Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Ince or Coutinho?

Read 7020 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Ince or Coutinho?
      Reply #69: Jan 27, 2013 02:46:03 pm
      Well, yeh, Ince looks like he's developing into an excellent, dangerous and creative player - who knows if he will be a top top player, but I'm not unhappy to see us in for him.  Sturridge, Coutinho and Ince would be some window, if you ask me.

Yep

And anyone who would suggest otherwise isn't worth listening to mate

A January window with 3 good additions.. Some people will never be happy
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #70: Jan 27, 2013 02:56:53 pm
      We've only got one out of the three at this moment remember though guys. And the one we have got should probably have been here last August or at least the position he plays in addressed.
      Game-well-and-truly-over
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #71: Jan 27, 2013 03:02:09 pm
      We've only got one out of the three at this moment remember though guys. And the one we have got should probably have been here last August or at least the position he plays in addressed.

True, although Coutinho looks pretty nailed on.  Agree that August was a farce, but hopefully lessons have been learned, and we seem to be going about our business much better.  I'm not going to dwell on last summer, as long as we go about our business in the right way going forward, and signs are good in this window at least. 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #72: Jan 27, 2013 03:04:54 pm

Made that point in BR thread mate - next 4 days can make one helluva difference to how this window looks.

Will consider it a decent return if we get both these guys - would have liked more experience (and maybe wee bit of dig) but despite what's been said there's no real evidence that's on radar.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #73: Jan 27, 2013 03:19:08 pm

Yep.

Still a bit to go.
      j-max
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #74: Jan 27, 2013 03:24:20 pm
      Coutinho hes class
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #75: Jan 27, 2013 03:29:18 pm
      GWATO made the point it would make a great window..
      I read that as if it happened it would make a good window..

In terms of moaner Federer complaining we are tracking Ince

I wasn't suggesting we had or were definitely getting all 3
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #76: Jan 27, 2013 03:33:03 pm
      GWATO made the point it would make a great window..
      I read that as if it happened it would make a good window..

In terms of moaner Federer complaining we are tracking Ince

I wasn't suggesting we had or were definitely getting all 3

I know mate - I was just pointing out next 4 days will massively influence what lens I use on the window.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #77: Jan 27, 2013 03:36:13 pm
      I know mate - I was just pointing out next 4 days will massively influence what lens I use on the window.

Me too

And maybe tip my hat FSGs way

I was merely making the point that Federer is wrong in my opinion to constantly complain

How could anyone really complain If we signed 3 new attacking players of the managers choice in one January window.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #78: Jan 27, 2013 03:39:53 pm

Me too

I was merely making the point that Federer is wrong in my opinion to constantly complain

How could anyone really complain If we signed 3 new attacking players of the managers choice in one January window.

No one should complain mate as if all three are signed it will, at the very least, make amends for the summer balls up.

I would still like to totally reserve judgement until we see the summer moves but if the manager gets three players he is after then there should be no complaining. We might not be jumping for joy and lavishing praise on them but it would be a start.

As for Roger I'm not sure what would make him happy. If we signed Messi he'd still find something to moan about.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #79: Jan 27, 2013 06:04:46 pm

Me too

Okay, you don't have to agree, but can you not at least see the *possibility* that those 3 attacking players might not be good enough?!

would you be happy if we signed 3 Downings?  of course not, because it's not about quantity, it's about quality.

Is Sturridge seriously the best striker we could have?

and is Ince seriously the best winger available who would come to us?  seriously?  that's how far we've dropped, that the best winger in the entire world who will come to us is playing in the Championship??

What do you not understand about QUALITY being the most important thing?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #80: Jan 27, 2013 06:08:02 pm
      The manager has targets who he thinks will fit his system.

We've just got to with it and have faith with who he sees fit.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #81: Jan 27, 2013 06:34:10 pm

That's the key mate

And with that I'll be away for a couple of days... There's gonna be a lot of knee jerking

Okay, you don't have to agree, but can you not at least see the *possibility* that those 3 attacking players might not be good enough?!

would you be happy if we signed 3 Downings?  of course not, because it's not about quantity, it's about quality.

Is Sturridge seriously the best striker we could have?

and is Ince seriously the best winger available who would come to us?  seriously?  that's how far we've dropped, that the best winger in the entire world who will come to us is playing in the Championship??

What do you not understand about QUALITY being the most important thing?

Not getting into it with you lad
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #82: Jan 27, 2013 06:36:30 pm

Actually, this is probably the only relevant thing in the transfer discussions.  We have to respect the manager.  If the manager wants Heskey then we have to give him Heskey.

But that doesn't mean suddenly you say Heskey is great.  You say "well, I don't think he's going to add much to our team, but if the manager wants him then he wants him."

Ince is not good enough.  But if the manager wants him, he wants him. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #83: Jan 27, 2013 07:00:28 pm
      And with that I'll be away for a couple of days... There's gonna be a lot of knee jerking

Bring it on I say.

Quick Reply