Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 401536 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)
      Reply #3312: Jan 08, 2018 05:42:45 pm
      It's not hard to understand if you read it instead of instantly quoting anything I say these days just to argue with me, following me around on the forum like a weirdo.

To summarise just for you:

I'm fuming with coutinho, fuming with FSG and im fuming with JĂźrgen.

That cleared anything up for you?

https://youtu.be/UanuG7nGMvc
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3313: Jan 08, 2018 05:43:26 pm
      Looking at all the smiling pictures of him on his way to Barshitlona and being presented, make me feel sick to my stomach. Tores was my first and greatest loss as a fan of almost 20 years of our great club. After that, Alonso's leaving left me confused, Suarez's departure was disappointing and for this one, I just feel disgusted.

Well Phill, time will tell if you'll make history there or you just had pretty high expectations.

Remember how I said I would put my house down on him not moving? I'm glad I didn't :D

But yeah, the smile on his face makes me feel sick too, but life goes on, we move on and there will always be better players at our club.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #3314: Jan 08, 2018 05:48:09 pm
      Joe Pesci in Goodfellas put it most eloquently:-

“F**k 'em in the ear. F**k 'em in the other ear, that son of a bi*ch”
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018 06:11:31 pm by Scotia »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3315: Jan 08, 2018 06:09:06 pm
      Here's an idea, try to debate with me rather than act like a child and throw petty insults, it only serves to demean you.

Oh and yes I do believe it, otherwise why would I post it??? If you disagree then please tell me why you think Coutinio is more important to the team than VVD, bearing in mind that our major weakness has been in defence rather than attack.

Picture a hamster on a wheel. Going round and round and round. But going nowhere.

So we strengthen our weakness and weaken our strength.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #3316: Jan 08, 2018 06:40:36 pm
      Oh I agree we need more time to assess VVD, but it was one hell of a start and we do kind of know he is quality. Anyway you must agree that for us at this present moment in time strengthening the defence was more important than weakening the attack.
      BTW I am more than happy for people to have different opinions, why else would I be on a forum, but it pisses me off when people won't argue their point and instead just throw out childish insults so thanks for finally explaining your position, I disagree with it but I'm happy to accept and debate it.

I agree that it was very important to strenghten the defence but not at the expense of the attack.. strenghtening the team would've meant signing Vvd and keeping Coutinho.. that's how you build a team capable of challenging for trophies.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #3317: Jan 08, 2018 06:57:04 pm
      I agree that it was very important to strenghten the defence but not at the expense of the attack.. strenghtening the team would've meant signing Vvd and keeping Coutinho.. that's how you build a team capable of challenging for trophies.

Exactly. It's not rocket science is it?

Amazes me how people still can't and don't understand that.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #3318: Jan 08, 2018 08:01:35 pm
      I don't really feel any bitterness towards the player, I was glad to see that he is in fact injured at the moment as there were suggestions that he was faking it (or on strike) a week ago once the transfer window was opened. As for how he has gone about the move, again I think it you compare VVD's actions at Saints I would say Coutinho compares favourably. Maybe he did cry off with a fake injury in August but we don't know that for certain, yes he did put in a transfer request but that's what players do when they want a transfer isn't it? And whilst he was exactly beaming and full of smiles when he scored he did just give us probably the most consistent and impressive spell since coming to LFC so it's not like he downed tools. VVD on the other hand was very outspoken about wanting to move (despite the fact Saints never actually received any bids in the summer), he pretty much took himself out of consideration for Saints until the window closed and then (by most accounts) didn't play particularly well for the next 3 months.

I'm gutted Coutinho is gone, truly gutted but it's nothing compared to how I felt when Torres went to Chelsea. I don't bear him too many hard feelings, he's done his 5 years, been an important player for the club and has traded us in for a club who are guaranteed to win trophies every season. 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3319: Jan 08, 2018 08:07:26 pm
      I don't really feel any bitterness towards the player, I was glad to see that he is in fact injured at the moment as there were suggestions that he was faking it (or on strike) a week ago once the transfer window was opened.

Lot of speculation out there that he is not injured and this is nothing more than a period for him and his family to get settled with a convenient excuse.

Considering the fact of his supposed back injury during the the last fiasco at which point he went and played for Brazil and strangely picked up another "injury" right at the start of the winter window is a little too coincidental for me...both LFC and Barca continue the lie so the player's psyche stays in tact.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3320: Jan 08, 2018 08:25:06 pm
      You have more than a valid point mate. I also agree Barca fans less forgiving than Liverpool fans. It's not often I support you lads in any matches but if you do meet those cu*ts in CL I will be Liverpool fan for the game.  ;D

You mean we aren't your second club all the time?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3321: Jan 08, 2018 08:29:50 pm
      You mean we aren't your second club all the time?

:f_whistle:  ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #3322: Jan 08, 2018 08:31:40 pm
      The main reason it has been allowed to happen now and not the summer is VVD.

I'm sure of that.

He was as desperate to go now as he was last Summer but we refused and kept him then.

75 million things didn't happen last Summer but did in January.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3323: Jan 08, 2018 08:39:58 pm
      At least we did better out if it than Inter, who had no sell on clause. After investing years in him, they gave up and let him go for 11mill or whatever we got him for. There must be some guys over there shitting their pants seeing the transfer fee.

Sounds like he could be out till Feb with the thigh, which is a fair spell, so maybe he wasn't faking it after all - but am open to a good conspiracy theory :)

As some have said, Nike probably a big reason why Barca pushed to get the deal done in Jan (or Nike pushed Barca). They have the kit deal with both Barca and Brazil - big money to be made on the back of wee Phil.

I'll still be interested to see how he gets on tbh. Great to watch, and very talented - but as mentioned on here, can go missing in games. Gets on great with Luis, am sure will settle in well, and under less pressure as not the biggest of the names, should be able to perform.

Bad though not to be more thankful to LFC, the fans and staff etc. At the end of the day, his career was going nowhere when LFC got him back on track to be where he is now. Though sure, we made a few bob on him.

How brilliant would it be to get Barca in the CL. Pity he wouldn't be playing, but would love to see us score and have the camera pan to his wee face in the stand :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #3324: Jan 08, 2018 09:49:07 pm
      I'll never agree with the timing of the sale and I think the club or possibly klopp are piss poor in that respect.

Klopp doesn't seem to have much too much to do with the ins and outs when you take a moment to reflect lid:

When Cou last wanted to go:

“I can say something that is maybe a more important thing,” Klopp added. “As a manager of a football club I have bosses, and if bosses decide, for example, just in general, to sell a player or we don’t sell him, then I have to accept it."

https://www.footballparadise.com/JĂźrgen-klopp-expects-liverpool-chiefs-to-resist-philippe-coutinho-exit-bid/

Michael Edwards has today been appointed as Liverpool Football Club's sporting director.

The 37-year-old is being promoted into a newly-created role as part of a restructuring of the football operations. Edwards will now lead the club’s overall football development, including player identification, acquisitions, sales and retention, as well as taking primary responsibility for reviewing and implementing improvements to the training ground environment and infrastructure

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/241881-reds-appoint-michael-edwards-as-sporting-director
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3325: Jan 08, 2018 10:05:44 pm
      Klopp doesn't seem to have much too much to do with the ins and outs when you take a moment to reflect lid:

When Cou last wanted to go:

“I can say something that is maybe a more important thing,” Klopp added. “As a manager of a football club I have bosses, and if bosses decide, for example, just in general, to sell a player or we don’t sell him, then I have to accept it."

https://www.footballparadise.com/JĂźrgen-klopp-expects-liverpool-chiefs-to-resist-philippe-coutinho-exit-bid/

Michael Edwards has today been appointed as Liverpool Football Club's sporting director.

The 37-year-old is being promoted into a newly-created role as part of a restructuring of the football operations. Edwards will now lead the club’s overall football development, including player identification, acquisitions, sales and retention, as well as taking primary responsibility for reviewing and implementing improvements to the training ground environment and infrastructure

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/241881-reds-appoint-michael-edwards-as-sporting-director

Many said he wanted Coutinho gone in the Summer but FSG didn't want it....maybe they decided to back the manager this time.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #3326: Jan 08, 2018 10:21:50 pm
      Many said he wanted Coutinho gone in the Summer but FSG didn't want it....maybe they decided to back the manager this time.

Christ.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3327: Jan 08, 2018 10:24:35 pm

WAHS, going to leave it just like you did in another thread

Honestly mate, can't be arsed banging my head against the wall.

Just get behind the manager because, honestly, we're fu**ed without him.

I'm out.

That is where I'm at, and all the rest is bullshite to me.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3328: Jan 08, 2018 10:28:38 pm
      I don't know, as much as I love Bobby as a player I'd be more than happy to get another ÂŁ150m for him and then we can get a striker who actually scores goals at a prolific rate.

We couldn't even get ÂŁ150m for Couts, how the F**k would we get that for Bobby?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #3329: Jan 08, 2018 10:40:11 pm
      We couldn't even get ÂŁ150m for Couts, how the f**k would we get that for Bobby?

Less than 18 months on his contract isn't there.

We'll announce the new contract being done towards the end of the window when we haven't bought anybody like we normally do.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #3330: Jan 08, 2018 10:42:26 pm
      We couldn't even get ÂŁ150m for Couts, how the f**k would we get that for Bobby?
      It’s all gone to sh*t mate. Transfer fees are rising exponentially - £150m will be the new £30m soon.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #3331: Jan 08, 2018 10:50:04 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #3332: Jan 08, 2018 10:52:18 pm
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #3333: Jan 08, 2018 10:53:13 pm

No doubt written by someone on the club payroll.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #3334: Jan 08, 2018 11:11:08 pm
      Since the moment I arrived in Liverpool , me and my family have been made to feel so welcome and have made so many friends.

On the pitch and off the pitch, we have experienced the beauty of this club and its fans. In turn, I hope I have delivered memories and moments that have brought happiness to the Liverpool supporters.

Moving to Liverpool, I knew the club’s greatness and history but what I did learn during my time was the unique heart and soul of the place. It has its own personality and character.

I leave Liverpool because Barcelona is a dream for me. Liverpool was a dream that I was fortunate enough to realise and I have given five years of my life to it. A career on the pitch only lasts for so long and to play for Barcelona as well as Liverpool is something I want to experience and enjoy while I am blessed enough to be able to do so.

I hope the supporters understand that choosing to experience something new is not about diminishing their importance to me or the club’s importance. Nothing will ever diminish that in my heart.

I wish JĂźrgen and the team nothing but joy and success for the rest of this season and beyond. This is an amazing team and they are getting better and better all the time.

There are too many people I want to thank, but I cannot name everyone individually.

To all the amazing club staff who have been part of my life in Liverpool - I will miss you. To the owners, whom have tried so hard to bring success, and to the football recruitment staff for showing faith in me to bring me here and rewarding me during that journey, and to my incredible teammates, past and present, who have helped me grow and improve as a player and a person, I would like to say thank you to you all. Anything I have achieved here would not have been possible without you.

And finally, to the most important people of Liverpool - the Liverpool supporters. I can never thank you enough for what you have given me during this time and no matter where I go in the world, for the rest of my life, I will always cherish Liverpool in my heart. You, the club and the city will always be a part of me.

You’ll Never Walk Alone.

Philippe.

Quick Reply