Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 416446 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2185: Nov 11, 2016 01:11:46 am
      Was just going to post about this. Cracking goal and he played a strong first half overall, really active in the forward third. I'd say he had more influence than Neymar, to be honest (as did Gabriel Jesus).

re him going to Barca, let's hope he sees the  potential to accomplish great things with us as a more compelling opportunity.

If there is a big transfer in, it will still probably be in the summer. But I really do not expect this.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2186: Nov 11, 2016 02:01:52 am
      What a goal. Such a typical Coutinho style goal!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2187: Nov 11, 2016 03:43:24 am
      If Neymar wants him there so much, there's an easy solution.

We buy Neymar.
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #2188: Nov 11, 2016 04:01:10 am
      Was just going to post about this. Cracking goal and he played a strong first half overall, really active in the forward third. I'd say he had more influence than Neymar, to be honest (as did Gabriel Jesus).

re him going to Barca, let's hope he sees the  potential to accomplish great things with us as a more compelling opportunity.

If there is a big transfer in, it will still probably be in the summer. But I really do not expect this.

Those papers from Catalunya: Mundodeportivo and Sport Es are a talking about a transfer.

In the nt Coutinho need to play in the right because Neymar plays in the left.
      You can see how is bad for him, because the majority of his best moments and the goal are in the few oportunities that he can go the left.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2189: Nov 11, 2016 04:44:52 am
      What a goal. Such a typical Coutinho style goal!

Yeah the minute he cut in you knew it would not be long before he unleashed...its amazing how even when closed down he can get that shot off, playing with such confidence now.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2190: Nov 11, 2016 05:03:27 am
      Holy sh*t what a hit. Watching replay on the Tele now.

Wish he'd settle down. Barca and co will be in for him :(

Those papers from Catalunya: Mundodeportivo and Sport Es are a talking about a transfer.

In the nt Coutinho need to play in the right because Neymar plays in the left.
      You can see how is bad for him, because the majority of his best moments and the goal are in the few oportunities that he can go the left.

Why wouldn't they just play him central and piss Augusto off?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2191: Nov 11, 2016 07:24:16 am
      Wow!
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2192: Nov 11, 2016 09:22:32 am
      It shows how good his technique is that he scores almost the exact same goal whenever he is given the chance to cut in.

His dribbling and shooting is untouchable obviously! Really hope we can keep hold of him after this season. I suppose that depends on where we finish though...

He'd be daft to leave if we win the league.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #2193: Nov 11, 2016 10:31:19 am
      Why is everyone talking about him going to Barca?

I don't understand, I feel we are in a completely different place under Klopp then when Suarez left for Barca. I am confident we will be back in the Champions League next season and that we will be a competitive team in both the CL and PL.

Real and Barca are getting weaker every season. The best managers are leaving and coming to the Premier League. The Barcelona that Suarez joined is very different to the Barcelona today
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #2194: Nov 11, 2016 10:37:32 am

I don't understand, I feel we are in a completely different place under Klopp then when Suarez left for Barca. I am confident we will be back in the Champions League next season and that we will be a competitive team in both the CL and PL.

Real and Barca are getting weaker every season. The best managers are leaving and coming to the Premier League. The Barcelona that Suarez joined is very different to the Barcelona today

It's not just the Barca team that is appealing to the South Americans, it's the climate / lifestyle and you can't blame them to be honest.

We can all agree that if his incredible form continues then speculation will be rife all summer and there will be a very good chance he would go.
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #2195: Nov 11, 2016 10:51:57 am
      It's not just the Barca team that is appealing to the South Americans, it's the climate / lifestyle and you can't blame them to be honest.

We can all agree that if his incredible form continues then speculation will be rife all summer and there will be a very good chance he would go.

He left Milan to come to Liverpool so climate can't be that important to him.

Klopp is building something special here at Liverpool, the lure of Real and Barca won't be as strong anymore.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2196: Nov 11, 2016 11:16:20 am
      He left Milan to come to Liverpool so climate can't be that important to him.

Klopp is building something special here at Liverpool, the lure of Real and Barca won't be as strong anymore.

Don't talk wet. We need to start winning stuff again first.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #2197: Nov 11, 2016 11:42:28 am

Exactly what I was thinking, if we qualify for cl then draw and beat the likes of Barca and real,  that may be what keeps him here and possibly Louis returning 😊
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #2198: Nov 11, 2016 11:43:26 am
      Don't talk wet. We need to start winning stuff again first.

No idea what talking wet means but I presume you think I am talking s**t?

If you can't see that Klopp is building something special here that fine, but the players can see it, the majority of fans can see it, the media can see it, hell even rival fans can see it.

If you want to be someone who worry's that 11 games into a season and a player is playing great that he is immediately going to jump ship, you need to have a little faith.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2199: Nov 11, 2016 11:56:23 am
      No idea what talking wet means but I presume you think I am talking s**t?

If you can't see that Klopp is building something special here that fine, but the players can see it, the majority of fans can see it, the media can see it, hell even rival fans can see it.

If you want to be someone who worry's that 11 games into a season and a player is playing great that he is immediately going to jump ship, you need to have a little faith.

We've been 'building' for close to ten years. At 25 (next season) he can't hang around forever while we build things, he wants to win things and the only way we keep him - Klopp or not - is to win things. My personal opinion is that without Champions League Football next year, he'll be away in the Summer. We need to win Silverware and finish top four this season as a minimum or I fear we'll face another Summer of losing one or more of our star players next year.
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #2200: Nov 11, 2016 12:13:49 pm
      We've been 'building' for close to ten years. At 25 (next season) he can't hang around forever while we build things, he wants to win things and the only way we keep him - Klopp or not - is to win things. My personal opinion is that without Champions League Football next year, he'll be away in the Summer. We need to win Silverware and finish top four this season as a minimum or I fear we'll face another Summer of losing one or more of our star players next year.

And what more can done at the moment than be top of the league?

If you want to say a player is going to leave this season on the form of 11 games look at the form of the two teams in that period. One is top of the league, the other is second in a far less competitive league.

Yes we need to win trophies, we need to win trophies because we are Liverpool Football Club, not to keep players. With or without Coutinho, this team is moving forward, the club only wants players who are buying into this philosophy, this is not a team of galatico's. Nothing I have seen suggests Coutinho isn't buying into this philosophy, just pure media speculation and fans not believing their club is good enough for certain players.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2201: Nov 11, 2016 12:29:21 pm
      Exclusive footage of Coutinho's new buy out clause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ4z5rHmEuU
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #2202: Nov 11, 2016 12:46:12 pm
      Only way I see Cou leaving is if we fail to secure a Champs League spot this season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2203: Nov 11, 2016 01:35:22 pm
      Only way I see Cou leaving is if we fail to secure a Champs League spot this season.

You reckon if we come 3rd and Barca come in for him he'll say "No, ta, I'm good here"?

If they come in for him at all, wether we win the league or come 8th, i'm prepared for him to say his thanks and leave for Spain.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #2204: Nov 11, 2016 01:57:32 pm
      You reckon if we come 3rd and Barca come in for him he'll say "No, ta, I'm good here"?

If they come in for him at all, wether we win the league or come 8th, i'm prepared for him to say his thanks and leave for Spain.

I think Klopp has a bigger influence than you're giving him credit for.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2205: Nov 11, 2016 01:59:58 pm
      I think Klopp has a bigger influence than you're giving him credit for.

I think you're underestimating the lure of Barcelona with his good mates Neymar and Suarez.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #2206: Nov 11, 2016 02:08:53 pm
      I think you're underestimating the lure of Barcelona with his good mates Neymar and Suarez.

Firmino and Lucas. And he's settled in Liverpool. When we are title winners and in the Champion's League, with a team that can roll that  tournament as well....he'll be perfectly happy here.

I  would lock him down to a new contract though with a ridiculous buyout clause.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #2207: Nov 11, 2016 02:11:22 pm
      Just read in the Echo he is on 80K wages per week, but at least a few players are making more (Milner, Sturridge, Henderson).

I agree the chance to be in a very special team (talking trophies as well as atmosphere) is our best chance of keeping him (at least for a couple of seasons) against the very understandable lure of Real and Barca - but at the very least we need to offer him a substantially-improved contract. I'm talking silly money.

Quick Reply