:04 pm
      I'm still buzzing with the win and I wouldn't say anyone had a bad game today, but there was one thing I wasn't too happy about even though I'm sure it's just me trying to read too much into situation... well, it was Henderson's reaction after scoring the goal. Just didn't feel like the right attitude there. It annoyed the hell out of me when Downing scored his first goal in a million years just to "shush" the Kop... now Hendo scores his first goal in ages too and runs around shouting "f**k off" - Hendo and Stewie, you're only doing once what you're supposed to do on a regular basis, lads...

To be fair, both these guys get an absolute hammering from the media based on their performances after big money moves.  Granted, both of them have sunk to depths of ineptitude I thought impossible to mankind, but I don't blame either of them for celebrating goals in this manner.  In my opinion both of their celebrations are a 'F**k you' to people who continually bash them and I'd rather they show the emotion than have none at all.

Anyways, great result and performance as well.  It was so comfortable, I was egging Carra to get forward and have a pop at goal.  Sturridge and Suarez already showing signs of a fantastic partnership.
      Game-well-and-truly-over
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #459: Jan 19, 2013 08:18:35 pm

I was happy with Henderson's reaction, it was passionate and spontaneous - I wasn't so keen on Downing's reaction a while back, but then he frustrates me more than any other Liverpool player, so I am completely biased there.  Excellent team performance today, with most having decent games.

Quick Reply