Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Luis Suarez (Arsenal / Munich / Madrid)

Read 467549 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #23: Jan 20, 2013 01:11:35 pm
      They couldn't afford him anyways

What you reckon? £90m?

Priceless more like

Steady does John Henry read the forum?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #24: Jan 20, 2013 01:16:14 pm
      £40m according to the Mirror article on this.

Surprise, surprise. Fully expect a petition from the Mirror along the lines of 'get Suarez out we don't like him or LFC and our arses are gone cause he might bring them success'.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #25: Jan 20, 2013 01:17:47 pm
      £40m according to the Mirror article on this.

Could be a wild guess for all we know...

40 million seems low, I hope it's more than that.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #26: Jan 20, 2013 03:04:38 pm
      That's a weird one because Mandzukic has been the signing of the season in Bundesliga for Bayern (just edging Reus to Dortmund). Unless they're selling Gomez, not sure why they'd have Suarez, Mandzukic and Gomez, plus Muller, Kroos, Shaqiri, Ribery and Robben. Ribery and Robben could be on the outs though.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #27: Jan 21, 2013 03:16:14 am
      Powers that be: "Let's see how many Liverpool supporters feel Suarez is already half way out the door"

it pains me to see comments like "well if we don't get CL this yr he could b out as he is X kind of quality and we don't have any other players of that quality so he will want to play with better people". insults the character of Suarez as a person. he WANTS to be here. we have world class players here. i hate when people get their info from outside instead of believing what they know. it's like "oh yea i forgot we're crap and we're a mid table team with one good player oops was almost gaining confidence in my club, thanks daily mail".
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,898 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Jan 21, 2013 06:52:19 am
      F**k off, he's OURS till he calls it quits!
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #29: Jan 21, 2013 07:14:28 am
      I'm confident Luis will give us next season.  But he is world class, and he will not remain beyond next season if we don't start competing at the top.

He should also be reminded by Steven Gerrard how Michael Owen and Fernando Torres got on after they spurned the love of the Kop for greener grass.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #30: Jan 21, 2013 08:24:48 am
      I'm confident Luis will give us next season.

If we gain champs league then he wont go anywhere however 3 seasons without champions league football for one of the worlds greatest players must be very frustrating. All we can hope is we get the fourth spot
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31: Jan 21, 2013 08:25:47 am
      If we gain champs league then he wont go anywhere however 3 seasons without champions league football for one of the worlds greatest players must be very frustrating. All we can hope is we get the fourth spot

And let's hope the owners realise this and start to back us more than they have been
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #32: Jan 21, 2013 08:29:29 am
      And let's hope the owners realise this and start to back us more than they have been

I cant see it myself there an ivestment group Munich offer 45 mill for the lad they dont think of it as losing a world class its 100% profit for them good business(on wall street ) not at Anfield . Im begining to lose faith in FSG
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 21, 2013 08:52:56 am

I cant see it myself there an ivestment group Munich offer 45 mill for the lad they dont think of it as losing a world class its 100% profit for them good business(on wall street ) not at Anfield . Im begining to lose faith in FSG

Why are you losing faith FSG based on a rumor?
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #34: Jan 21, 2013 09:22:42 am

Im not losing it based on a rumour im losing it based on theack of action in the transfer market BR publically said we need to give the squad some depth and until they do what the manager wants i wont have any faith . At the end of the day they are an investment group who invest money to make money so i cant really see much more action this window thats why i have no faith .
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #35: Jan 21, 2013 09:58:02 am
      Lets all be brutally honest...

Luis is a world class player - capable of anything on his day. He has now proved, in my eyes at least that he can adapt to any league in th world. He is also a finisher, contrary to popular belief...

He is not from Liverpool, or indeed these fair isles - so his desire to be a 1 club player (from this point on) will always be questioned, but our fans and other clubs looking to buy him. I very much doubt that he will be around for ever - but as with many others there is always that chance.

If a 'big' club (Like a Barca, Madrid, Milan, Munich - who I rank alongside us) comes in for him then I expect him to go - how he handles that I have no idea.

Lets enjoy the time he spends here, and not worry about the future...
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #36: Jan 21, 2013 10:08:52 am
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Jan 21, 2013 10:27:28 am

Misleading headline.
      Nowhere in that article does Stevie say he fears for Suarez staying or that he deserves Champions League Football.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,529 posts | 3466 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38: Jan 21, 2013 10:51:09 am
      So Bayern are buying Suarez and Falcao and half the Barcelona team now, honestly you would think they were in the bottom 3.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #39: Jan 21, 2013 11:15:56 am

He was on Sunday supplement (I think it's called) on Sky and made an off the cuff comment that he doesn't know Luis Suarez's future because "I can't speak for Luis, only he can speak for himself". As per usual, the media has twisted that in to something else. Gobshites, the lot of them.

Video if you want to watch:

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,27973_8417334,00.html
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #40: Jan 23, 2013 12:32:10 pm
      LIVERPOOL striker Luis Suarez is being lined up for a shock bid from German giants Bayern Munich.

The runaway Bundesliga leaders have already confirmed the summer arrival of Pep Guardiola and are now looking to add another feather to their cap with a £40m swoop for hitman Suarez, according to Spanish newspaper Sport.

The controversial Uruguayan is enjoying a fantastic season for Liverpool, attracting the attention of top European suitors, with the likes of Juventus and Manchester City also expressing an interest.

The 25-year-old has netted 20 goals in 30 appearances for the Reds this term and has been one of the key figures in their rise up the table to seventh, following their poor start to the campaign.

Source: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/01/23/liverpool-fc-rumour-mill-bayern-munich-s-40m-bid-for-suarez-reds-improve-coutinho-deal-ochoa-move-denied-as-reina-s-agent-jets-in-for-talks-100252-32660904/
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #41: Jan 23, 2013 05:35:35 pm
      F**k off bayern

Ynwa
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #42: Jan 23, 2013 05:51:50 pm
      Has he got a buy-out clause in his contract?
       Then if some club come asking for him just make a very high one to back then OFF
      And the club should come out and say immadiately HE IS NOT FOR SALE

YNWA
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #43: Jan 23, 2013 06:28:46 pm
      Has he got a buy-out clause in his contract?
       Then if some club come asking for him just make a very high one to back then OFF
      And the club should come out and say immadiately HE IS NOT FOR SALE

YNWA

Just tell them he's not for sale. Simple as that. To be honest I think a lot of this (and other stories doing the rounds about other clubs) are due to a slow January transfer window giving Football writers little to write about between match days.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #44: Jan 23, 2013 07:27:36 pm
      I knew it, no smoke without fire

Up to the owners now, because I doubt Suarez will have much of a say if they want a pot of £40m
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #45: Jan 23, 2013 08:04:00 pm
      Because this is exactly the scenario that threatened to materialise on the back of the owners economic constrictions with regard to squad depth and quality.
      If we did make CL qualification which is by no means certain, the prospect of a good run are remote, once again for the above reasons.

If B.Munich are unsuccessful there will be other enquiries of that there is no doubt.
      It begs the question as to FSG's reaction to a quick profit and their idea of a suitable replacement.

Quick Reply