Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 401875 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2415: Mar 25, 2017 10:06:35 pm
      I reckon he's leaving the club. And you know what? I don't really care. Great player with fabulous ability on his day. But there aren't enough of those days and he goes missing too much. For me, the big contract was the first sign he's off. As long as Jürgen gets the players he wants to replace him, then fair do...

You don't improve by getting rid of your best players.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #2416: Mar 26, 2017 12:24:50 am
      You don't improve by getting rid of your best players.

;D. Your best players prove it week in, week out...

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #2417: Mar 26, 2017 02:24:23 am

Right, because Stevie, Nando and Suarez were great every single game. Except they weren't.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2418: Mar 26, 2017 08:09:51 am

We haven't got players that do it week in and week out, though.

We really aren't in a position where we can afford to be letting players like Coutinho go. He needs competition not replacing.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2419: Mar 26, 2017 08:47:31 am

We really aren't in a position where we can afford to be letting players like Coutinho go. He needs competition not replacing.

Exactly.

Spot on with the first sentence too.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2420: Mar 26, 2017 08:55:56 am
      Barcelona have a clear priority, which is to sign a right-back this summer. But they are also considering making a strike on the market for a top level signing in midfield. Philippe Coutinho. The Brazilian has been on the Blaugrana agenda for a year, but the conditions haven't been right to sign him. Now, they are.

Courtinho would love to wear Barcelona colours and move to the Camp Nou, and however much Liverpool deny it, he can be bought this summer. He has shared an agent with Marquinhos for little over a year, Giuliano Bertolucci. He and his team have a good relationship with Barcelona and have mantained contact with them, visiting the club on various occasions.

Furthermore Blaugrana operatives in Brazil have met with them too, and recently. Coutinho has been on the table in these conversations. He is the player with the closest profile to what Barcelona want on the market at the moment. His quality is unquestionable, his team play would fit perfectly and his international experience makes him stand out too.

He understands at Liverpool it will be hard to fight for big titles and has received various important offers. One of those is from PSG, although the Brazilian isn't that interested. Coutinho would like to play for Barcelona - he was once at Espanyol on loan for six months and he has friends at the club. He knows this is his moment but the club know he can only come if they sell one or two central midfielders

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barcelonas-operation-sign-philippe-coutinho-underway-5925719

Apparently, he would love to wear Barca colours, and understands it will be hard to fight for big titles, at Liverpool.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2421: Mar 26, 2017 09:28:26 am
      Barcelona have a clear priority, which is to sign a right-back this summer. But they are also considering making a strike on the market for a top level signing in midfield. Philippe Coutinho. The Brazilian has been on the Blaugrana agenda for a year, but the conditions haven't been right to sign him. Now, they are.

Courtinho would love to wear Barcelona colours and move to the Camp Nou, and however much Liverpool deny it, he can be bought this summer. He has shared an agent with Marquinhos for little over a year, Giuliano Bertolucci. He and his team have a good relationship with Barcelona and have mantained contact with them, visiting the club on various occasions.

Furthermore Blaugrana operatives in Brazil have met with them too, and recently. Coutinho has been on the table in these conversations. He is the player with the closest profile to what Barcelona want on the market at the moment. His quality is unquestionable, his team play would fit perfectly and his international experience makes him stand out too.

He understands at Liverpool it will be hard to fight for big titles and has received various important offers. One of those is from PSG, although the Brazilian isn't that interested. Coutinho would like to play for Barcelona - he was once at Espanyol on loan for six months and he has friends at the club. He knows this is his moment but the club know he can only come if they sell one or two central midfielders

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barcelonas-operation-sign-philippe-coutinho-underway-5925719

Apparently, he would love to wear Barca colours, and understands it will be hard to fight for big titles, at Liverpool.

Pretty sh*t source and no quotes, though, mate.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2422: Mar 26, 2017 10:04:11 am
      Pretty sh*t source and no quotes, though, mate.

Popped up on GiveMeSport, facebook page, no idea like.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #2423: Mar 26, 2017 10:42:54 am
      Right, because Stevie, Nando and Suarez were great every single game. Except they weren't.

No, perhaps not. But certainly gave it a better shot when not on form...

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #2424: Mar 26, 2017 10:44:03 am

So start replacing the ones that consistently don't perform with ones that do. Not rocket science...

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2425: Mar 26, 2017 11:00:40 am
      You know what they say where's there's smoke...

I am a little tired of these sagas we as fans have suffered riding the emotional roller coaster of will he won't he for a very long time with Torres, Alonso, Suarez, Sterling etc.

Frankly I'm tired of it if there isn't 100% transparency over his commitment or anybody else wearing the red shirt for that matter get it done early get the max fee and focus on reinvesting the whole lot in to building the team.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #2426: Mar 26, 2017 12:33:29 pm
      I wouldn't bet my house on him being here next season.

I'm not convinced he'll leave but as someone said above there's no smoke without fire most of the time when these rumours persist.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2427: Mar 26, 2017 12:49:22 pm
      But why would anyone want to leave, much less Phil?

Didn't John W tell us [way back in 2010/11] that creating an atmosphere, where star players wanted to stay, was a priority?

I mean; the club doubled his wages in order to keep him and NOT as a short-term PR exercise which included a big buy-out: right?

Cue the "we only want players who want to be here" sh*te... 😁

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2428: Mar 26, 2017 12:59:57 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me if the rumours are true but if I'm honest I thought he might leave for the past couple of seasons.

Seen something about them willing to offer Rakitic as part exchange. They can F**k right off with that idea, he was their weak link in the CL games and I haven't been impressed with him at all this season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #2429: Mar 26, 2017 01:40:06 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me if the rumours are true but if I'm honest I thought he might leave for the past couple of seasons.

Seen something about them willing to offer Rakitic as part exchange. They can f**k right off with that idea, he was their weak link in the CL games and I haven't been impressed with him at all this season.

Only players I want off that Barca team are the 3 lads up front :P
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2430: Mar 26, 2017 01:51:33 pm

There is always arda turan
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,484 posts | 231 
      Reply #2431: Mar 26, 2017 02:54:49 pm

Or Jordi Alba can finally sort out our left-back issue! Bring back Masch too.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2432: Mar 26, 2017 03:21:04 pm

If they really want Couts after the sh*te season he has had for us then their must be something pretty F***ing weird going on. as others have said he is superb when on fire, although there are much better out there, but the bigger issue is that that fire is very very rare.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2433: Mar 26, 2017 04:05:34 pm
      Or Jordi Alba can finally sort out our left-back issue! Bring back Masch too.

70m + André Gomes would do just fine for me if we were to sell.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      Reply #2434: Mar 26, 2017 04:18:52 pm
      70m + André Gomes would do just fine for me if we were to sell.

Most Barcelona fans would willingly throw in andre gomes
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2435: Mar 26, 2017 04:26:04 pm
      Most Barcelona fans would willingly throw in andre gomes

I think he would do an exceptional job sitting in our midfield, that's where he's at his element.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2436: Mar 26, 2017 06:22:32 pm

Seen something about them willing to offer Rakitic as part exchange. They can f**k right off with that idea, he was their weak link in the CL games and I haven't been impressed with him at all this season.
      Why the F**k would  Rakitic want to come to Liverpool??... If he goes then he will go for a price, expect no players in an exchange
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      Reply #2437: Mar 26, 2017 06:44:54 pm
      Why the F**k would  Rakitic want to come to Liverpool??... If he goes then he will go for a price, expect no players in an exchange

Especially as rakitic has just signed a new contract

Quick Reply