Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your Liverpool MotM?

Johnson
      (6.1%)
      Lucas
      (0.7%)
      Gerrard
      (44.9%)
      Henderson
      (27.9%)
      Downing
      (0.7%)
      Sturridge
      (8.2%)
      Suarez
      (11.6%)

Liverpool 5-0 Norwich City: In-game & post-match jaw-dropping

Read 31707 times
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Norwich City: In-game & post-match jaw-dropping
      Reply #483: Jan 20, 2013 12:38:24 am
      Great game to watch, and a very good performance.  Thought the movement was very good and it was nice to see a bench with players who could make a difference.  Thought Sturridge played very well - he is a far better footballer than I had realised, and fits in well with our passing game, spreading the ball around nicely at times.  The movement between the front players was very good and there always seemed to be an option available.

While we all want to see Suarez in and around the box, but when he came deeper, players were unable to pick him up and the whole dynamic of space around the area seemed to change - this will cause teams problems, with players unsure exactly who is picking him up.

Though Johnson was very good today, and always gave an outlet down the left.  The rest of the back four were largely untroubled today.

I am beginning to think that Downing will be a valuable player to us when we are playing well as a team (sounds a bit stupid when I read that back, but you know what I mean).

Just before he scored I was thinking that Henderson, while not doing anything wrong, seemed lost and not sure of exactly where he was playing.  For me he is more of an all round midfielder rather that attacking or defensive as we seem to label them these days.  Still he did nothing wrong today and looks a lot better since he regained his place. 
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #484: Jan 20, 2013 09:01:46 am
      Went for Gerrard motm,he rolled back the years with that display,and Henderson is proving me wrong,i can see a bright future for him if he keeps playing the way he is,norwich were totally outclassed from start to finish,and it was just like the old days when we would batter the next team we played following a defeat.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #485: Jan 20, 2013 09:07:29 am
       A great team performance
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #486: Jan 20, 2013 10:53:11 am
      Ha ha.

Brilliant edit to the opening post of this thread!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #487: Jan 20, 2013 11:00:25 am
      Jump straight to full-time:
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,44280.msg1418535.html#msg1418535

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Suarez, Downing, Sturridge.
      Gulacsi, Allen, Borini, Sterling, Shelvey, Robinson, Skrtel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out The Kopite91's predictions:

:D

Did you put the lotto on last night mate?
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #488: Jan 20, 2013 01:14:30 pm
      Had a bloody great day yesterday my motm was DS i watched closely the whole time he was playing.
      Pace is only a small part of this lads game he has it all imo. He can score goals, beat a man, lay it off
      hold it up the lot. This lad is a player no doubt he can not only do all the above he actually knows when
      to do all the above.
      Have to say i was also of the impression he was good but greedy total crap he knows when to hold & when
      to let go
      Totally impressed by him yesterday well done Brendan a bloody bargain in my book.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #489: Jan 20, 2013 01:20:30 pm
      Great win. Nice to get the big win in to get the confidence flowing before 2 very very tough away fixtures in the league.

I'm probably late to the game in terms of talking about the match but in a nutshell, most players were brilliant. TBH I would give my MOTM to Hendo. You could see how much that goal meant to him, and the station round of applause for when he was taken off just shows how his form has improved  and how he is being appreciated lately.

Johnson brilliant, Stevie brilliant, SAS brilliant.

Can't fault a 5-0 win :) 
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #490: Jan 20, 2013 01:24:34 pm
      Now a convincing win to a side above us will do a world of good.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #491: Jan 20, 2013 01:46:06 pm
      Well chuffed...I predicted an avalanche and I got one...
      Whatever game plan Wenger and Mancini may have had in mind for the next couple o weeks there gonna have to have a re-think when we turn up..
      We need to keep that S&S combination upfront now for every game , none of this playing deep , sideways passing away from home inviting them in from the start...Get at em and put THEM on the back foot..
      5 cracking goals yesterday...Total Domination !!
      Well in boys !!
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #492: Jan 20, 2013 02:10:59 pm

You'd be surprised.

:D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #493: Jan 20, 2013 02:23:42 pm
      We were F***ing boss and we've returned in the last few weeks to not settle for a 1-0 win. We've gone for the kill to finish games off.

Defensively we had very little to do but what we did have to, we done reasonably well with one or two exceptions from set pieces. Jones looked assured, Wisdom has returned to his form, Carra and Agger dealt with everything and Johnson once again defended admirably on the left.

Midfield was positive throughout. Lucas had arguably his best game since returning from injury, Gerrard was a F***ing beast and Henderson harried and hurried the Norwich players throughout to constantly win back possession. And when he had it, he was always looking to create something. That's our best midfield trio by a country F***ing mile.

Up top, Downing looked dangerous for once, Suarez produced what we've come to expect from and Sturridge looks like he's slotted in with no problems. He and Suarez have got an instant understanding and with Stevie providing the service for them, well success can only follow in truth.

The goals, were all special. Henderson's was a F***ing rocket and something a lot of us have wished for, for a long time - a central midfielder on the edge on the box. Suarez' was top quality throughout. Positive forward ball from Lucas, clever dummy by Sturridge and a well taken finish by Luis. The third was again a positive pass from a midfielder - this time Henderson - chipping it over for Downing who puts in a dangerous ball first time only for Danny to knock it home for three in three. Stevie's goal was the Stevie of old, driving from the middle and rocketing one in from 20 odd yards out. And the fifth, great play by Raheem before he rolls it across to either score himself or for Borini to knock it in but unfortunately Bennett got in the way. Still ended in a goal, but would of been nice for us to score all five. But five goals, five different goalscorers - not bad la.

Was F***ing bouncing round town last night (or should that be slipping?).

It was the perfect start to the weekend.

Now it's time to keep this run going and give Oldham a good F***ing twatting as well. Before turning Arsenal over and continuing our march up the table.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #494: Jan 20, 2013 02:32:58 pm
      Awesome, absolutely fantastic performance! Don't need to write a long post, that was brilliant and let's batter Arsenal and move up the table.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #495: Jan 20, 2013 04:56:22 pm
      Why couldn't we click like that against the Mancs? Battered them from start to finish and can't fault a single player.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #496: Jan 20, 2013 05:04:19 pm
      Why couldn't we click like that against the Mancs? Battered them from start to finish and can't fault a single player.
      We did after they scored there second so its a bit of a carry on from when Sturridge came on at Oldtrafford.Really fancy us against Arsenal if we play like this again
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #497: Jan 20, 2013 06:25:11 pm
      I think a large portion of the MASSIVE improvement in eefort and committment is down to the arrival of Sturridge. Not just because of the direct aggresive nature of his play, and the extra dimention that gives the whole set up, but also largely because someone has to get dropped to accomodate him. Now thats a big big reason to up your game, Fighting for a place in the starting 11. I wonder if a Brendon 'favoured 11' settles in, will the effort drop off again as players become comfortable with being a regular fixture in the side.
       I'm still not conviced, even though this was a decent performance, were we really good, or were Norwich really poor ? Think I need to see a convincing performance against the arse and citeh to be sure. I don't necessarily mean a comprehensive win, I just mean a performance on par to them.  Seen too many false  dawns and only a good bit of consistency against all comers, will let me sleep more easily.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #498: Jan 20, 2013 07:19:45 pm
      Ha ha.

Brilliant edit to the opening post of this thread!

Very good ;D

Shame it falls out of the running this years 2012 awards.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #499: Jan 20, 2013 09:25:08 pm
      Anyways else think Suarez was awful awful deep?

Although having someone like Sturridge to make the runs up top allowed it too. I wanna see the highlights now, missed them last night get drunk :)
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #500: Jan 21, 2013 10:33:51 am
      Annoyed to have missed game due to the travel conditions

lets hope that Allen has a few more games on the bench, as he has been woeful
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #501: Jan 21, 2013 10:45:27 am
      I love it when we win like that, all we get it was only Norwich, Norwich are poor etc, well I'm not getting carried away but there were one or two positive signs such as the Suarez/Sturridge partneship and Henderson trying to develop a personality as  a player.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #502: Jan 21, 2013 10:59:44 am
      What a win...gutted about that OG though, but who gives a sh*t.

Great result for my first game back in Australia. We've been threatening to do that to a team for 2 seasons now and we finally did, I was chanting we want 6 in my living room.  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #503: Jan 21, 2013 11:04:54 am
      The same Norwich that drew with Spurs in the league, beat Spurs in the League Cup, beat Arsenal, beat United, drew with Everton and got beat narrowly (1-0) by Chelsea.

Let them keep saying it's only Norwich and their poor but results show some of the top teams have struggled against them this season and we demolished them both times. Couldn't be any happier with that win at weekend. Every single player ran into the ground to make sure we scored goals, my man of the match maybe goes to Johnson, his running down the flank meant Suarez never had to see the left touch line all game and enabled him to link up with Suarez. He was outstanding (along with a few others).
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #504: Jan 21, 2013 03:21:06 pm
      The same Norwich that drew with Spurs in the league, beat Spurs in the League Cup, beat Arsenal, beat United, drew with Everton and got beat narrowly (1-0) by Chelsea.

Answered my question then........... Just need consistency now. ;D
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #505: Jan 21, 2013 03:32:48 pm
      Well in lads!  More than the goals, what really impressed me was the fluid passing.  Really demonstrated what this system is capable of.

Had a grin on my face since Saturday and not likely to go away anytime soon.

Quick Reply