Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 401433 times
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2622: Aug 11, 2017 05:15:31 pm
      I for one would not mind if he is sold as I believe every player has a price, as long as he is unhappy. Rather loads of money than having an unhappy player.

I would be gutted though. Its inevitable and I believe a lot of us saw this coming, I'm hoping we already have identified what we plan to do with the cash.

Just lets do a Levy on them. The sooner the better.

Like I said sell him if he is unhappy but if not then let them - Barca go eat sh*t, but they definitely wouldn't be getting this one on a cheap like they did us with Luis.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #2623: Aug 11, 2017 05:35:42 pm
      Not really our circus is it?

Sky making sh*t up again, forcing the club to respond, which keeps the story going for them, and generates more ad revenue through clicks.
      Monty pythons flying circus comes to mind.
      Shanks Red Pony
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 16 
      Reply #2624: Aug 11, 2017 07:37:29 pm
      Seen it before haven't we? We say no, Barca up the price, we say no, Couts gets uppity, we say no, deal done behind the scenes and he gives us one more season and we get a shed load for him. He can take a bit of time to get in the groove, can be a bit anonymous at times in defence but on his game there aren't many (if any) that do what he does.

Couple of things if he does stay:  he should play out of his skin for us cos I think he's that kind of guy, genuinely likes the club AND it's a World Cup year.

If we sign a pre contract agreement, why can't we get a non refundable down payment as a gesture of goodwill (not that Barca have a lot of goodwill in them) up front. It's a common practice in business.

The club existed before him and will again after, but I'll miss him IF he goes but not as much as when King Luis went.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #2625: Aug 12, 2017 11:24:25 am
      Once he's fit, we should bench him for a couple of games and give Woodburn some time on the pitch.
      Disappointed, what did he expect submitting a transfer request on the day before the season starts. He's getting some bad advice - Barca will always be there if he keeps up his performances on the pitch. Give us a 20+ goal a season from the number 10 role and he will have earned his move.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #2626: Aug 14, 2017 11:46:19 am
      Some form of respect should be handy here from this player. FFS he was rotting on Inter's bench when we picked him up, made him who he is, and once Barca came, he threw his toys out of pram, and handed a transfer request a day before the season. What a F***ing c**t he is. If he really wanted to go, then why not let the authorities know from the off-season's start that if Barca come calling, he would prefer a move. Why make false claims about staying in the first place. Zero respect for such a disruptive player.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2627: Aug 14, 2017 01:52:53 pm
      Meanwhile Barcelona have signed...wait for it...Paulinho.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2628: Aug 14, 2017 02:07:12 pm

Same agent as Coutinho...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2629: Aug 14, 2017 02:10:01 pm

No surprise given that he went to China.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2630: Aug 14, 2017 03:49:59 pm

Typical Barca style, cherry pick peak players.. I can't wait for them to implode when they have an average age of 33, even with Neymar fees they won't have enough to fix their aging problem. They are on borrowed time before a huge decline.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2631: Aug 14, 2017 09:02:21 pm
      The tansfer request and all the goings on there, as far as I'm concerned that's off the field sh*te. At the end of the day I expect Cou not to be let leave.

But was DOES f**king piss me off it the ON THE FIELD related sh*te. Coutinho is a fully paid up, contracted Liverpool player. His job is to be on that pitch to play ball, UNTIL he is no longer an LFC player.  He's VERY well paid to do it. We could really be doing with him as an option against Hoffenheim, but in all likelihood he won't play ('back injury' my hole).  If we don't go thro to next round of CL, I will VERY much hold that against him.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2632: Aug 14, 2017 10:37:50 pm
      Barca I have always said is a very dirty Football club.  Atleast with Madrid and some of the other big club they pay the price.  These lot unsettle players and want them at their valuation.   The only thing they have going for them is Messi.  He will retire and so will this so call good football club.  It will go back to the old days when they become Madrid whipping boys and their talent get cherry picked as Figo got snatched from them.  Can't wait for them times and they are round the corner.   
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2633: Aug 14, 2017 11:18:24 pm
      Sakho was banished from the team for his lack of discipline and attitude. Looks to have tried to knuckle down but is no way back for him. I wonder what the situation will be with Klopp and Coutinho if he stays. By the sounds of the interviews, I think it seems as though Klopp has possibly had it with Coutinho and would sell him. Transfer request submitted, clearly doesn't want to be here and I don't believe for a second that he's injured...a sore back isn't something they can or cannot prove, smart move by Coutinho. But, if he stays, will Klopp have him back with the team or will he be banished like Sakho? Personally, I think the way Coutinho has been conducting himself is a lot worse than Sakho generally not using his head and being a clown.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2634: Aug 14, 2017 11:44:23 pm
      I think it is different with Sakho. Coutinho's first mistake.  With Sakho he keeps getting injured and when fully fit and we needed him in the Europa Cup final he makes a silly/stupid mistake.  The thing is with Sakho if he is forgiven and comes back in the team - How many games before he  is injured?   He isn't our long term answer.   And I rate him very highly!  But he isn't our answer at the back.  Problem is that we just don't have the hard serious offers on the table.  What to do?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2635: Aug 14, 2017 11:51:33 pm
      I think it is different with Sakho. Coutinho's first mistake.  With Sakho he keeps getting injured and when fully fit and we needed him in the Europa Cup final he makes a silly/stupid mistake.  The thing is with Sakho if he is forgiven and comes back in the team - How many games before he  is injured?   He isn't our long term answer.   And I rate him very highly!  But he isn't our answer at the back.  Problem is that we just don't have the hard serious offers on the table.  What to do?

I'm not saying Sakho is the answer to anything, personally don't get some of the hype about him. But for me, Coutinho is doing his best to not be at the club, I think it's obvious he's faking an injury to not be included and if he doesn't get his way this summer, then he will next year. Sakho is an idiot, no doubt about it but comparing the two, Sakho is the one that would probably love to have another chance with us and although he messed up big time, at least he wasn't making fools out of us like Coutinho. Club tells him he isn't for sale, simple. Club do a statement (all be it a stupid one to do) and what happens, less than an hour later there is a transfer request submitted.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2636: Aug 15, 2017 12:06:03 am
      In my opinion,  Coutinho solves problem when he comes into the team.   If the window closes and he is still here,  I think Klopp and him will make up.  It will be best for both parties.  I can't see Klopp not using him.  Unless Coutinho rubs him the wrong way.  The Coutinho I know from his time here.  I think they will sort things out.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2637: Aug 15, 2017 01:23:20 am
      I don't understand what changed in the last few months.

He signed a 5 year contract.

He fkn went to Bobbys wedding and looked like he was having the time of his life with his Brazil mate.

We get Salah and the 2 have linked up beautifully in pre season.

What has happened where he now has a "back ache", handed in a Transfer request and wants to F**k off to Barca as quick as he can?

Just can't fathom what has gone wrong in the background.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #2638: Aug 15, 2017 01:28:48 am
      I'm not saying Sakho is the answer to anything, personally don't get some of the hype about him. But for me, Coutinho is doing his best to not be at the club, I think it's obvious he's faking an injury to not be included and if he doesn't get his way this summer, then he will next year. Sakho is an idiot, no doubt about it but comparing the two, Sakho is the one that would probably love to have another chance with us and although he messed up big time, at least he wasn't making fools out of us like Coutinho. Club tells him he isn't for sale, simple. Club do a statement (all be it a stupid one to do) and what happens, less than an hour later there is a transfer request submitted.

Spot on!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2639: Aug 15, 2017 01:56:15 am

He fkn went to Bobbys wedding and looked like he was having the time of his life with his Brazil mate.

What has happened where he now has a "back ache", handed in a Transfer request and wants to f**k off to Barca as quick as he can?

Barcafuckinglona, that's what mate.

Honestly I can't stand PSG but it was so sweet to watch Neymar get taken from them until this became the knock on effect.

As posted by JD and on the main page, this sums the situation up perfectly:

https://twitter.com/anfieldonline/status/897231143589875718
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2640: Aug 15, 2017 05:10:35 am
      Yep, you're right mate, Owen, Xabi, Torres, Suarez and Masch to name a few who have fu**ed off on us, your heart breaks but getting used to it now. They don't love us as much as we love them. cu*ts.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #2641: Aug 15, 2017 07:34:13 am
      Yep, you're right mate, Owen, Xabi, Torres, Suarez and Masch to name a few who have fu**ed off on us, your heart breaks but getting used to it now. They don't love us as much as we love them. Cu*ts.
      On the flip side, it increases my respect for the likes of Agger, Stevie, Carra, to a certain extent - Lucas, for sticking to the team. But then again we won't find many players like them in our lifetime.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #2642: Aug 15, 2017 08:01:52 am
      Yep, you're right mate, Owen, Xabi, Torres, Suarez and Masch to name a few who have fu**ed off on us, your heart breaks but getting used to it now. They don't love us as much as we love them. Cu*ts.

Having Xabi in that list is harsh, mate. Rafa did not want Xabi and he started courting Barry publicly. I don't think Xabi wanted to leave.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #2643: Aug 15, 2017 08:35:55 am
      If he is going to miss games and be a melt about it all then he should be sold at the soonest possibly opportunity.

Get a proper CDM to stop us conceding so much and we won't need a 'CAM' as such. We have the quality to not miss Coutinho IF we buy someone to improve us defensively!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2644: Aug 15, 2017 10:20:24 am

What has happened where he now has a "back ache", handed in a Transfer request and wants to f**k off to Barca as quick as he can?

What went wrong is a greedy brother and agent, Phil got his head turned by his closest advisors whcih can happen when you're young.
       I still think he's a good lad and its nothing at all like Sakho who is a known disruptive influence. if Phil stays then i think he can easily b eintegrated back into the team with minimal hard feelings, that's certainly what should happen. If anything he'll work even harder to prove himself to us, Klopp and his fellow players.

Quick Reply