Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pepe Reina (Napoli/Barcelona)

Read 84694 times
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Re: Pepe Reina (Barcelona)
      Reply #23: Jan 20, 2013 04:33:46 pm

€€€€€€€€
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #24: Jan 20, 2013 04:35:08 pm
      A lot of speculation from the usual suspects, they put some assumption together and give us their opinion.
      Barca have goalkeeper issues, Pepe has some association with them wayback so they joln the dots (and bridge some), coming up with a way to fill some space in a newspaper.
      Believe it when I see it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Jan 20, 2013 04:55:10 pm
      To be honest I think there is more chance of this happening than not. The last few years now teams have been after him and he could have easily have gone but decided to stay but he is 30 now, he knows that he wont fit into the owners plans as they will want to sell him to cut the wage and make some money on him before it's too late. They can also offer him Champions League and League titles. I think Pepe is growing more and more frustrated with us and it has been showing in some of his performances at times.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #26: Jan 20, 2013 07:27:54 pm
      A lot of speculation from the usual suspects, they put some assumption together and give us their opinion.
      Barca have goalkeeper issues, Pepe has some association with them wayback so they joln the dots (and bridge some), coming up with a way to fill some space in a newspaper.
      Believe it when I see it.

Especially when Barca treated him badly when he was there.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #27: Jan 20, 2013 08:06:05 pm
      Especially when Barca treated him badly when he was there.
      Of no consequence to a bullshit story.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #28: Jan 20, 2013 08:34:35 pm
      I'd prefer to see him in spain rather than playing for Arsenal or Chelsea , as long as we get big money for him .
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #29: Jan 20, 2013 09:17:18 pm
      A great question Rodders and I honestly don't know.

Bugged me, so I looked it up.  'Twas Jockey just under a year after the King hung his boots up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #30: Jan 20, 2013 09:21:04 pm
      Bugged me, so I looked it up.  'Twas Jockey just under a year after the King hung his boots up.

I was thinking if might be that long ago.

Everyone I thought of when I looked if up had played somewhere for a while after us. I had thought of Nicol but when I looked him up was surprised how many clubs he played for after us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Jan 21, 2013 02:54:51 am
      I love Pepe to bits. Would be weird to see him go just like it was with Alonso or Dirk or Masch etc.

But the club moves on. If he wants to go then it's very understandable. He'll be costing 20m+ though.

Best case scenario he stays IMO.
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #32: Jan 21, 2013 11:32:25 am
      It has surprised me that Reina is still at Liverpool as l had always thought that he would be at Atletico Madrid by now so to follow in his father's footsteps...maybe being content at Liverpool is increasing his anxieties about the old cliche of grass being greener elsewhere after seeing what happened to Torres!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #33: Jan 21, 2013 12:48:20 pm

Doubt it.

Think we'd be lucky to get more than 15m. And to be honest, he's not worth more than that at all. Especially when there are actually quite a few next-gen keepers who could be 10year players for a club rather than a 2 or 3 year solution.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #34: Jan 21, 2013 01:20:10 pm
      Been seeing quotes from Reina's father on twitter saying how Pepe would love to return to Barcelona and how he would be a perfect fit for him.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #35: Jan 21, 2013 01:41:00 pm
      Quotes from Pepe's Dad:

Miguel Reina: "I'm absolutely convinced that Pepe would love to return to Barcelona. And which father wouldn't want the same?"

"Pepe has shown he's good good enough for Barcelona, and I would even say he'd be the perfect goalkeeper for Barça."

Just seems to fit all too well this one doesn't it, wont deny I'll be gutted, but would wish him all the best.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #36: Jan 21, 2013 02:02:44 pm
      Quotes from Pepe's Dad:

Miguel Reina: "I'm absolutely convinced that Pepe would love to return to Barcelona. And which father wouldn't want the same?"

"Pepe has shown he's good good enough for Barcelona, and I would even say he'd be the perfect goalkeeper for Barça."

Just seems to fit all too well this one doesn't it, wont deny I'll be gutted, but would wish him all the best.
      His arl fella is as near as we're gonna get to a statement ftom Pepe. If its kosher of course.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #37: Jan 21, 2013 02:45:42 pm
      This almost seems of a swap between the two teams. Pepe going to them and Valdes coming to us? Maybe that's too simplistic of a view on my part.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #38: Jan 21, 2013 02:53:21 pm
      A couple of years ago the thought of Pepe leaving was unthinkable.... now its is no longer unthinkable .... sad but not unthinkable. Seems to have lost heart and motivation at the same time as Torres did, and while he is still a top goalkeeper I don't think he is anywhere near the level that he was a few years ago.

Needs to either commit himself to Liverpool, get his form and motivation back or we need to cash in while he would still command a top fee.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #39: Jan 21, 2013 02:56:50 pm
      I wouldnt blame Pepe at all if he took this move in the summer he owes us nothing and i think we owe him enough to respect his decision , Brad is a good replacement in my eyes however Valdes sounds better.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #40: Jan 21, 2013 03:00:20 pm
      Would prefer if he waited until the summer for this. A bit of dignity to see out the current season never goes amiss.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #41: Jan 21, 2013 03:10:40 pm
      Would prefer if he waited until the summer for this. A bit of dignity to see out the current season never goes amiss.

I thought that was the case , i didnt know he was leaving now
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #42: Jan 21, 2013 03:15:15 pm
      I wouldnt blame Pepe at all if he took this move in the summer he owes us nothing and i think we owe him enough to respect his decision , Brad is a good replacement in my eyes however Valdes sounds better.

Cannot say anything to the lad's detriment, a faithful servant to LFC during his time here. If he feels it would be beneficial at this stage to move on we can only respect his judgement and wish him the best of luck in the future.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #43: Jan 21, 2013 03:20:31 pm
      Reina's always been the one who's been there for the team. He's the one that's been the life and soul, the motivator, the go-to guy.

It's only fair that he should do what HE wants to do. If he went to Barca, I wouldn't begrudge him that at all. They would be gaining an absolutely quality goalkeeper and an amazing person.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #44: Jan 21, 2013 03:22:51 pm
      Reina's always been the one who's been there for the team. He's the one that's been the life and soul, the motivator, the go-to guy.

It's only fair that he should do what HE wants to do. If he went to Barca, I wouldn't begrudge him that at all. They would be gaining an absolutely quality goalkeeper and an amazing person.

As much as that is true, I'll still be gutted when he moves on.
      Genuinely nice guy and quality keeper.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #45: Jan 21, 2013 03:24:16 pm
      As much as that is true, I'll still be gutted when he moves on.
      Genuinely nice guy and quality keeper.

Absolutely. He's always got a smile on his face in training and is funny as F**k.

He has all the qualities that Liverpool look for in a player, and more. If he goes, it'll be a sad day.

Quick Reply