Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Ince or Coutinho?

Read 7017 times
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Re: Ince or Coutinho?
      Reply #23: Jan 23, 2013 03:01:36 pm
      Don't know why people keep bringing up the "we aren't paying money for the players, the board are" argument, the money comes out of LFC's budget which means if we spend more of it, we'll have less of it afterwards. That's less of it to spend on other players in the future, people said the same thing when we signed Andy Carroll. People had genuine concerns that we could have spent that extortionate money on a much better player, which we could have, and were met with the "it's not your money so relax" response.

It does matter how much we spend, we're the ones buying tickets, merchandise etc.. It's the fans that will suffer for poor choices in the transfer market for years afterwards.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #24: Jan 23, 2013 03:23:55 pm
      I've been a big admirer of Coutinho since he signed for Inter almost 3 years ago.  He was considered the next Brazilian superstar and Moratti dubbed him the future of Inter.  He has struggled to live up to the hype, but he has also been playing top level European footie with the Inter 1st team (and Espanyol 1st team) for the last 3 years.  Ince has only really been playing 1st team footie in the Championship, although he has done very well for himself there.  However, I would personally prefer Coutinho as I believe that he has all the necessary attributes to be a top winger for us and at 20 years old he still has plenty of time to continue his development. 
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Jan 23, 2013 03:25:22 pm
      Coutinho. Ince can be a decent winger for a club competing in the top half of the premier league, potentially. Coutinho could be a world class attacking midfielder, potentially.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #26: Jan 23, 2013 04:06:04 pm
      i think Ince deal is stalled , may be we ll go for him in summer..ATM all  we need No 10 cause suso seems bit inexperienced so Countinho for me too. 
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #27: Jan 23, 2013 04:07:24 pm
      Don't know why people keep bringing up the "we aren't paying money for the players, the board are" argument, the money comes out of LFC's budget which means if we spend more of it, we'll have less of it afterwards. That's less of it to spend on other players in the future, people said the same thing when we signed Andy Carroll. People had genuine concerns that we could have spent that extortionate money on a much better player, which we could have, and were met with the "it's not your money so relax" response.

It does matter how much we spend, we're the ones buying tickets, merchandise etc.. It's the fans that will suffer for poor choices in the transfer market for years afterwards.

I get what you're saying mate but the Carroll deal was an extreme example. The OP suggested that we should go for a player because he was slightly cheaper (they have since said that's not what they meant). Choosing one player over another for the sake of a million or two makes little sense if there is a difference in quality. That saving could be the difference between being genuinely competitive or just getting by. Get the best player possible without screwing your "budget", that's the ideal.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Jan 23, 2013 04:18:19 pm

Big difference between spunking 35 million on Carroll and the 10-12 million reported for Coutinho.

10-12 million is no worse than Borini. (Relax I like Borini)
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #29: Jan 23, 2013 04:36:30 pm
      Ince just because he do pass the ball, Coutinho never do that.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #30: Jan 23, 2013 05:15:38 pm
      I think it'll be both or neither. 

If I had to choose I'd go for Coutinho purely because I just feel Ince (his Dad) could cause problems making demands about starting every game.

I agree.

We have been chasing Ince for a while now. He played for us until his dad decided he would be better of elsewhere, and now Blackpool want an inflated price for him (All allegedly). Bollox to him get Coutinho instead, then lets see how much Blackpool want at the end of the season....nothing cause he is out of contract (I believe). And you never know, we may end up with both eventually.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31: Jan 23, 2013 05:21:27 pm
      I think it'll be both or neither. 

If I had to choose I'd go for Coutinho purely because I just feel Ince (his Dad) could cause problems making demands about starting every game.

Don't agree with the first bit debs, but completely agree with the second. Does seem to come with plenty of baggage, baggage we're very used to and clearly are happy with for now but it does smell of a potential problem.

Think it's very possible we could end up with just one of them though.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #32: Jan 23, 2013 10:53:45 pm
      I think we'll get both, be it now or in the summer. If I had to pick, Ince.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #33: Jan 23, 2013 11:04:37 pm
      Ian Ayre held further talks with Inter officials and increased Liverpool’s bid for the 20-year-old. (Tony Barrett)

Coutinho's preference is to move to Anfield. (Tony Barrett)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34: Jan 23, 2013 11:06:07 pm
      Probably just matched this bid Danny (at least I hope they have).

Southampton £10.2m bid for Coutinho is accepted by Inter
      According to the Daily Mail, Southampton have leapfrogged Liverpool in the race to sign Philippe Coutinho from Inter Milan after having a £10.2million bid accepted for the midfielder.

LFC had a £6.3m offer rejected for the Brazilian last Friday and have improved that bid to £8m.
      They will now have to match Southampton's package to stand a chance of luring Coutinho to Merseyside
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #35: Jan 23, 2013 11:07:22 pm
      Coutinho's preference is to move to Anfield. (Tony Barrett)

I'm liking this quote a lot though, don't know his source but I tend to believe what he says.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #36: Jan 23, 2013 11:07:23 pm
      I agree.

We have been chasing Ince for a while now. He played for us until his dad decided he would be better of elsewhere, and now Blackpool want an inflated price for him (All allegedly). Bollox to him get Coutinho instead, then lets see how much Blackpool want at the end of the season....nothing cause he is out of contract (I believe). And you never know, we may end up with both eventually.
      I think Ince has 18 months left on his contract , so we may have to wait until the summer .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #37: Jan 23, 2013 11:18:37 pm
      Ince will get picked up by someone in the summer and probably for more money than he'll move for during this window. If we really want him for the long term we should probably try and get him now.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #38: Jan 23, 2013 11:19:19 pm
      I think Ince has 18 months left on his contract , so we may have to wait until the summer .

i thought it was up in the summer?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #39: Jan 23, 2013 11:24:35 pm
      Ince will get picked up by someone in the summer and probably for more money than he'll move for during this window. If we really want him for the long term we should probably try and get him now.
      I doubt we'll go for Ince and Couthino this transfer .
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #40: Jan 23, 2013 11:26:58 pm
      I doubt we'll go for Ince and Couthino this transfer .

I think you may be right unfortunately. I think thing having both would really help with squad rotations; especially if we stay in Europe. However if we go out of Europe i think one of them would suffice until the summer.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #41: Jan 23, 2013 11:29:49 pm
      i thought it was up in the summer?
      He signed for 2yrs with the option for a third , i don't know would we be liable to buy out that option or not .
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #42: Jan 23, 2013 11:33:59 pm
      Who has the option? If its him surely he can say no and leave of a free. Its its Blackpool's, they'll make him stay and sell him for extortionate amounts I'd imagine.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #43: Jan 23, 2013 11:39:23 pm
      Who has the option? If its him surely he can say no and leave of a free. Its its Blackpool's, they'll make him stay and sell him for extortionate amounts I'd imagine.
      That's what i was thinking aswell, surely Blackpool drew it up in their favour .
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #44: Jan 23, 2013 11:41:52 pm
      Yeah they are quite savvy with their transfer dealings, so it almost certainly is.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Jan 24, 2013 12:09:02 am
      Coutinho for me.

Not because his names exotic but because he's got more top flight experience and he's got more potential imo.

Quick Reply