Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 402521 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2461: Apr 23, 2017 09:37:59 pm
      Thought he was much better today, easily MotM and deserved a pen without a shadow of a doubt.

Hate that honesty isn't rewarded and then shitbags that dive get given gifts, refs need to have a word with themselves. How is a free-kick can be called back after about 4 or 5 touches but Cou got impeded and then had the shot blocked, which he would have got off without the foul, and then the advantage isn't brought back.

It wasn't an advantage in basic terms. Not blaming the defeat on that but it would have clearly changed the game, so we'll never know.

Loved some of his passing, one especially to Milner I think it was, where the weight on the pass was incredible judgement. Can't help but feel if he just wouldn't shoot so often that he could be truly world class. His shooting is pure class but his passing is on a different level completely. When he's in that form and that touch just give him the ball. Feel sorry for him that he's had to endure a year of Milner on the overlap, he chose not to shoot once and back-heeled to Milner and put him in the box unmarked on the edge and Milly just wasted it completely. It's no wonder you lose confidence in team-mates at that point.

Please god he stays this summer and please god we get a left-back who can interplay with him because we've been criminally let down in that department all season in my opinion.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2462: Apr 23, 2017 10:11:51 pm
      What a magnificent free kick. The only lad who bothered to turn up today. MOTM as there was no one playing in Red that even came close to Philippe.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2463: Apr 23, 2017 10:20:09 pm
      Amazing to think if he had been dishonest and gone down he'd have had a penalty, as it was he tries to stay up and is penalize for it. One of the things that I hate about football.
      svklucas
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #2464: Apr 30, 2017 08:03:41 pm
      My new video is about Philippe Coutinho and his 3 acts of magic, inspired by movie The Prestige.

https://youtu.be/cS9qanCEXGA

Please leave a like and comment if you like the video :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2465: May 02, 2017 06:53:31 pm
      Any more news on the injury? Dead leg I guess, but is he likely to start against our feeder club?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2466: May 02, 2017 07:01:11 pm
      Any more news on the injury? Dead leg I guess, but is he likely to start against our feeder club?

Klopp did say in the post match that it was just a dead leg mate, so pretty sure he'll be fine to start.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,693 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2467: May 02, 2017 07:22:17 pm
      Klopp did say in the post match that it was just a dead leg mate, so pretty sure he'll be fine to start.

I would play him, Lallana (in the middle) and Firmino and Origi with Lucas losing his place. Not based on form because Lucas is playing well but I think Origi will benefit with Lallana in the team. Most of you will disagree with me based on yesterday's live thread.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2468: May 02, 2017 09:11:20 pm
      I would play him, Lallana (in the middle) and Firmino and Origi with Lucas losing his place. Not based on form because Lucas is playing well but I think Origi will benefit with Lallana in the team. Most of you will disagree with me based on yesterday's live thread.

You're clearly going with the score more goals than they do mentality 😀 Origi needs to go back to being impact sub again, he's more dangerous from the bench. Sturridge should get a run out before Origi imo. 1 goal could decide this, and Sturridge I'd more likely to get it.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2469: May 03, 2017 09:35:32 am

Cheers, just want to be reassured :)
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2470: May 03, 2017 12:45:09 pm
      Barca in talks with Liverpool over Coutinho move?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2471: May 03, 2017 01:06:21 pm
      Barca in talks with Liverpool over Coutinho move?

Credible source?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2472: May 03, 2017 04:33:50 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2473: May 03, 2017 04:46:46 pm

Hopefully just typical pre-summer Coutinho to Barca BS. Think we'd be foolish to get rid of him.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2474: May 03, 2017 05:02:58 pm
      Hopefully just typical pre-summer Coutinho to Barca BS. Think we'd be foolish to get rid of him.

I'm pissed at the timing of the rumours, this is the kind of sh*t that can distract players at a crucial time of the season. Same thing happened before the Europa league final if I remember correctly. I blame the manc biased media 😉
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,693 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2475: May 03, 2017 05:04:45 pm
      You're clearly going with the score more goals than they do mentality 😀 Origi needs to go back to being impact sub again, he's more dangerous from the bench. Sturridge should get a run out before Origi imo. 1 goal could decide this, and Sturridge I'd more likely to get it.

Yes, that is my mentality and philosophy even when I'm playing football manager. I would play Sturridge instead of Origi ONLY if he will be here next season, if not I would play Origi.

Hopefully, it is just media recycling articles.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2476: May 03, 2017 05:23:06 pm
      I'm pissed at the timing of the rumours, this is the kind of sh*t that can distract players at a crucial time of the season. Same thing happened before the Europa league final if I remember correctly. I blame the manc biased media 😉

Don't think so, I think this has been in the works for quite some time, might explain why he has suddenly started playing better actually ;-)
      As long as we get a decent price then I won't be to devastated to see him leave, in my opinion he is far to inconsistent a player and i also dislike his tendency to shirk out of challenges.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2477: May 03, 2017 06:16:07 pm
      Don't think so, I think this has been in the works for quite some time, might explain why he has suddenly started playing better actually ;-)
      As long as we get a decent price then I won't be to devastated to see him leave, in my opinion he is far to inconsistent a player and i also dislike his tendency to shirk out of challenges.

What? shirk out of challenges?  He's all of 5' 7" and  lightweight and anytime he does get clattered he gets injured, what do you want him to do, TRY and get injured winning a ball? He's a little magician, not a big linebacker.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2478: May 03, 2017 06:25:16 pm
      It took 2 minutes for me to find out that the Express ( a sh*t rag full of bullshit) is running a rumour from a Spanish paper called Sport which is as reliable as an  Aspas corner.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2479: May 03, 2017 06:51:36 pm
      It took 2 minutes for me to find out that the Express ( a sh*t rag full of bullshit) is running a rumour from a Spanish paper called Sport which is as reliable as an  Aspas corner.

So what you're saying is instead of Barcelona he's going to end up somewhere south of the equator, knew the money grabbing little c**t wouldn't hang around. That's loyalty for ya!  :f_tongueincheek:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2480: May 03, 2017 07:56:37 pm
      He's under contract for 5 years, they can F**k off. Also, if the rumours are true then file a complaint to FIFA and UEFA for tapping up. I genuinely think he's more than happy to stay.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2481: May 03, 2017 09:51:20 pm
      Coutinho does seem happy here, but then again money talks, for both him and the club. I heard that his new contract doesn't kick in until the end of the season, not sure how true that is, but Barca could probably top what he's earning here, plus the clubc would find it hard to turn down £60 Million for a player that only cost 7.
      Very hard to build a team when your best players keep leaving, so hopefully this is all unfounded.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2482: May 03, 2017 11:01:44 pm
      Coutinho does seem happy here, but then again money talks, for both him and the club. I heard that his new contract doesn't kick in until the end of the season, not sure how true that is, but Barca could probably top what he's earning here, plus the clubc would find it hard to turn down £60 Million for a player that only cost 7.
      Very hard to build a team when your best players keep leaving, so hopefully this is all unfounded.

Barca would have a hard time adding him to their wage bill nevermind paying the transfer which would have to be close to 75m I'd think.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #2483: May 03, 2017 11:09:28 pm
      Barca would have a hard time adding him to their wage bill nevermind paying the transfer which would have to be close to 75m I'd think.

They probably hope that his buddies Neymar and Suarez will make him throw a hissy fit fit and bite somebody so that his price will drop to 30-40mil  :)

Quick Reply