Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 402375 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2484: May 03, 2017 11:11:19 pm
      Barca will definitely be looking at rebuilding but fortunately for us it's their defence and central midfield which needs most attention.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2485: May 03, 2017 11:24:34 pm
      Barca would have a hard time adding him to their wage bill nevermind paying the transfer which would have to be close to 75m I'd think.

They'd find a way, they always do.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #2486: May 04, 2017 12:03:58 pm
      They probably hope that his buddies Neymar and Suarez will make him throw a hissy fit fit and bite somebody so that his price will drop to 30-40mil  :)

Hahahaha who the F**k is Coutinho biting without a step-ladder!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2487: May 04, 2017 12:24:17 pm
      Barca would have a hard time adding him to their wage bill nevermind paying the transfer which would have to be close to 75m I'd think.

Some crazy foreign report the Barca have put a final offer of £51m in, well they can finally F**k right off.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2488: May 04, 2017 01:24:54 pm
      Some crazy foreign report the Barca have put a final offer of £51m in, well they can finally f**k right off.

Heres the thing if serious money does get ut on the table.

The Spuds built their current team with the Bale money.

Who was it said that if I spent £ 100 milllion ... I would want to be challenging for the title.

Well they are  ....... and we didn't (with three times that ) if you get my drift .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2489: May 04, 2017 01:44:58 pm
      Some crazy foreign report the Barca have put a final offer of £51m in, well they can finally f**k right off.

That's laughable. What are they smoking over there at Camp Nou? :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2490: May 04, 2017 04:43:53 pm

Wouldn't be entirely surprised given how those wankers have bullied and swindled enough clubs in the past.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2491: May 04, 2017 05:07:50 pm
      Wouldn't be entirely surprised given how those wankers have bullied and swindled enough clubs in the past.

It would be par for the course, saying that tho' the lad has put pen to paper on a new contract so there's nothing down for that fraud of a club and their chicken sh*t, wind up ''offers''. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2492: May 04, 2017 06:16:51 pm
      Barca will definitely be looking at rebuilding but fortunately for us it's their defence and central midfield which needs most attention.

I reckon they'd play him in midfield though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #2493: May 04, 2017 07:11:06 pm
      Not really worried about this one as I don't think he's consistent enough right now to be on Barca's radar.

If he finds another level next season he'll probably be off though.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2494: May 05, 2017 09:17:41 pm
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2495: May 07, 2017 12:34:46 pm
      Hoping Cou starts today. We were damn lucky Lallana was available last week when Cou went off. Could be doing with a performance from the wee man to make this a bit more comfortable than last week, which had me left with no hair at the end of the game.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #2496: May 09, 2017 11:30:25 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2497: May 09, 2017 01:35:47 pm
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #2498: May 09, 2017 02:46:52 pm
      The express?

:lmao:
      And transfer news doesn't  go in player threads, it goes in transfer threads.

In the last 18 months the Catalunya papers are talking about TWO options: Verratti and Coutinho.

This week Sport.es from Barcelona is affirming that they will go for Coutinho.
      http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/premier-league/liverpool-sabe-que-jugadores-gastara-dinero-coutinho-6026017

But other sources are saying that Barcelona believe VERRATTI will fit better in their style as a replacement for Iniesta.

By everything i read there i believe they will try to sign Verratti because they see Coutinho as a player in the same role as Neymar.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2499: May 09, 2017 02:59:38 pm
      In the last 18 months the Catalunya papers are talking about TWO options: Verratti and Coutinho.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/premier-league/liverpool-sabe-que-jugadores-gastara-dinero-coutinho-6026017

But other sources are saying that Barcelona believe VERRATTI will fit better in their style as a replacement for Iniesta.

By everything i read there i believe they will try to sign Verratti because they see Coutinho as a player in the same role as Neymar.

I actually think Coutinho is more similar to Iniesta and Verratti more so Xavi.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2500: May 09, 2017 03:01:47 pm

Yep same reason we're looking at Verratti over Neymar tbh... :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2501: May 11, 2017 11:31:58 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2502: May 11, 2017 11:33:34 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2503: May 12, 2017 10:49:16 pm
      Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  5m5 minutes ago
       Klopp: “Can we work on different things with Phil? Yes of course. He plays at the moment kind of wing ‘10’ but he can also play as a No 8."

Klopp: "That is possible & then maybe he will have more influence & we can involve another player on the wing. That would make us stronger."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  3m3 minutes ago
       Klopp: "Having his creativity - he would have to adapt. He is young, full of talent & I’m pretty sure he thinks he is in the right place.”

Glad to hear Jürgen speaking like this about Phil. Remember not so long ago a conversation with Si were we both agreed that as an 8 he could become an even better player than he is right now. Long term I'd love to see him move back into that position, much like Lallana he might find that he's gifted more space and end up with even more goals. I am certain though he'd end up with more assists.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2504: May 12, 2017 11:00:49 pm
       Klopp: “Can we work on different things with Phil? Yes of course. He plays at the moment kind of wing ‘10’ but he can also play as a No 8."

Klopp: "That is possible & then maybe he will have more influence & we can involve another player on the wing. That would make us stronger."

Klopp: "Having his creativity - he would have to adapt. He is young, full of talent & I’m pretty sure he thinks he is in the right place.”

Glad to hear Jürgen speaking like this about Phil. Remember not so long ago a conversation with Si were we both agreed that as an 8 he could become an even better player than he is right now. Long term I'd love to see him move back into that position, much like Lallana he might find that he's gifted more space and end up with even more goals. I am certain though he'd end up with more assists.

Just about to post about this Luke.

He's an 8 all day long for me.

Really hope this happens next season.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2505: May 12, 2017 11:13:32 pm

Was that regarding the final games of the season or as a more permanent thing? If it's the latter then maybe we could see something like...

Can
      Lallana - Coutinho

Mane  -  Firmino  -  LW

OR

Can - Hendo/CM

Coutinho

Mane - Firmino - LW

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2506: May 12, 2017 11:19:08 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply