Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 398992 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #2668: Aug 23, 2017 01:30:42 pm
      Rubbish, Sakho is about on the same level as Lovren. If he really was as good as you say do you not think Klopp wouldn be trying to give him another chance, somehow, or do you think Klopp deliberately wants to weaken his side?

Look we get it that you love Sakho and think he's been hard done by despite getting a drugs ban, f**king about during a preseason tour then bad mouthing the manger on multiple occasions but the rest of us including, unfortunately for you and Sakho, the manager think that he is a complete bloody liability and the sooner we get some moron willing to buy him, who appear to be very thin on the ground considering how absolutely amazing a CB he is, the better.

"rest of us"

Just who do you think shares all of your illustrious opinions? :lmao:

I  for one would have Sakho back in a heartbeat and have said so on multiple occasions. I think Klopp is foolish for how he's handling this. If you don't want him, lower the price and sell him, end of. Otherwise play him because we need quality CBs and Sakho is one regardless of what you spout off.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2669: Aug 23, 2017 01:31:05 pm
      Opinions are like assholes! Sakho is far better than Lovern, and I don't love him, I think we should have the best squad available to us, he fits that bill at the minute.
       I'd no problem selling him it'd we had brought in Van dijk, but with Lovern, Klavan and Gomez making up 3/4 of our CBs I've every right to be concerned. You seem to keen to deflect all criticism away from Klopp, no manager is perfect, in fact my only criticism of him is stubbornness, but I had the same criticism of Rafa too.
      If Klopp doesn't want Sakho due to his attitude, I can accept that, but ffs replace him!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2670: Aug 23, 2017 01:35:08 pm
      "rest of us"

He suffers from multiple personalities!
      Kopite78
      Reply #2671: Aug 23, 2017 01:40:49 pm
      I'm still not sure we know all there is to know about the Sakho issue.  :confused-smiley-013:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2672: Aug 23, 2017 02:21:51 pm
      "rest of us"

I  for one would have Sakho back in a heartbeat and have said so on multiple occasions. I think Klopp is foolish for how he's handling this. If you don't want him, lower the price and sell him, end of. Otherwise play him because we need quality CBs and Sakho is one regardless of what you spout off.

Well yes of course I don't speak for you, apologies for not excluding you from the rest of us, you certainly don't fit that bracket with your half baked conspiracy theories, criticism of all things LFC, including now the manager, and unhealthy obsession with me which whilst kind of flattering is also a bit creepy.
      Maybe you and Stuey can form some kind of support group ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2673: Aug 23, 2017 02:22:53 pm
      He suffers from multiple personalities!

Which of us are you talking about ;-)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2674: Aug 23, 2017 02:27:57 pm
      Well yes of course I don't speak for you, apologies for not excluding you from the rest of us, you certainly don't fit that bracket with your half baked conspiracy theories, criticism of all things LFC, including now the manager, and unhealthy obsession with me which whilst kind of flattering is also a bit creepy.
      Maybe you and Stuey can form some kind of support group ;-)

Obsession with you? It's hard not to reply to you when you apparently have 5 trained monkeys posting in every thread on the forum. I'm not sure how you have time to do anything else :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2675: Aug 23, 2017 03:02:31 pm
      Obsession with you? It's hard not to reply to you when you apparently have 5 trained monkeys posting in every thread on the forum. I'm not sure how you have time to do anything else :lmao:

;D fair point, I have a very very very boring job at the moment, but even so its almost become an addiction posting on this forum, I really need to slow down or take a break, cue wild applause and cheering!! ;-)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2676: Aug 23, 2017 03:14:55 pm
      ;D fair point, I have a very very very boring job at the moment, but even so its almost become an addiction posting on this forum, I really need to slow down or take a break, cue wild applause and cheering!! ;-)

But if you take a break, who will Stuey and I stalk?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2677: Aug 23, 2017 04:35:13 pm
      But if you take a break, who will Stuey and I stalk?

I know I have that responsibility and also the task of trying to educate everyone ;-)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2678: Aug 23, 2017 04:37:25 pm
      I know I have that responsibility and also the task of trying to educate everyone ;-)

Hahahahaha you could do with a good old-school Kop education first, soft-lad ;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2679: Aug 23, 2017 05:03:28 pm
      Actually i disagree, if you look at the state of Barca right now then I'm not sure I would be tempted as a a player. I think it would take a minor miracle for them to win anything this year or the next couple of years. The current team needs major rebuilding and that costs money which I do not think Barca have, despite the money from the Neymar sale.
      All we know is what is getting leaked out. From the sounds of it there is a lot of discontent behind closed doors. What we don't know is probably worse. I think Barcelona have some financial trouble. 200m for Neymar and they want to buy players in instalments? what if we sold Coutinho for 140m, we get paid 40m upfront and  then they go into administration next year, do we lose 100m? My guess is the risk of that is the reason Barcelona made PSG pay 200m upfront. You can't determine what happens in the future, PSG could well have ended up being sold off and endup up in trouble and unable to pay Barcelona. It can happen to big clubs with high wage bills when Billionaires get bored and realize they are making no profit.
      Ageing team and high outgoing wages is the price for cherry picking players at their peak. It could cost a billion to rebuild. We are probably witnessing first hand what happens if you go out there and don't spend wisely and just go out their buying worlds best.
      It happened in China in their super league, teams being banned for not being able to pay wages.
      Barcelona's decline is going to be swift and they are trying their best to avoid it, which is the answer to the instalment crap, they are not financially stable and can get lost with any bid.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2017 05:10:22 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2680: Aug 23, 2017 09:44:06 pm
      So de we reckon Phil is happy Or sad that we won through tonight!?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2681: Aug 23, 2017 09:45:45 pm
      Hahahahaha you could do with a good old-school Kop education first, soft-lad ;)

Erm did you miss the smiley in my post mate, I was kidding.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2682: Aug 23, 2017 09:48:28 pm

If he's not happy at that then he truly is lost,but I suspect that game might have made his mind up to stay.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2683: Aug 23, 2017 09:50:14 pm
      but I suspect that game might have made his mind up to stay

Not down to him whether he stays or not so no need for him to make his mind up. He just needs to stop acting a tool
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2684: Aug 23, 2017 09:52:36 pm
      What did Phil do in our CL qualifier? Oh yeah that's right, sit their planning his public speech.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2685: Aug 23, 2017 09:53:15 pm

Don't think he gives a sh*t, just dreaming of playing for Barca and next scheme to F**k us over in January or next summer.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2686: Aug 23, 2017 09:54:14 pm
      If he's not happy at that then he truly is lost,but I suspect that game might have made his mind up to stay.

No, the owners made his mind up for him.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #2687: Aug 27, 2017 08:00:54 pm
      This lad could have a problem.

Assuming we keep him (force him to stay), he could end up being Sahko v2.0  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Klopp doesn't like the whole disrespect thing, and for a smaller crime he's kept Sahko out of the squad. Now we have Coutinho who is acting like a complete ......... (various words are possible) and if Klopp is consistent, he's out of the squad for good. Only chance he has to get in is if he is "needed" (or else he makes Klopp a hypocrite).

As it goes he would struggle to get in the team!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2688: Aug 27, 2017 08:51:28 pm
      As it goes he would struggle to get in the team!

I wish it were true, and whilst we can make do without him, as good as Can and Wijnaldum has been last couple of games, we have to remember, this team is built for him to pull the strings, and there is no doubt he will take our attack to the next level.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2689: Aug 27, 2017 10:35:59 pm
      I wish it were true, and whilst we can make do without him, as good as Can and Wijnaldum has been last couple of games, we have to remember, this team is built for him to pull the strings, and there is no doubt he will take our attack to the next level.

Agreed, I reckon we'd score 10 with Phil in the Team.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2690: Aug 28, 2017 04:52:05 pm
      Erm did you miss the smiley in my post mate, I was kidding.

I could say the same F***ing thing!!

Smiley, joke, etc

Quick Reply